PDA

View Full Version : Disable volume/mute on vu+ duo

imgold
06-06-15, 13:53
I have an annoying issue which should be simple to solve but never been able to find out how!

I use a Logitech Harmony One to control my Samsung TV and VU+ Duo and sometimes when i'm playing a file and press "6" to skip forward it somehow activates the mute on the Vu+ meaning i then have to use my remote to select device>vu+ hit mute (to unmute it!) then press activities on the remote to go back to watching the file...

If I could disable the mute on the VU+ my problem would be solved!

any ideas?

Andy_Hazza
06-06-15, 14:37
Use your left or right arrow buttons instead!?! (Left to rewind n right to fast forward)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Walt
06-06-15, 15:11
Is it possible that you have HDMI-CEC enabled and the 6 key for the vu is the same frequency as the mute button for the tv?

imgold
06-06-15, 18:20
Is it possible that you have HDMI-CEC enabled and the 6 key for the vu is the same frequency as the mute button for the tv?

no it is muting the vu+ not the TV/amp and only occasionally

imgold
06-06-15, 18:21
Use your left or right arrow buttons instead!?! (Left to rewind n right to fast forward)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well not really 6/ 4 keys are much better for skipping adverts ;)

Walt
06-06-15, 18:26
no it is muting the vu+ not the TV/amp and only occasionally
Just a thought, good luck with finding a solution.

imgold
21-06-15, 19:06
thanks but still no solution :(

imgold
09-01-16, 13:55
Just changed to a new Harmony Touch and still same issue - logitech don't have any ideas why either :(

Not everytime but sometimes when 6 is pressed to skip forwards it mutes the vu+ box which is a royal pain!

If I could disable the volume controls on the vu+ all would be good :)

ccs
09-01-16, 15:53
Try re-learning the 6 key and see if it helps.

70's Man
17-10-16, 22:13
just found this thread - I have a Vu+ Duo and a Logitech Harmony remote (650), and I have this exact same issue.
It's occasional, but annoying.
any solution?

Rob van der Does
18-10-16, 04:53
I use several Harmony's for all my boxes and this is an unknown issue for me.
First of all (as this hasn't been answered yet): make sure that HDMI-CEC has been disabled (for the STB & TV). Probably no solution, but still do it.
Secondly: does this also happen when using the original VU-R/C? If not, just re-learn the dodgy keys.
As a work-around: add the STB-volume & mute keys to the activity, so when this happens you have the keys handy available.

70's Man
23-10-16, 18:50
thanks, i'll check my settings and see what happens