PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone.

vileda
07-06-15, 08:45
Hi everyone.

First post on the WoS forums but thought I'd introduce myself as I've just ordered a GiGaBlue Quad+ with a mix of Tuners. (2xT2 and 2x S2).

I'm expecting a bit of a steep learning curve but have some experience using a hands on terrestrial box (Topfield TF5800)for the last 8 years, and have been reading lots of the threads on here over the last couple of months.

Set up wise I've got the following

Terrestrial:
aerial pointing at thePontop Pike Transmitter for following channels 50,54,55,58,59 and a local transmitter for CH56 that fills in a couple of other channels such as pop and Made In Tyne&Wear.

Satellite:
Basically just an old B$B oval dish from when we bought their services before the TF5800 was bought.
2x cables running from the dish to living room and 1x to upstairs (all tested working) dish is still pointing at 28.2 and Freesat.

Currently using a Harmony 650 but the buttons have worn out so will looking for a replacement at some point.

If you've made it this far then thanks for reading!

Andy_Hazza
07-06-15, 08:55
Welcome aboard. [emoji106]🏼

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vileda
12-06-15, 07:44
Due to a delay with the GB Quad + and me changing my mind after seeing there were some driver issues stopping people updating to the latest build of ViX, I changed the order to a Mut@nt HD2400 with 2x S2 & 2x T2 tuners, should be delivered today :)

Andy_Hazza
12-06-15, 08:19
You won't regret it. Excellent receiver!! [emoji106]🏼

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

abu baniaz
12-06-15, 10:41
Welcome aboard.

There are a few more channels for you to scan, they are already listed in trerrestrial.xml file. https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-tuxbox-common/blob/master/src/terrestrial.xml#L1022

If interested......
Please set your tuner to "Pontop Pike(gb) (Europe DVB-T/T2)". Perform a T2 and T scan and then upload lamedb. Please see this thread http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?42301-ABM-Terrestrial-HD-%28UK%29-User-input-required&p=328114&viewfull=1#post328114

E2 was not geared towards Terrestrial users. Added to this, is that I don't believe UK Terrestrail is fully DVB compliant. There are a few ex-topfield users on the forum. Please feel free to add any code to make the image better for all.

cwebb66
12-06-15, 22:48
hi and welcome and enjoy your stay