PDA

View Full Version : ipod touch cases

pooface
13-12-10, 21:10
Hi guys.

Just thinking of a little stocking filler to go with the presents for the missus... Since she's getting an ipod touch from me, I was thinking that a case might be a good idea (especially since what I did to my phone :p).

Anyway, was there anything in particular I should be looking at? Any decent brands to get? Obviously it'll have to be girly or pink or something similar. But I'm more interested in getting something that'll be decent as well.

Also, what's best? A gel case type thing, a hard case, etc etc?

All info appreciated, and as quick as, as I don' wanna be left without it on xmas morning :p hehe.

Cheers

Larry-G
13-12-10, 21:26
maybe something like this

http://phone-shop.tesco.com/great-deals/mobile-accessories/i-phone-silicone-case-pink.aspx

pooface
13-12-10, 22:14
Well, apart from that being for an iphone, not an ipod touch :p

But yeah, was wondering whether it's best to get a silicone/gel type one like that, a hard case one, etc etc. What's people's opinions?!

Cheers

silverfox0786
13-12-10, 22:24
get the incase they are brilliant a bit expensive from the itunes store but worth it got an incase on my iphone

they come in iphone anad touch versions

Larry-G
13-12-10, 22:53
Well, apart from that being for an iphone, not an ipod touch :p

But yeah, was wondering whether it's best to get a silicone/gel type one like that, a hard case one, etc etc. What's people's opinions?!

Cheers

lol i know it was for the touch but i was giving you a idea of a pink and girly cover as requested.
plus the touch is almost identical size wise to the iphone just a tiny bit slimmer.

Ojustaboo
16-12-10, 09:56
I purchased a cheapo rubber case for my touch as I'm always falling asleep listening/watching it in bed.

I thought it was a very good case, in that it offers good protection when it falls off the bed etc.

However, I removed the case the other day and was a little annoyed that the nice shiny mirror finish has got damaged due to a couple of bits of dirt working themselves round to the back, getting trapped between the back and the case. Not a biggie as don't intend selling it, but part of the reason I got the case was to protect the thing from scratches.

pooface
16-12-10, 11:14
I purchased a cheapo rubber case for my touch as I'm always falling asleep listening/watching it in bed.

I thought it was a very good case, in that it offers good protection when it falls off the bed etc.

However, I removed the case the other day and was a little annoyed that the nice shiny mirror finish has got damaged due to a couple of bits of dirt working themselves round to the back, getting trapped between the back and the case. Not a biggie as don't intend selling it, but part of the reason I got the case was to protect the thing from scratches.

Hmmmm, thanks for that...

Anyone else had any problems? I remember when I got my case for my macbook, I heard similar stories. Advice was to take it out of the case every month or so to update.

To be honest, I haven't, and it might be scratched underneath... But, it looks like that might be one of the drawbacks.

Anyone else have this problem?

Might just wait until after xmas, and let her choose her own. That way, I won't get in the wrong for choosing a design she don't like, and one that scratches. If it scratches, she chose it :p

silverfox0786
16-12-10, 16:59
sorry poo i dont think i understood that

take it out of case every few months to update????

never done that in my life never had a problem

pooface
16-12-10, 21:59
sorry poo i dont think i understood that

take it out of case every few months to update????

never done that in my life never had a problem

Sorry, was at work running some updates at the time, so writing wrong :-p

Anyway, I meant take it out of it's case and clean it to make sure no dust or dirt...

Sent by my phone

Larry-G
16-12-10, 22:42
Hmmmm, thanks for that...

Anyone else had any problems? I remember when I got my case for my macbook, I heard similar stories. Advice was to take it out of the case every month or so to update.

To be honest, I haven't, and it might be scratched underneath... But, it looks like that might be one of the drawbacks.

Anyone else have this problem?

Might just wait until after xmas, and let her choose her own. That way, I won't get in the wrong for choosing a design she don't like, and one that scratches. If it scratches, she chose it :p

yeah the same thing happened with my first iphone. i put it in a leather hard case pretty much from the second i bought it till i sold it. it was always in the case but again a few very small granules of sand got behind the case and scratched the hell out of the back of the phone. funnily enough the only phone that has not been scratched is this HTC desire i have now as i dont use a case with it just a screen protector.

silverfox0786
16-12-10, 22:44
some times a case can cause more harm than goos but screen protectors are invaluable