PDA

View Full Version : [ABM-DVB-S/S2] ABM Cannot read data

kevdoc
09-06-15, 16:41
Hi I've run into a problem I've never encounter before with ABM. I've searched and found quite a few posts about the same error message but no resolution. It all started last night when the wife was watching TV. U managed to get Tue box to crash every time she tried to access the recordings. I had seen it before and knew the only way to fix it was to restore without settings. Anyways cut a long story short. While trying to use ABM I get the spinning vix while it saying reading sky uk then the message reads cannot read data. I've tried different areas etc. All the same. I've checked my coax cables all working and getting good snr. I was firstly Oj the last halious build and it was happening and seeing as the new vix was out I put hades 12 to see if it would resolve and it hasn't. I have a gigablue quad running hades 12. Any ideas. Thanks.

abu baniaz
09-06-15, 16:52
Please upload logs as per this thread.
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?44783-ABM-support-questions

Saves us trying to work out what is going on.

Incidentally, Gigablue have not provided updated drivers to fix their issues. Best to stick to Hades 004.

kevdoc
09-06-15, 16:54
Yes just noticed that about the logs. However I have logs enabled also with my username and email but the logs r not saving to root. I will try the hades 04 but cannot see it helping as it was first happening with halios 166

Edit:

I got the log for it. I has forgot to restart system after enabling logging. Hope this helps. I've attached

kevdoc
09-06-15, 17:29
I also sent the log directly from the box

abu baniaz
09-06-15, 17:44
We'll try to look at it later. Do you get the same issue if you use another location?

kevdoc
09-06-15, 17:51
Yes have tried different locations. Still the same issue.

abu baniaz
09-06-15, 18:13
Can you perform a manaul scan exactly as per this screenshot and post back with what you get. Thanks

davers1875
09-06-15, 18:38
Can you perform a manaul scan exactly as per this screenshot and post back with what you get. Thanks

i just tried your suggestion myself and 0 channels were found

kevdoc
09-06-15, 18:40
Will also try it now

Edit:

9 channels found:

BDL
TMS
ETBG
EPG BACKGROUND AUDIO
IEPG DATA 1
DCS1
PSL
BEM

abu baniaz
09-06-15, 18:43
i just tried your suggestion myself and 0 channels were found
Please start your own thread. If you have scanned as pictured, you have a reception issue.

kevdoc
09-06-15, 18:49
Yes my results are the same as your screenshot.... Their the 9 channels I've picked up so its a reception issue? Both tuners sitting around 81 SNR with around 61 AGC

abu baniaz
09-06-15, 18:59
Sounds like it, please compare with the attached screenshot. It is from a normal Sky dish. Do you also have issues running Cross EPG downloader?

For the time being, you may wish to try Lraizer's plugin. It works slightly differntly, it obtains the channel data from any tranponder on 28.2.

kevdoc
09-06-15, 19:06
I'm getting 76 SNR and 62 AGC when manually check that transponder with sat finder. In the meantime I will try and find lraizers plugin and try that see if any better. Thanks for your help.

kevdoc
09-06-15, 19:30
Also I don't have any issues with crossepg downloader. I'm getting full 7 daya