PDA

View Full Version : which image, gives the right agc signal quality ?

jjp2701
14-12-10, 08:26
i am looking for the most accurate signal quality in the images, which one shows the most accurate ?

it seems alot of them give false reading qualitys, when i put original image of vu+duo and do a scan it shows me 91 percent on 28.2e on fta channels, now when i flash it with a image it shows 71 percent, so which image gives the most accurate please

Likvid
14-12-10, 17:19
They are all the same as all images use official drivers.

jjp2701
14-12-10, 18:25
i have sorted it out now m8, it was my lnb not been skewed proper, untill a sat engineer came round today and done a proffesional job, he has been in the buisness for 25 years, very good he is, was getting 23 percent quality, now getting 90s across all sats nearly

marty
14-12-10, 19:42
i have sorted it out now m8, it was my lnb not been skewed proper, untill a sat engineer came round today and done a proffesional job, he has been in the buisness for 25 years, very good he is, was getting 23 percent quality, now getting 90s across all sats nearly

Not many folk been doing it 25 years :)

We got Sky back in 89 (DIY install too) long time ago now ;)

DrProzac
14-12-10, 20:01
Yes I've just been up on the ladder and done my skew, I can now get MBC on 26E.
And a few others, might have been the weather though, clear skies here now.

Still need to get the big dish up lol

bob1
14-12-10, 20:04
I didn't think there was any skew to do on a motorized system as it does it as dish twists round.

marty
15-12-10, 04:15
I didn't think there was any skew to do on a motorized system as it does it as dish twists round.

True, but maybe the OP has a fixed dish?

jjp2701
15-12-10, 09:24
no i am motorised, and i got told the lnb being skewed makes it more pinpoint, and when the dish moves the lnb has to be online to move with the dish, thats the problem with alot of engineers, they dont seem to touich the lnb at all

pooface
15-12-10, 09:43
no i am motorised, and i got told the lnb being skewed makes it more pinpoint, and when the dish moves the lnb has to be online to move with the dish, thats the problem with alot of engineers, they dont seem to touich the lnb at all

That's what I was told too... Basically, when you set up your reference point satellite (usually thor, 0.8w), you need to squeeze as much signal as you can out of it... So, you skew the lnb to get the best signal. Send it round the arc checking the signal. Then, at the extremes, try to skew the lnb to see if you get a stronger/weaker signal. If you get a stronger signal, you need to try to do an inbetween point. But getting th strongest signal on base satellite should give you good signal all round the arc...

Am surprised it went up from 23 to 90! When skew was adjusted on my satellite, it only made about 10% difference iirc. You sure that the installer didn't need to make any adjustment to the motor elevation etc?

jjp2701
15-12-10, 16:46
no m8 he started laughing when he arrived and put his metre on it, then he said watch this, and he turned the lnb untill i heard loads of bleeping noises, he said now the metre is reading 99 percent on 28.2e, and before it was 23 percent, and then he went to 1w and said 89, and on 13 98, and 19, 98, and 4.8e, 75-80, so i was over the moon,

lammy1961
15-12-10, 23:39
Is there a tutorial on how to skew the LNB ?
Is it legal ?

pooface
15-12-10, 23:44
A quote from another forum...

Hi,

can anyone shed light on what is meant by Skewwing your LNB in the hope of getting a better signal.

Does this mean turning the lnb? if so do you think you can improve your signal strength?

I currently get 86% with Canal Sport HD and around 81% for the other canal sport channels on Thor.

Is it possible to get a better signal strength?

I have a 1m dish (TM 6800) in the east midlands.

Thanks in advance.
thats exactly what it does it fine tunes the signal
when you loosen the clamp and turn the lnb very slightly left or right
for the strongest signal

jusaju
16-12-10, 00:17
Is there a tutorial on how to skew the LNB ?
Is it legal ?

Hi

And no itīs not illegal.

I am just giving an example.

It belongs where you are and what satellite/transponder You want to have.
So turning (skew) lnb can have good results.

In my position (scandinavia,Finland) itīs impossible to have Astra 2D without a big dish 2.4m...3m.
All the rest comes Ok with my 1.2m offset ...but some Astra 2A south beams are very....very..sensitive with lnb skew.

And when I say very sensitive it means that my dishes are correctly in arc (I have 43W-80E)

With 0.01mm turn of lnb:roflmao: ..or sometimes I feel itīs like that.

All the rest of satellites/transponders are still ok in arc.

silverfox0786
16-12-10, 00:52
With 0.01mm turn of lnb:roflmao: ..or sometimes I feel itīs like that.

wow you must have used a micrometer for that sort of precision :lol3: