PDA

View Full Version : RAM Descrepancy on Vu+ Ultimo

frankblueking
11-06-15, 10:10
I have tried to find an answer as to why my box information shows total RAM as 275MB, whereas the specification is 512MB. I am still running Apollo 166 until I find a reason to move to Hades image, other than support of course. Can anyone explain in simple terms why? I have searched several times to find a previous thread that answers the above question, if I have missed it then just point me to the correct thread.

The reason for seeking the information is to eliminate the possibility that on occasions I run short of RAM thus causing the box to "go slow" Regards :confused:

Ignore the setup data I haven't updated recently, will do soon when I remember how!!!!

Rob van der Does
11-06-15, 11:10
First of all: Linux has a smart memory management, so you don't have to worry about (free) RAM.
Secondly: Linux only shows RAM that is available for the user. A certain amount of memory is dedicated for system tasks.

If you really do want to check the specs you need to make a bootlo; that will show you the total amount of RAM.
But if I were you, I wouldn't worry about it (and I wouldn't even look at it at all). Just use the box and enjoy it :)

frankblueking
11-06-15, 11:41
Many thanks. I now need to look elsewhere for the cause of "slowing down" and the spinning VIX. Regards

Rob van der Does
11-06-15, 11:50
Best way is to start with flashing Hades 012 and no plugins (apart from a softcam).

frankblueking
12-06-15, 07:52
Thanks again. If I don't need to add plugins I assume they are already included in Hades v12? (eg fan control, CrossEPG etc) Regards

abu baniaz
12-06-15, 08:03
Cross EPG downloader and Fan control are already in the image.

When try to find a fault, you keep setup as simple as possible. If no issues, you then gradually add one thing at a time and test. This will lead to finding what addition causes the issue.