PDA

View Full Version : uploading .ts files

robsunited
06-06-15, 11:50
TM-Nano-SE

I've converted some mp4 and mkv files to .ts format and ftp'd them into my box. Problem is, they take an age to upload. I'm using Filezilla to add them to the SE. I'm wondering IF it is possible to telnet these files to the box instead, and if so, would it make for a faster transfer?

abu baniaz
06-06-15, 16:24
You cannot telnet files over.

The Nano-SE does not have an internal HDD, so I presume you have an external HDD. Can't you connect this to your PC?

Alternatively, set up a network share.

robsunited
06-06-15, 16:48
Cheers abu. I have an external hdd attached so yes I've decided to transfer direct to it from pc. Much quicker and more efficient.

judge
06-06-15, 17:25
Why are you converting to .ts format?

robsunited
06-06-15, 19:07
WHY???? I'll tell you why. A daft friend of mine told me I needed to convert to get my downloads to play. This daft person (ME) now knows that to be a pile of bullsh*t. I've managed to get mp4 video playing without a hitch this evening.

Andy_Hazza
06-06-15, 20:17
I find .ts extension to be better than mkv's n mp4's. I find with the latter to be poor on fast forward n rewinds, but for some reason the ts format is better at fast forwarding n rewinding? Strange.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

judge
07-06-15, 10:23
Encoding to mp4 files works fine here on multiple boxes.

Andy_Hazza
07-06-15, 11:01
I find .ts extension to be better than mkv's n mp4's. I find with the latter to be poor on fast forward n rewinds, but for some reason the ts format is better at fast forwarding n rewinding? Strange.

Yeah mine play fine, just not so good at fast forwarding/rewinding, no biggie tho.