PDA

View Full Version : Boxes with DVB-S2 tuner - no DVB-S channels?

gizmofreak
06-06-15, 14:10
Hi all

This may sound like a stupid question (and probably is) but I'm looking to pull the trigger and get a low-end box for bedroom use, either the Technomate TM-Nano-SE or the VU+ Zero.
The question is, these are both advertised as having DVB-S2 tuner as opposed to DVB-S/S2 tuner. Does this mean these boxes are not capable of receiving channels being broadbcast on the DVB-S platform?

Andy_Hazza
06-06-15, 14:30
Hi, you will receive SD channels no problem with either receiver. Don't worry with it just saying DVB-S2. Vu+ Zero a cracking little receiver and a great remote too! [emoji106]🏼

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

john doe
06-06-15, 16:37
and you will receive a couple HD channels. I have the zero and cant fault it.

gizmofreak
06-06-15, 17:48
Thanks folks. so nobody recommends the Technomate TM-Nano-SE by the looks of it

abu baniaz
06-06-15, 17:49
Thanks folks. so nobody recommends the Technomate TM-Nano-SE by the looks of it
How did you reach that conclusion?

gizmofreak
06-06-15, 18:25
Let me reword, out of the folks that have replied they recommend the Vu+ Zero.
Can anyone comment on the Technomate TM-Nano-SE?

robsunited
06-06-15, 19:01
Let me reword, out of the folks that have replied they recommend the Vu+ Zero.
Can anyone comment on the Technomate TM-Nano-SE?

I can and I will. Great little box of tricks with excellent hd AND sd pictures.

abu baniaz
06-06-15, 21:15
The Nano_SE does not have the the AV output compared to the Zero, not officially supported by Open PLI. If those two are not of any concern to you, then you won't be disappointed.

Andy_Hazza
06-06-15, 21:26
Vu+ has the best remote EVER imo!!! :D

gizmofreak
07-06-15, 02:02
Thanks guys.

What's so good about the remote about the Vu+ remote? As far as I can see the Technomate has the better remote as it appears to be able to control some basic TV functions such as volume / power.

Andy_Hazza
07-06-15, 07:09
You can programme the Vu+ remote to control the tv and volume also. The Vu+ remote is the perfect remote. I'm just offering advice, do as you please.

gizmofreak
07-06-15, 10:14
You can programme the Vu+ remote to control the tv and volume also. The Vu+ remote is the perfect remote. I'm just offering advice, do as you please.

I had no idea this was possible with the Vu+ Zero remote. Maybe this should be mentioned in the description as it is with the Technomate. Or maybe the ability to control the TV from the satellite receiver's remote is commonplace these days and thus not mentioned?

Andy_Hazza
07-06-15, 10:40
It says Vu+ remote is universal, thus meaning its programmable.

gizmofreak
07-06-15, 11:12
Ok cool didn't notice that. So anytime universal is mentioned this means the remote is programmable to control TV.
Thanks for the info Andy_Hazza

john doe
07-06-15, 15:17
Ok cool didn't notice that. So anytime universal is mentioned this means the remote is programmable to control TV.
Thanks for the info Andy_Hazza

Andy's statement is correct, but not all remotes are universal