PDA

View Full Version : Show picon in recordings

Willmoore
06-06-15, 11:35
When i view a recorded programme and press for the 2nd info bar I have the picon place holder but no picon. How do I get the picon to show. I am using the confluence skin with the MK picons.

sigpark
06-06-15, 13:26
When i view a recorded programme and press for the 2nd info bar I have the picon place holder but no picon. How do I get the picon to show. I am using the confluence skin with the MK picons.

I think this is the Confluence Skin? If so I believe @Rossi - the skin Author - is looking at this. Please see post http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?45802-Confluence-Skin-BRILLIANT-can-you-do&p=358726&viewfull=1#post358726 and an earlier post http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?45610-Small-issue-with-ViXBMC-1080-Confluenece-skin&p=357554&viewfull=1#post357554

sigpark
07-06-15, 12:42
I think this is the Confluence Skin? If so I believe @Rossi - the skin Author - is looking at this. Please see post http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?45802-Confluence-Skin-BRILLIANT-can-you-do&p=358726&viewfull=1#post358726 and an earlier post http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?45610-Small-issue-with-ViXBMC-1080-Confluenece-skin&p=357554&viewfull=1#post357554

For the Confluence Skin by @Rossi, just incase @Rossi has not got to this yet, here is the fix to the file skin_ViXBMC_1080_Common.xml on path Root\usr\share\enigma2\ViXBMC_1080_Common

See Before and After screen shots and a skin_user .xml that goes on path Root\etc\enigma2. If you are using a skin_user file already, just add this small section.

@Rossi - Could you answer a question for me please? I am wondering how the screens that you write are tied to the remote and skin? For example in the first ViXBMC_1080 skin the GraphicalEPG screen is screen name="GraphicalEPG" and in the ViXBMC_1080 Confluence derivative the "GraphicalEPG" screen is screen name="GraphicalEPGPIG" - I am just wondering how this relationship is set? Also is there a "quick" way of knowing what is the active screen in the skin so that a person can easily locate it and customise? Thanks for the great work.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Change as skin_user:

rossi2000
09-06-15, 20:52
do u still get picon when pressing info when watching tv?

Willmoore
09-06-15, 23:29
do u still get picon when pressing info when watching tv?

No you don't. Removed the above 'fix' and picon returned when pressing info.

sigpark
09-06-15, 23:44
No you don't. Removed the above 'fix' and picon returned when pressing info.

Please read this post -> here (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?45802-Confluence-Skin-BRILLIANT-can-you-do&p=359918&viewfull=1#post359918)

The code around "Eventview" screen and "Info" button for Live TV AND "EventviewSimple" screen and Recorded Movie has changed between Hades 11 -> Hades 12.

As "EventviewSimple" is now a panel for "Eventview" the "fix" referred to above cannot now work for Live TV!

!!The picon widget requires a different type for live TV versus recorded movies - see link above!!

The attached modded skin_user .xml file should make both screens work again, but I am afraid it's too late in the day to test!

One last word of warning - @Rossi also uses the "EventviewSimple" panel in the "InfoBarEventView" screen, and I am sorry I don't know which screen that is, so there could be an impact there?

sigpark
10-06-15, 19:48
One last word of warning - @Rossi also uses the "EventviewSimple" panel in the "InfoBarEventView" screen, and I am sorry I don't know which screen that is, so there could be an impact there?

It was too late last night :p. When I looked at the .XML this evening I see the InfoBarEPG uses the aforementioned screen. I have introduced an EventViewSimpleLiveTV screen for the panel in "EventView" and "InfoBarEventView" screens. As far as I can see all EventView screens work in Hades 12 with this mod maybe @Willmore can confirm?. Over to @Rossi :cool:

Willmoore
10-06-15, 22:29
Works for me :thumbsup:

jwestwood74
11-06-15, 02:18
sorry for being a little thick here but im looking to get the picons on the recordings info as above but i dont understand what i need to do with the above file to get it to work i initiall thought i just copied all the data in the XML into the skin_ViXBMC_1080_Common.xml file over the top of the old eventview section but that just put my box into a constant boot loop

Willmoore
11-06-15, 08:16
Following @sigpark's instructions, once unzipped the .xml file is ftp'd to /etc/enigma2

jwestwood74
11-06-15, 13:38
Have tried putting unzipped file (skin_user_ViXBMC_1080_Confluence.xml) into /etc/enigma2 and also into \usr\share\enigma2\ViXBMC_1080_Common Both done absolutely nothing

Willmoore
11-06-15, 14:16
Have you restarted the GUI ?

jwestwood74
11-06-15, 14:20
yes even restarted the whole box

sigpark
11-06-15, 15:21
sorry for being a little thick here but im looking to get the picons on the recordings info as above but i dont understand what i need to do with the above file to get it to work i initiall thought i just copied all the data in the XML into the skin_ViXBMC_1080_Common.xml file over the top of the old eventview section but that just put my box into a constant boot loop

The problem you had is typical if when the Skin .xml cannot parse - ViX will crash. The good news is that the E2 box will be still up, and you can FTP to it still and undo the change you made.

Anyway as @Willmoore said, any skin_user file must be placed in the /etc/enigma2 folder, and the naming convention must be as per the Skin name - the file name should be exactly the name as posted, including upper and lower case.

With skin_user .xml files you can customise screens of the main skin - the skin_user file gets read last. In this case the code just changes some eventview references.

More good news is that @Rossi will be incorporating a fix for this issue shortly, so the skin_user will not be needed.

As @Willmoore also said, any/all skin file changes require a GUI restart.

Finally, it is never a good idea to change the master skin files in usr/share/enigma2 as the files are overwritten each time you perform an update

Summary:
1. Make sure you are using the .xml file from post #7
2. Make sure you unzip the file and keep the same name exactly when you unzip
3. The fix is only for Confluence skin
4. The file must be placed in /etc/enigma2 folder

Good Luck, and I hope this helps

jwestwood74
11-06-15, 18:35
The problem you had is typical if when the Skin .xml cannot parse - ViX will crash. The good news is that the E2 box will be still up, and you can FTP to it still and undo the change you made.

Anyway as @Willmoore said, any skin_user file must be placed in the /etc/enigma2 folder, and the naming convention must be as per the Skin name - the file name should be exactly the name as posted, including upper and lower case.

With skin_user .xml files you can customise screens of the main skin - the skin_user file gets read last. In this case the code just changes some eventview references.

More good news is that @Rossi will be incorporating a fix for this issue shortly, so the skin_user will not be needed.

As @Willmoore also said, any/all skin file changes require a GUI restart.

Finally, it is never a good idea to change the master skin files in usr/share/enigma2 as the files are overwritten each time you perform an update

Summary:
1. Make sure you are using the .xml file from post #7
2. Make sure you unzip the file and keep the same name exactly when you unzip
3. The fix is only for Confluence skin
4. The file must be placed in /etc/enigma2 folder

Good Luck, and I hope this helps

Tried all the above and still not getting picon on second info screen just the NO Picon loaded

sigpark
11-06-15, 19:30
Tried all the above and still not getting picon on second info screen just the NO Picon loaded

@jwestwood74: Are you using Hades 12? Which second info screen are you referring - The recorded movies "EventView" OR Live TV "EventView"? I assume Picons are installed and that Picons are working on Main Infobar? If it is the Hades 12 version of the Confluence skin, you will have picons in the EPG and in the Channel List also.

I see from earlier post that you placed the "skin_user" file in the ViX1080 skins "common folder" - have you removed this skin_user file?

Are you using the skin_user file from post 7 with ViX Hades 12? If you are on Hades 11, then you need the skin_user file from post 3 above.

If these steps fail, please check your version of Hades and update to 12. Then and if necessary remove the Confluence skin altogether (including other 1080 skin varients - Vix 1080 and Vix 1080 Bello and Vix 1080 Confluence) and reinstall from the start - I say this becasue of what you posted re the common folder, as well as the edits made to the common xml of the skin.

I have tested the skin_user, and from everything @Willmoore says, he has also.

I have exhausted pretty much everything I can think of - I hope this last post helps. Good Luck

jwestwood74
11-06-15, 20:01
@sigpark

1: I am using hades 12
2: i can see picons on the main info bar, EPG, Live eventview just not in the recorded movie eventview.
3: Am using the xml file from post 7
4: have now uninstalled all 1080 skins as i had confluence and bello both installed
5: removed the XML in post 7 from common folder
6: Reinstalled Confluence Skin
7: Unzipped the file in post 7 leaving me with skin_user_ViXBMC_1080_Confluence.xml
8: opened up Filezilla and ftped skin_user_ViXBMC_1080_Confluence.xml to ECT/Enigma2 where all the userbouquet files are
9: Rebooted box and still not got picons on the recorded Eventview but like before have still got them in all the other views

sigpark
11-06-15, 21:12
Hi @jwestwood74. I have to say "thanks" for trying all suggested - I realise it is frustrating and disruptive. It is just about the very best I can do. From all you say, I don't understand - you have taken all the correct steps it seems?

If you want to try something as part of "debug", you can take the skin_user file from post 3 which changes the behaviour of the screen "EventViewSimple". @Rossi updated his code in the Hades 12 release of Confluence, however the original file in post 3 should change the behaviour of the recorded EventView so that the picon works, but because @Rossi is using Panels now (based on EventViewSimple), that original mod will break the picon in the other EventView screens only, this will prove two things:

1. That the skin_user xml is being used or not
2. Changing the code does have an impact on the skin behaviour

It is only a debug process.

Good news is that @Rossi will update the Confluence skin to enable this feature shortly, thus making the "mod/fix" redundant.
Best I can do with the info you supplied. Good Luck

rossi2000
11-06-15, 21:15
it doenst work fully

press ok twice on the recording, no picon
press info watching recording, picon.

abu baniaz
11-06-15, 21:22
it doenst work fully

I have not edited anything and mine behaved like that.

sigpark
11-06-15, 22:28
it doenst work fully

I have a Vu+ Solo2, so with my remote and no skin user file for Confluence skin

1. Press OK once on recording asks to play movie, second OK is to start or resume the movie recording
2. When movie playing first OK brings infobar with "recording" info and the picon is fine, second OK brings "EventView" screen with "No Picon Loaded" as in post 3 of this thread
3. When in movie selection (recording) not playing, One press of EPG button brings up EventView screen with "No Picon Loaded", second EPG press brings up IMDB EventView

With the skin_user mod in post 7 loaded, every press combination above I get a picon. I actually downloaded the skin_user from the post 7 just now to validate, installed to folder and selected Confluence skin over You-Vix Blue I was using tonight - all works, so I am baffled!

Perhaps we should wait for @Rossi's next release - he is the author. Thanks

sigpark
11-06-15, 22:31
@abu baniaz - could you try second "info" watching recording please?

rossi2000
11-06-15, 23:01
all you need to do is put the new simplelivetv panel code into eventview and then change infobareventview panel to eventview.
theres no need for that new panel simplelivetv.

either way, it doenst fully function, with the buttons on my mutant remote. both types of eventview screen are used within movieplayer.

Flyingpig
11-06-15, 23:12
Doesnt work for me either.

Flyingpig
11-06-15, 23:15
Update --- it doesnt work when I press the 'i' button on my ET9000 remote (no picon loaded). however press 'ok' once and it is there on the bar press it again, and it shows up on the screen where the I button shows a no picon loaded .

sigpark
11-06-15, 23:20
all you need to do is put the new simplelivetv panel code into eventview and then change infobareventview panel to eventview.
theres no need for that new panel simplelivetv.

either way, it doenst fully function, with the buttons on my mutant remote. both types of eventview screen are used within movieplayer.

@Rossi I agree, but the release in Hades 12 contained a change so that "EventView" screen became a screen with a "panel" of "EventViewSimple". I thought to use the same format because the "InfoBarEventView" screen also required the same code as the "EventView" screen, i.e. in the latest Hades 12 release the "InfoBarEventView" screen too used the "EventViewSimple" panel, and there is a need to reference picons differently for Recordings and Live TV, as I am honestly sure you know because of the huge variety of great skins you have created - so apologies....

I believe:
Picon for Recording is <convert type="MovieReference">Reference</convert>
Picon for Live TV is <convert type="ServiceName">Reference</convert>

and this is the root of the problem I believe. I suspect that when you solve this you will create a "panel" for each of the picon requirements, and remove the picon code from the "EventViewSimple" screen, creating "EventView" and "InfoBarEventView" screens with the EventViewSimple and Picon Panel combi.

Unfortunately I only have a VU+ Solo2 to test on. Thanks and much appreciation again @Rossi

rossi2000
11-06-15, 23:25
yes the references are correct, this isnt the problem.

the problem is both types of eventview screens are being used within movie playback.

EventView and EventViewSimple.

ok button twice uses EventViewSimple
Info button uses EventView

sigpark
11-06-15, 23:26
Thanks @FlyingPig - see post #3 in this thread - that is the problem you are seeing I think.

sigpark
11-06-15, 23:31
yes the references are correct, this isnt the problem.

the problem is both types of eventview screens are being used within movie playback.

EventView and EventViewSimple.

ok button twice uses EventViewSimple
Info button uses EventView

@Rossi we agree, and that is why I have tried to make panels to cater for screens of both scenarios. The mods in skin_user work on my Vu+ solo2 - can post the screen shots, but I think you belive they will all contain a picon. Anyway, you are the guru, and so over to you - Sorry :confused:

rossi2000
11-06-15, 23:33
the vu remote doesnt have an info button does it?

abu baniaz
11-06-15, 23:34
@abu baniaz - could you try second "info" watching recording please?
OK twice brings up second info bar. No picon showing.

It is a bit complicated. Info button on Vu units had driver issues which made it point to another button. IIRC

(not tested mods yet)

sigpark
11-06-15, 23:39
the vu remote doesnt have an info button does it?

Nope - all I have is "OK" big round one in the centre, "EPG", "TV" (channel list) and "Menu" (set-up) - most everything works but............... Please don't tell me..................

jwestwood74
12-06-15, 00:19
ok after reading all that's been said since my last post i can confirm on my TM nano2 super if i press ok twice on the recording the picon is in the box like it should be but on pressing info i just get the no picon loaded message

Thanks for everyone's help it isn't an important feature but just one that bugged me a little after reading about it

sigpark
12-06-15, 20:52
ok after reading all that's been said since my last post i can confirm on my TM nano2 super if i press ok twice on the recording the picon is in the box like it should be but on pressing info i just get the no picon loaded message

Thanks for everyone's help it isn't an important feature but just one that bugged me a little after reading about it

@jwestwood74 - Apologies for the misleading info, and having you do all the debug. We are all learning, and I am really just a novice, albeit an auld one!

I only have the one box a Vu+ Solo2, and knew nothing of the "Info" button. I modded the screen "EventViewSimple" to reference the Picon from the MovieReference to fix a problem.

Clearly the "Info" button uses this screen, so I broke that feature for you whilst fixing another. Unfortunately I can't see this on my system - just goes to show the work the guys do to make this stuff compatible with boxes for all of us - not just the drivers!

Sorry :p