PDA

View Full Version : What's the quickest way to get out of timeshift?

gkf9
04-06-15, 06:46
Paused a film last night then carried on watching it after a while.
Decided to go bed and pressed stop on my remote control, this seemed to end timeshift, then went to turn off the box and noticed it hadn't turned off, said it was in timeshift.

The little menu come up with the " end timeshift now, save as movie" etc etc.
Is there a way to end ts so I don't get that menu and it can catch up with live tv?

On my old Sly remote I just pressed the Sky button and it would go back to live tv.

I'm using a harmony remote and most of the commands seem to replicate the original remote.

Many thanks.

Andy_Hazza
04-06-15, 07:42
Press menu, setup, system, timeshift settings. I have "Automatically start timeshift after" set to 20 secs and "Show warning when timeshift is stopped" set to No. Green button to save and exit out.
Then you should be able to stop timeshift by the press of the stop button.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gkf9
04-06-15, 08:16
Thanks Andy I'll give it ago when I'm home.

Rob van der Does
04-06-15, 08:25
Be aware: disabling the warning (in fact an 'are you sure' question) makes it very easy to step out of timeshift involuntarily.

john doe
04-06-15, 08:37
when in timeshift press stop button, and click on yes, but don't save timeshift as movie or other option. or press stop and use the un/down channel change and pick on of the titles

gkf9
04-06-15, 10:04
When I press stop it always seems to quit timeshift, but seems to still be in timeshift if that makes sense? Never get the warning straight away.

I'll have to have a play when I get home, can't remember exactly now what happens when I press stop.

Andy_Hazza
04-06-15, 11:40
If you used my settings then when you are in timeshift mode, by pressing stop that takes you to current just like sky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gkf9
04-06-15, 15:00
Thanks Andy, followed your instructions works a treat.