PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] Update to Hades12 issue

Willmoore
09-06-15, 09:25
I have just updated to Hades 12 but when accessing the GUIDE my MK picons (stored on usb) have been replaced with an old set that are stored on HDD.
In - set up>system>epg>settings>epg location it read /media/hdd I changed this to /media/usb and rebooted but the old picons are still showing even though the EPG location still /media/usb

Willmoore
09-06-15, 10:15
It no longer appears to be detecting the usb - I have switched off at the rear and removed/replaced the usb rebooted but still no joy.

Andy_Hazza
09-06-15, 10:23
I have just updated to Hades 12 but when accessing the GUIDE my MK picons (stored on usb) have been replaced with an old set that are stored on HDD.
In - set up>system>epg>settings>epg location it read /media/hdd I changed this to /media/usb and rebooted but the old picons are still showing even though the EPG location still /media/usb

What do you mean? EPG and Picons are 2 completely different things. Can you delete the picon folder that is stored on your hdd. The EPG location is fine on your hdd. Just use picons on your usb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Willmoore
09-06-15, 11:03
Hi Andy,
Thanks for your help (again) - sorry about the confusion.

I have returned the epg to hdd. I have removed the picon folder from hdd. Rebooted and MK picons have returned.
What happened ? why did it start loading the old picons from hdd and not the usb. When i upated from Hades 10 to 11 I never encountered this issue.

rossi2000
09-06-15, 11:56
its likely to search hdd before usb for picons
hence it found the hdd ones first.

delete all picons apart from ones on usb which u want to keep/

Huevos
09-06-15, 13:23
why did it start loading the old picons from hdd and not the usb.Depends on what channel the box is on when it booted. For example if you had picons for 19E on HDD and picons for 28E on the USB and the box boots to a 19E service it will not be able to read the picons for the 28E services, and vice versa.

If the start up service does not have a picon, every time you zap it will check every valid location for a picon for that service. Once a picon is found that folder is saved by E2 as the only location to check for picons, until the next GUI restart.

If you want it to work as expected put all your picons in one folder in whatever location you want to use and remove any other picons from the box.

john doe
09-06-15, 17:48
same issue here, but managed to delete the old one and enter MK's through ftp. also error message cam up when downloading the feeds, but seems to have sorted