PDA

View Full Version : Will TM Twin with Vix look the same as Vu+ & how can I control it from another room?

RedDevil101
06-06-15, 22:34
Guys

I am looking at purchasing a Technomate TM-Twin-OE Enigma 2 Linux HD PVR Twin Tuner Satellite Receiver from the sponsors site. I have a Vu+ Zero with Vix Haydes on and it is great, if I was to get the Technomate TM-Twin-OE with Enigma 2 on and Haydes, will it be exactly the same as the Vu+? Obviously the remote will be different etc but with the UI be exactly the same?

I have also noticed it has RF Out on it. Where we have RF cables to each room for watching Sly in different room, originally with Sly I had a magic eye where it was female to male allowing me to plug the RF cable into the Magic eye and then the magic eye into the TV. The magic eye allowed me to control the box downstairs without moving. Is there something i can get which will allow me to do this with the TM box?

Thanks for taking the time to read.

Rgds

abu baniaz
06-06-15, 22:44
The user interface is the same whatever receiver you use the image on.

Not sure about the magic eye, someone with experience using one may answer. However, on all E2 boxes you can use apps on phones to control them.

I appreciate that you want the RF Modulator aspect. Not many receivers have these nowadays. A separate can be bought. Personally, I would buy a receiver with a newer CPU and more RAM and teh separate modulator. The Nano 2 Super or even 3T combo would be a better investment.

RedDevil101
06-06-15, 22:53
The user interface is the same whatever receiver you use the image on.

Not sure about the magic eye, someone with experience using one may answer. However, on all E2 boxes you can use apps on phones to control them.

I appreciate that you want the RF Modulator aspect. Not many receivers have these nowadays. A separate can be bought. Personally, I would buy a receiver with a newer CPU and more RAM and teh separate modulator. The Nano 2 Super or even 3T combo would be a better investment.

Hi

Looking online at RF Modulators a few of them have scart inputs which then go to RF. Can these boxes output scart and hdmi at the same time do you know?

With the UI side of things that is great!

Cheers

Andy_Hazza
06-06-15, 23:02
TM Twin is very dated now imo, better boxes about!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andy_Hazza
06-06-15, 23:05
RF Modulator/Magic Eye is pants technology. You are so much better off getting something like this >>

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=111450816069

Rob van der Does
07-06-15, 05:16
RF Modulator/Magic Eye is pants technology.
Exactly: the worst video quality you can get.....

Why not buy the cheapest box available and connect via LAN to the main box? HD quality and not dependant on what is showing on the master bo.

gilvey
07-06-15, 09:07
Tm twin is a great box, I have two. Rf out works brilliant despite the above comments. I have the boxes running via rf all around the house and the quality is excellent. Rf frequency can be changed on the box to improve picture in cases of interference. With most channels in SD the picture can appear smoother via the rf output. Tsmedia works flawlessly too and the timeshift appears to be sorted now in hades 11. I'd snap one up for £149 any day of the week (if I needed one)

Andy_Hazza
07-06-15, 09:14
Its an old old and slow slow receiver in comparison to the Vu+ Solo2, the TM Nano 2-Super, Xtrend ET8K etc. And no matter what you say the rf/modulator is Pants just like sky's magic eye is Pants!! Hideous technology that is. [emoji85]

RedDevil101
07-06-15, 10:06
Its an old old and slow slow receiver in comparison to the Vu+ Solo2, the TM Nano 2-Super, Xtrend ET8K etc. And no matter what you say the rf/modulator is Pants just like sky's magic eye is Pants!! Hideous technology that is. [emoji85]

Out of those three the TM Nano 2-Super is probably the best as it is a bit cheaper then the others.

Is there a way that I could record something on this box and then using another box can I watch something over the network which is recorded on its internal HDD? This would be what I would do if I didn't have RF.

Cheers for replies

RedDevil101
07-06-15, 10:38
Out of those three the TM Nano 2-Super is probably the best as it is a bit cheaper then the others.

Is there a way that I could record something on this box and then using another box can I watch something over the network which is recorded on its internal HDD? This would be what I would do if I didn't have RF.

Cheers for replies

I cannot edit it but i have just found TSMedia. Instead of spending more on another Enigma 2 box, is there a device that does what enigma 2 does where it will stream programmes and recordings from the box downstairs internal HDD.

This would replace RF. As i would only use RF to watch recordings.

Sicilian
07-06-15, 10:40
Yes u could network mount the hdd's.

gilvey
07-06-15, 17:31
As i said before the rf out is excellent picture if it's set up correctly with decent coax

Rob van der Does
07-06-15, 20:30
No, it's not. RF is composite, which is the lowest form of video-live. See

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Composite_video

gilvey
07-06-15, 20:48
Ffs it's only outputting standard definition in the main. Most channels are standard definition unless you're on a motorised system. Rf output is excellent picture. Maybe not for you, but when set up correctly like mine then it's as good or if not better for SD through rf as it isn't intended for a hd output. Period.

abu baniaz
07-06-15, 21:01
No need for hostilities. It is only a hobby.

At least the OP has both views and can decide for himself.

Rob van der Does
08-06-15, 05:15
Rf output is excellent picture. Maybe not for you, but when set up correctly like mine then it's as good or if not better for SD through rf as it isn't intended for a hd output.
Impossible. There is nothing to 'set up correctly'.
RF = Composite video (modulated on RF) and that is the worst possible quality. Nothing can be changed about that.

TK4|2|1
08-06-15, 06:28
Impossible. There is nothing to 'set up correctly'.
RF = Composite video (modulated on RF) and that is the worst possible quality. Nothing can be changed about that.

I think he is referring to the distribution system being setup correctly, choosing the correct rf output channel so not to clash with other transmissions thus causing poor pictures.
Yes you can get good pictures over rf, only downside is audio is in mono.

Sent by pressing the screen on 1 of my Apple devices, cuz that's how I roll..

Rob van der Does
08-06-15, 06:37
If you find RF-picture quality to be acceptible, it is between the ears.
Maybe on a small CRT TV you can't see the difference, but that's it.

gilvey
09-06-15, 15:33
Looks great going into my Samsung smart tv via rf in the bedroom. Rf also used for hd signals for freeview hd so it can't be that bad?

pz8l8t
09-06-15, 15:49
I have a tm twin, tm-2t and a vu solo2. The look and feel is exactly the same. The solo2 has a more powerful cpu and is much snapper around the menu's and channel changes. The reason I brought my Twin and TM-2T was because of the rf out capabilities which the VU+ receivers don't offer. I didn't want to have to plug in extra hardware to get Sat upstairs and into the kitchen as the the co-axial had already been set out into the walls.

I don't regret buying them and if I needed another receiver which needed rf out then I'd buy another. Hope this helps.

Joe_90
09-06-15, 15:57
Looks great going into my Samsung smart tv via rf in the bedroom. Rf also used for hd signals for freeview hd so it can't be that bad?

RF is the basis for all terrestrial and satellite signals. It is how the information is encoded onto the RF signal which determines the quality. Good widescreen PAL analogue signals encoded RGB would have the edge on lower-rate digital SD transmission. However, and it is big however - your TM box (or an older SKY box for that matter) is taking a low-quality colour signal (composite - not RGB video) and mono sound and modulating it onto an RF carrier for distribution around your home. This is the point Rob is making. It's the lowest quality of video (and no stereo sound) - only a notch above VHS video.

gilvey
09-06-15, 16:41
Well I'm running 2 tm boxes out into a triax mod which then sends all around the house with excellent picture and sound. In fact the graininess which is shown through hdmi on sdchannels is not present through the rf feed therefore making the Sd picture actually clearer. Each to their own. Was only offering my own observation of the actual box the op was referring too. Set up correctly the results are brilliant. I had to tweak the mod to get the picture bang on. If the op already has the rf feed already installed from a sky digibox he doesn't need to be shelling out £58 for an hdmi extender to view sd channels.

Rob van der Does
09-06-15, 18:32
It's the lowest quality of video (and no stereo sound) - only a notch above VHS video.
Correct .