PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] Spinning Vix

Fuzzy
01-06-15, 22:54
Since upgrading to Hades 011, I randomly get a spinning vix. This usually happens whilst I am watching a recording and the box isn't recording anything. Not always though, sometimes it's recording as well. The recording that I am watching continues to play perfectly but I am unable to stop it or do anything else. My only option is to switch off at the back.

I don't do anything to make this happen - it usually happens when I don't even have the remote in my hand - the spinning vix just appears and doesn't stop of its own accord.

I tried a reflash but I didn't try without a settings restore.

I have gone back to Hades 10 and all is well again.

rossi2000
01-06-15, 23:42
reflash with NO restores, see what happens.
upload any crash/debug logs.

bellejt
02-06-15, 07:17
same problem here on duo2.I did coach flash.Only way to start box responding again is on off.Not even restart with webif or DCC is possible.

nirmies
02-06-15, 08:54
Upgraded to 011 yesterday through remote and this happened to me twice over the course of the day. I was watching tv no recording or timeshift and then randomly appeared for a minute or so then disappeared. Box did not lock up i just let it run. Technomate Twin.

lincsat
02-06-15, 12:49
It may be something to do with the autotimer. I got the same a few times and the log was showing

[gRC] main thread is non-idle! display spinner!
This was after part of the Autotimer checks. I deleted the Autotimer event entry above and after the stall and it hasn't happened since

nirmies
02-06-15, 13:05
Totally locked up on me earlier had to power off at mains. No crash log but there is a debug log. Log sent via box. Log 1433246502.52

I have no timers set up.

rossi2000
02-06-15, 13:05
upload logs here please.

nirmies
02-06-15, 15:08
As requested.

jtrus
03-06-15, 08:37
I had a similar problem with my duo2 (on Hades ver 11) yesterday evening.

I was watching Spring Watch when I was called away and missed the end, so I used the timeshift option to select event and save.
I then started watching and found that I couldn't skip through using the number keys on the remote. In fact I couldn't do anything other than watch the recording and the spinning VIX.
I left it running as I had other things to do.
About an hour later, I telnetted into the box and looking in /hdd/movies that a recording for the TT 2015 130 Club was still running 30 mins after it should have ended.
I have an autotimer set to record anything on ITV4 that begins with TT 2015.

I killed the Enigma2 process to restart it
I couldn't find a crash log. Should I have enabled this somewhere?

bellejt
03-06-15, 09:11
Had a spinning again this morning.Will look to put a log here this evening.

skippie
03-06-15, 09:28
same on my gigablue quad, had to reboot, got 3 autotimers on, might be that. No log found.

avi68
03-06-15, 12:02
Having a similar problem on my Duo. Flashed to Hades 11 yesterday, clean usb flash, no restore. Was setting up the box, ran an epg scan and the spinning vix appeared, left it for about 10 mins but still the same, had to reboot from the switch at the back of the unit.

This morning I noticed a bug, when scrolling down the channel list using the left/right arrow keys quickly the spinning vix appears, again have to reboot via rocker switch to get the box running again.

No crash log even though it is enabled. It doesnt seem to reproduce a crash log for some reason:confused:

judge
03-06-15, 12:50
No crash log even though it is enabled. It doesnt seem to reproduce a crash log for some reason:confused:
That would be the case as it doesn't actually crash.
A debug log might help though.

avi68
03-06-15, 13:15
That would be the case as it doesn't actually crash.
A debug log might help though.

Ok here you are: 42965

It didnt freeze in the beginning, but then I kept pushing the buttons and it rebooted itself this time.

avi68
03-06-15, 13:25

A crash log appeared and another debug. Dont know if they help.

rimas
03-06-15, 14:34
Same problem here with Vu+ Uno. Glad, I'm not alone. :)

bellejt
03-06-15, 15:21

crash logs from yesterday and today :

lincsat
03-06-15, 16:38

crash logs from yesterday and today :

Looks like yours is Autotimer related as well. Go into the Autotimers and delete both 'Bones' and 'Buren' from the list, then restart the GUI and see if it's fixed.

bellejt
03-06-15, 17:02
I have 21 autotimers and only this 2 would give a problem ? If so I delete them and bring them newly on line.Strange that there was no problem in hades 010.

DaMacFunkin
03-06-15, 18:50
I have had a lot of spinning vix with duo2 and hades 11, on a couple of occasions I've had to telnet in and issue reboot command, wouldn't respond to init 4.
Ps running belo.

bbbuk
03-06-15, 20:18
Weird one as I've not noticed anything like spinning vix with my solo2 and it's running hades 11 with no restore of settings.

I do have autotimers set and they were copied over manually from 10.

I'm using BlueHD but don't have any other plugins installed except softcam.

leshay
03-06-15, 22:14
Hi
Gigablue Quad Plus with Hadesd 011 here and have had this 'spinning VIX' problem tonight. One recording in progress, watching another recording and no user interaction. VIX spinner appeared for a couple of seconds and then soon after, spinning VIX continuous with remote ignored - switch off/on was only way out. No log produced. I strongly suspect that Autotimers are somehow involved as they have been virtually useless lately - missing timers, duplicated timers and refusal to actually create timers at times.

abu baniaz
03-06-15, 22:18
Debug logs are written constantly when enabled and activated. Crash logs are written when there is a crash.

I don't think any of the testers have had this issue. The debug logs will be very valuable in identifying and resolving the issue.

bellejt
03-06-15, 22:39
problem came again when I was walking trough EPG.Going back to hades 10 for the moment.
No logs in the box and restoring from backup is not working also

abu baniaz
03-06-15, 22:54
No logs in the box
Did you enable debug logs and restart?

lincsat
03-06-15, 22:58
I have 21 autotimers and only this 2 would give a problem ? If so I delete them and bring them newly on line.Strange that there was no problem in hades 010.

They are the ones just before and just after the crash. It may be that others are not good enough for 011 either, but worth deleting those 2 and trying. I did the same thing in deleting the 1 before and the 1 after and so far it's been OK for about 48 Hours.

simono5
03-06-15, 23:05
I'm experiencing this issue and can replicate it consistently.

Navigate to the seventh day of the EPG (for today that would be next Wednesday). Set an AutoTimer. The EPG returns to the current date/time and navigating back through the EPG to check the AT results in spinning VIX. Long press the remote STB button to restart.

What I also notice is that after restart some of my channels EPG is missing and only a re-scan of CROSSEPG re-populates the missing data.

Two logs attached. One created as a result of spinning VIX the following as part of the reboot. Hope they help with diagnosis.

leshay
03-06-15, 23:37
Debug logs are written constantly when enabled and activated. Crash logs are written when there is a crash.

I don't think any of the testers have had this issue. The debug logs will be very valuable in identifying and resolving the issue.

Hi
Is it advised to set debug logs to 'on' continuously? I was not to know the box was about to hang, so debug was not set 'on', and I will not know if/when the next mysterious issue will happen. So, again, is it advised to have debug logs on all the time?

judge
04-06-15, 00:11
Hi
Is it advised to set debug logs to 'on' continuously? I was not to know the box was about to hang, so debug was not set 'on', and I will not know if/when the next mysterious issue will happen. So, again, is it advised to have debug logs on all the time?
Debug logs are extremely handy when you have an issue, no real need for them the rest of the time.

abu baniaz
04-06-15, 00:19
When you know you have a recurring issue, it is beneficial to enable them and attach to report.

Andy_Hazza
04-06-15, 08:43
Having a similar problem on my Duo. Flashed to Hades 11 yesterday, clean usb flash, no restore. Was setting up the box, ran an epg scan and the spinning vix appeared, left it for about 10 mins but still the same, had to reboot from the switch at the back of the unit.

This morning I noticed a bug, when scrolling down the channel list using the left/right arrow keys quickly the spinning vix appears, again have to reboot via rocker switch to get the box running again.

Do you have a swap file enabled on your Vu+ Duo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

avi68
04-06-15, 12:07
Do you have a swap file enabled on your Vu+ Duo?

Yep. Swap file on usb (256 mb) and cacheflush plugin.

bellejt
04-06-15, 15:39
enabled logs again and updating from working hades 09.Deleted in advance the 2 autotimers.Will set news if spinning occurs again.Must be a problem that occurs from update after hades 10.If necessairy i wil do a fresh flaf usb with hades 10.

bbbuk
04-06-15, 18:13
If anyone could provide details of how they can always re-create this problem then I can check this on my solo2. But, as it stands, i'm unable to re-create so I assume problem might occur sometimes for some people.

This obviously means it's near to impossible for vix team to fix something they can't re-create.

bellejt
04-06-15, 18:25
I did the update about 2 hours ago.Also removed the 2 timers as asked.Also re-saved the autotimers after updating.No problems until now.If all rests well then it is a problem with autotimers that came from after hades 10.With hades 10 there where no probs. PS : did not do the test with EPG (spinning VIX)

bellejt
04-06-15, 18:58
just got automatic reboot when going trough EPG:

bbbuk
04-06-15, 19:06
just got automatic reboot when going trough EPG:

42995Can you easily re-create the crash? What were you doing just scrolling up or down EPG?

I had a crash on clean build of hades 10 (with no restore) that I posted here (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?45933-Crash-whilst-scrolling-down-G-EPG-list). However, when I tried again it didn't crash.

I've yet to suffer with crash on hades 11 but clearly the problem is intermittent or something.

bellejt
04-06-15, 19:09
recreate works.Now appeared when going trough EPG up down.Just got a new spinning when autotimer recording should have started.I will go back to hades 10 where all was well.Awaiting updates.Tired off having to restartthe box with on off switch and missing my programs :)

jukkal
04-06-15, 19:11
Happened to me, too, with Ultimo, and sounds like the same bug.
I updated to Hades 11 on Sunday, then on Wednesday evening the box was recording Batman when I finished watching an episode of Elementary. When I pressed stop on the remote, the VIX logo started spinning and the box didn't react to any keys of the remote or the front panel power button. I left it on to see what happens. There was about 3 or 4 minutes until the playback recording ended, then the picture froze and the box still spinned VIX and didn't react to any keypresses. I telnetted to issue the reboot command. No log was generated.
I guess I'll turn the debug logging on in case this happens again.

rossi2000
04-06-15, 19:11
from the last crashlog
its a C++ error somewhere.

added some stuff a while back to catch c++ errors

< 11370.871587> Backtrace:
< 11370.873208> /usr/bin/enigma2(_Z17handleFatalSignaliP9siginfo_tPv) [0x45D7D0]
< 11370.874591> -------FATAL SIGNAL

will need time to debug etc.

Alanp
04-06-15, 19:18
from the last crashlog
its a C++ error somewhere.

added some stuff a while back to catch c++ errors

< 11370.871587> Backtrace:
< 11370.873208> /usr/bin/enigma2(_Z17handleFatalSignaliP9siginfo_tPv) [0x45D7D0]
< 11370.874591> -------FATAL SIGNAL

will need time to debug etc.

Would you recommend reverting back to Hades 010 in the meantime Thanks for your help its appreciated

rossi2000
04-06-15, 19:53
if this issue is causing you grief, then ye
if not, stay on 11

so hades 10 is ok?

i havent seen this crash at all on a few different boxes.

bellejt
04-06-15, 20:18
would it be possible to set the coach flash/updating to hades 10 instead of 11 ? Awaiting to find the bug.

rossi2000
04-06-15, 20:19
you can couch flash back to build10 np

pembo
04-06-15, 20:25
I need to look back through my posts... I'm pretty sure I've had this in previous versions of hades so isn't limited to build 011 only... let me check!

Updated - similar issue but slightly different address:

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?46023-Spinner-then-log-manager-crash

By the way - to add - after updating to 011, I've not had the problem since, but I suspect that's just coincidence, but I did do major surgery on my EPG since then to try and stop these issues.

jtrus
04-06-15, 23:43
Just happened again this evening. Recording one programme while watching another recording. about 10-15mins into the I pressed OK on the remote to see the programme details, a little later noticed the spinning VIX. When the recording reached the end it just stopped and did not return to list of recordings. I used a telnet session to restart enigma2.
Hope this helps.

pembo
04-06-15, 23:49
do you have a lot of 'dead' timers?

There's no spinner showing at the end of the log - and there was action after the previous spinner in the log with remote key presses.
There's quite a few timer/epg cache lookup events in the log at the end - hence the quesion

jtrus
05-06-15, 08:12
Most timers are enabled, mainly to pick up new series. EG my wife is a fan of most of the cooking programmes such as Masterchef, so I leave the timer enabled ready for the next series. I got Brownie points when she realises the next series has started and she has missed the first episode :)
I copied the timers over from my ultimo about 2 weeks ago and they have been expanded over the years!
I could re-enable the ones on the ultimo and start again, but is is a real pain when I have filters set up. eg exclude SL in description so as to skip programmes with sign language.
I'm happy to try anything to help.
I'm out today but back this evening.

tappari
05-06-15, 15:10
Let me take an example of this spinning ViX. When I move a movie from my Duo2 to my Synology Diskstation both connected with Gigabit switch ethernet having cat6 cables, I see spinning Vix if I return back watching tv. Shouldn`t the speed of Duo2 and Synology processors be fast ehough for ViX?

pembo
05-06-15, 19:02
Let me take an example of this spinning ViX. When I move a movie from my Duo2 to my Synology Diskstation both connected with Gigabit switch ethernet having cat6 cables, I see spinning Vix if I return back watching tv. Shouldn`t the speed of Duo2 and Synology processors be fast ehough for ViX?

recreate it and post your debug log.

gilvey
05-06-15, 19:19
Vix spinning every time I try to set up an auto timer in hades 11 on my technomate tm twin oe.
Also when I was using Hades 10 when zap was set up it crashed the box every time. Zap ok in hades 11
Though. Just need this auto timer bug sorting.

rimas
05-06-15, 20:48
I deleted etc/enigma2/autotimer.xml, restarted enigma2 and the problem was gone. After that I was able to recreate all my autotimers without spinners. Now my box is running more then 24 hours without any problems

bbbuk
05-06-15, 22:27
Can anyone else having problems try removing all their timers as mentioned in post above and adding each timer yourself to see if this solves problem.

lincsat
06-06-15, 00:09
I don't think it's all the timers. I just deleted the autotimer event above and below the crash and it cured it. I suspect there is something in the .xml from certain timer entries that doesn't like.

rimas
06-06-15, 05:41
I think something is changed in autoimer.xml format. Just deleting single event is not enough.
It's not that bad. I didn't lose all my timers entirely. They were still visible in EPG list (marked as autotimers). It helped a lot.

bbbuk
06-06-15, 09:22
I don't think it's all the timers. I just deleted the autotimer event above and below the crash and it cured it. I suspect there is something in the .xml from certain timer entries that doesn't like.I manually copied over the autotimer.xml file from hades 10 to 11 and, as yet, not noticed this issue. I never copy timer.xml file as I let the autotimer re-populate (all my timers are based on autotimers).

Mods/admin - was there any change in code to (auto)timer or something related to (auto)timer maybe?

gilvey
06-06-15, 09:28
ok just done the above method of deleting autotimers.xml, started to go fine until i input e4 thurs 20.30 new big bang theory - ok
then try to set up e4 thurs 21.00 new brooklyn nine nine - continuous vix spinner

back to the drawing board.....................

Alanp
06-06-15, 10:13
Can anyone else having problems try removing all their timers as mentioned in post above and adding each timer yourself to see if this solves problem.

Tried this problem still present

pembo
06-06-15, 11:09
if you're having the problem and it's easy to recreate please post a debug log!
People could be having different problems, it could be the same problem, without debug logs and some investigation, everyone is just jumping to conclusions...

bbbuk
06-06-15, 11:55
ok just done the above method of deleting autotimers.xml, started to go fine until i input e4 thurs 20.30 new big bang theory - ok
then try to set up e4 thurs 21.00 new brooklyn nine nine - continuous vix spinnerOk, I added your two autotimers and immediately got the spinning vix.

Up until I added these two autotimers I never had this problem.

I will do further testing and enable debut logs for re-creating this spinning vix......

rimas
06-06-15, 12:04
I guess I'm lucky then.

bbbuk
06-06-15, 13:26
then try to set up e4 thurs 21.00 new brooklyn nine nine - continuous vix spinnerWell although when I first added these two timers I also got vix spinner so I flashed back to backup done a little earlier today (ie a clean slate) I then enabled debug mode and rebooted but this time around I couldn't re-create vix spinner.

This/these bug(s) are a mystery...

tomos
06-06-15, 19:12
The "Spinning vix logo" has happened 3 times on my Duo2 since I updated to Hades 11, once whilst watching a recording and twice whilst using the EPG

pembo
06-06-15, 19:57
the spinning vix logo pretty much implies that the CPU is busy (too busy to do anything else).
Therefore it doesn't matter how many times you report you've had the spinner, you need to:
post debug logs
otherwise this won't go anywhere.

I'm running a duo2 and am not suffering with a 'spinning vix'.

Along with a debug log, it's also worth telnetting to the box, running the

command (or htop if you've installed it) and check which process is using the CPU.

Note the processs details and Id, and post this along with the debug log, and also then run

top -H -p <ProcessID>
This will list the threads of the process consuming the CPU and might also help to give some clue.

Without some or all of this it's impossible to guess what the cause may be, or as I said previously, whether everyone has the same issue or different ones.

So please, help us to help you!

gilvey
06-06-15, 20:02
How do we telnet and do the command?

pembo
06-06-15, 20:04
I'd recommend using putty.

http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/
Create a telnet connection to the ip address of your e2 box, log in with the root user and password, and from there you can run the commands.

Obviously be careful as you can run any Linux command here, so make sure you know what the commands will do if you're not familiar, and don't just run commands without understanding the full ramifications

(I appreciate this isn't something the novice user might be comfortable with!)

bbbuk
06-06-15, 20:36
@Pembo,

I did that when I had my spinning vix.

The overall CPU usage remained between 0 to 30% during the spinning vix and the top two processes using most cpu (alternate between the two) was between "top" and "mgcamd 1.38".

I don't believe mgcamd being issue itself for two reasons because one that hasn't itself changed in a very long time and two, even now whilst it's not spinning the same two processes are hogging the most cpu (although the overall CPU usage again remains between 0 and 30%).

Basically, I can't see any difference when running "top" either during the spinning vix or when it's running normally!

pembo
06-06-15, 20:54
Thanks bbbuk - I knew you would have done this already :)

I just want everyone who is complaining about this to start helping us to diagnose the issues more, as it could be a multitude of different things! I know I personally had the spinning vix originally on hades and this was to do with a corrupt epg cache, and this was caused pretty much by a repetitive loop of errors showing in the debug log (not a crash dump!). After fixing this, it had not reoccurred.

Also the timers seem to be of some suspicion here based on others findings.

bbbuk
06-06-15, 21:07
@pembo, has there been any changes to (auto)timer code or epg code (or anything related to either of them) within the last (say) two release builds of hades (ie 10 or current 11)?

tapkor
07-06-15, 09:23
Here is my debug log when the spinning vix has just happened and is still spinning. Top shows nothing special. Enigma2 uses a couple of percents and that pretty much all the activity there is. My box is Ultimo.

skippie
07-06-15, 09:54
I had the spinning wheel on scrolling down the epg yesterday on my Gigablue quad.
I've setup the log manager to send logs.

judge
07-06-15, 10:11
I had the spinning wheel on scrolling down the epg yesterday on my Gigablue quad.
I've setup the log manager to send logs.
Reports like this are pretty useless.
Box used, tuner & EPG setup, debug logs...

skippie
07-06-15, 10:15
sorry, I know, that's why debug log is setup for future problems.

bbbuk
07-06-15, 11:50
I re-enabled debug logs and purposely went to EPG and scrolled around things and selected a programme to record (as autotimer). This time, I got the spinning vix again (and still now as I type this).

Attach are debug logs and piped output of "top". Top, from what I can see, only shows an overall cpu usage of between 0 and 30% (same as my post yesterday).

Looking at debug logs, it looks like it added the autotimer fine but then it started processing other events in my autotimer already (like polling the autotimer again) and then spinning vix. I noticed I have events not found in epgcache errors!

action -> ColorActions green
[SKIN] processing screen AutoTimerEditor:
[SKIN] processing screen SetupSummary:
KEY: 399 GREEN
action -> SetupActions save
[AutoTimer] No changes in configuration, won't parse
[AutoTimer] No changes in configuration, won't parse
< 194.536464> [eEPGCache] event 001c not found in epgcache
< 194.537893> [eEPGCache] event 02f2 not found in epgcache
< 194.539419> [eEPGCache] event 0719 not found in epgcache
< 194.540854> [eEPGCache] event 0262 not found in epgcache
< 194.542326> [eEPGCache] event e9aa not found in epgcache
< 194.544295> [eEPGCache] event 07e1 not found in epgcache
< 194.545828> [eEPGCache] event 07aa not found in epgcache
< 194.653960> [eEPGCache] lookup events with 'Coronation Street' in title (ignore case)
KEY: 399 GREEN
[AutoTimer] Skipping timer because it has not changed.
< 195.601996> [eEPGCache] lookup events with 'Inside Manchester's Midland Hotel' in title (ignore case)
KEY: 106 RIGHT
action -> DirectionActions right
< 199.506266> [gRC] main thread is non-idle! display spinner!

I'm no expert but that to me looking like that this time the spinning vix happened whilst it was processing (ie re-populating timers from autotimers)?

My setup is Solo2 (clean flash with no restore of settings just manually added autotimer.xml file). Sky 28.2 epg data obtained via CrossEPG/OpenTV.

digsatman
07-06-15, 12:17
I too have been having this problem with a Mutant 2400 since updating to Hades 11. The debug log does not seem to have anything in it to help
as the log itself seems not to be updated as soon as the spinning VIX appears and the box then "locks up". I have to power off,

It definitely seems to be EPG or Autotimer related as it only seems to happen when I am browsing the EPG to add autotimers or timers - all seems
to work fine as long as I am not doing anything with the timers.

Previously was using OpenPLI on the Dreambox DM8000 and had been very impressed with the Mutant2400 using Vix until this ongoing problem.

More than willing to help with uploading debug logs but seems pointless if no data gets stored the log as soon as the problem arises.

skippie
07-06-15, 12:40
OK spinner again whilst getting epg with xmltv import and whilst scrolling through the epg. 1433677118.09 log

bbbuk
07-06-15, 14:17
Ok another spinner shortly after adding an autotimer.... 43060

This debug log looks similar to my other one and another forum members log I looked at. Spinner seems to happen around the time it's polling.

I'm going to try something.....

UPDATE: I disabled polling within menu for autotimer and restarted box and still I had a spinner shortly after adding a autotimer. Looking at attached log for this, the last thing it was doing was polling my existing autotimer which I would have thought it wouldn't after me disabling the polling.

I shall do one more last test....

UPDATE 2:

I put box to sleep and deleted actual autotimer.xml and timer.xml files and then once box was up and running I added about 8 autotimers without a problem. After adding the 8th autotimer I got bored of doing that so I just started scrolling around epg and then hey presto spinner again. Log attached of this...

Same as other logs... The last thing it's doing before spinner is polling autotimers. At this point, with no autotimers it looks like I got a lot further before spinner and point of note is that I still had polling set to disabled from menu.

bbbuk
07-06-15, 14:52
Ok another spinner shortly after adding an autotimer.... 43060

This debug log looks similar to my other one and another forum members log I looked at. Spinner seems to happen around the time it's polling.

I'm going to try something.....

UPDATE: I disabled polling within menu for autotimer and restarted box and still I had a spinner shortly after adding a autotimer. Looking at attached log for this, the last thing it was doing was polling my existing autotimer which I would have thought it wouldn't after me disabling the polling.

I shall do one more last test....

UPDATE 2:

I put box to sleep and deleted actual autotimer.xml and timer.xml files and then once box was up and running I added about 8 autotimers without a problem. After adding the 8th autotimer I got bored of doing that so I just started scrolling around epg and then hey presto spinner again. Log attached of this...

Same as other logs... The last thing it's doing before spinner is polling autotimers. At this point, with no autotimers it looks like I got a lot further before spinner and point of note is that I still had polling set to disabled from menu.Ran out of time before editing ones own post is disabled.

Now i'm going to flash clean flash with no restores again but this time without manually copying autotimer.xml over. I shall use default skin.

I'll post back...

bbbuk
07-06-15, 15:31
So further to my last few posts, I did a clean usb flash with no restore of settings. Kept everything as default except just setup epg for 28.2 via CrossEPG/OpenTV and setup ABM for my local area. These settings are what I always do. Installed no plugins whatsoever. Prior to this I did remove crossepg files inc epg data from internal hdd (and chose option to delete epg data also).

I managed to get add a few autotimers before spinning vix returned. Attached is log...

As with other logs, spinner happens whilst polling autotimers. "Top" during spinner was just top itself and "init" again overall cpu usage was between 0 to 30%.

abu baniaz
07-06-15, 15:34
Can you try with a fresh flash of Hades 010 please? (009 seems fine).

davers1875
07-06-15, 16:10
I too have been having this problem with a Mutant 2400 since updating to Hades 11. The debug log does not seem to have anything in it to help
as the log itself seems not to be updated as soon as the spinning VIX appears and the box then "locks up". I have to power off,

It definitely seems to be EPG or Autotimer related as it only seems to happen when I am browsing the EPG to add autotimers or timers - all seems
to work fine as long as I am not doing anything with the timers.

Previously was using OpenPLI on the Dreambox DM8000 and had been very impressed with the Mutant2400 using Vix until this ongoing problem.

More than willing to help with uploading debug logs but seems pointless if no data gets stored the log as soon as the problem arises.

my vu+ solo2 done this last night, just a couple of days after i put hades 011 image on(reflashed) wee circle with dots top left hand side just kept spinning around whilst in EPG, the PIP was working fine but the remote couldn't do a thing and ended up putting box off/on with switch at back after letting it spin for approx 10 full mins, one day i'l try learn how to do logs :)

Sicilian
07-06-15, 16:14
I've just done a fresh flash and setup on 9 & 10, both fine. Ensure EPG.dat is deleted from your storage device and freshly download epg data.

bellejt
07-06-15, 16:24
Hades 10 works fine because I went back to it 2 days ago with restore timers/autotimers and EPG and have not had spinner.

Sicilian
07-06-15, 16:29
010 gave me issues earlier with settings restore and old EPG.dat

bbbuk
07-06-15, 16:30
Can you try with a fresh flash of Hades 010 please? (009 seems fine).Ok tried hades 010 and it was fine. I created over 20 autotimers and scrolled through epg without the spinner showing.

This was under exact same setup as my fresh flash of 11 per my previous post.

010 gave me issues earlier with settings restore and old EPG.dat10 was fine for me with no settings restore and epg/crossepg files deleted first.

FYI, I have tried fresh 11 with epg.dat/crossepg files deleted and still had spinner so if it's a corrupt epgcache then it's looking like its being caused by something in 11.

Sicilian
07-06-15, 16:50
Ok tried hades 010 and it was fine. I created over 20 autotimers and scrolled through epg without the spinner showing.

This was under exact same setup as my fresh flash of 11 per my previous post.

10 was fine for me with no settings restore and epg/crossepg files deleted first.

FYI, I have tried fresh 11 with epg.dat/crossepg files deleted and still had spinner so if it's a corrupt epgcache then it's looking like its being caused by something in 11.

I managed to re-create on 010 that was using a epg.dat from 011.

All we can say right now is anyone affected by this bug to please stay on 010 until fixed.

Fuzzy
07-06-15, 16:55
Hades 10 works fine because I went back to it 2 days ago with restore timers/autotimers and EPG and have not had spinner.

Same here. Not had one spinner since I went back to Hades 10 (2 days ago).

bbbuk
07-06-15, 17:04
I managed to re-create on 010 that was using a epg.dat from 011.Sounds like an possible corrupt epgcache issue caused by something in 011.

FYI, I noticed you enabled Virgin EPG data by default in 11 so I tried enabling Virgin EPG data before setting crossepg/opentv and couldn't re-create spinner problem. I knew virgin epg data isn't likely related to this issue but I noticed you changed it's default status so thought why not see just in case :)

bellejt
07-06-15, 17:16
I also opened another topic on EPG : seems it is corrupt when using crossepg downloader because in several places it says : Warum immer Israel

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?46177-corrupt-EPG-on-all-epg-lists&p=359298#post359298

jukkal
07-06-15, 19:28
Happened today to me with Ultimo running Hades 11:
I checked the timers, noticed a timer for a Mentalist episode I have already seen, added by autotimer. Disabled it with the yellow button.
Started watching a previously recorded movie. After about 40 minutes I saw the spinning VIX. The box didn't react to any remote buttons, but since the playback seemed to continue all right, I left it running until the next commercial break (about 5-10 minutes, I think). I noticed that the playback time display on the front panel didn't advance, it had stopped when the VIX logo started spinning.
I went to my pc to telnet in and reboot.
After watching the rest of the movie, I checked that now there was a debug log, which I downloaded and include here now.
I flashed back to Hades 10, until there will be another update available after Hades 11.
[edit]
Forgot to mention: before rebooting, I started top, and managed to copy these bits (somewhat hard when the markings get cleared when top refreshes the display):

PID USER PR NI VIRT RES SHR S %CPU %MEM TIME+ COMMAND
543 root 20 0 140376 48504 4460 S 2.0 17.7 311:23.07 enigma2
2455 root 20 0 3640 1424 992 R 1.0 0.5 0:00.94 top
500 root 20 0 32768 1156 788 S 0.7 0.4 11:33.24 automount
621 root 20 0 14080 2140 1068 S 0.7 0.8 32:41.31 oscam
25 root 20 0 0 0 0 S 0.3 0.0 3:05.71 kswapd0
162 root 20 0 0 0 0 S 0.3 0.0 20:16.45 sched_high

543 root 20 0 140376 48504 4460 S 2.0 17.7 311:23.48 enigma2
621 root 20 0 14080 2140 1068 S 0.7 0.8 32:41.47 oscam
2455 root 20 0 3640 1424 992 R 0.7 0.5 0:01.21 top
25 root 20 0 0 0 0 S 0.3 0.0 3:05.75 kswapd0
161 root 20 0 0 0 0 S 0.3 0.0 0:10.27 sched_low
1 root 20 0 1948 412 336 S 0.0 0.2 0:05.24 init

543 root 20 0 140376 48504 4460 S 2.0 17.7 311:23.68 enigma2
2455 root 20 0 3640 1424 992 R 1.3 0.5 0:01.35 top
621 root 20 0 14080 2140 1068 S 0.7 0.8 32:41.54 oscam
500 root 20 0 32768 1156 788 S 0.3 0.4 11:33.31 automount
17542 root 20 0 0 0 0 S 0.3 0.0 0:00.67 kworker/1:0

543 root 20 0 140376 48504 4460 S 1.6 17.7 311:23.89 enigma2
2455 root 20 0 3640 1424 992 R 1.0 0.5 0:01.48 top
500 root 20 0 32768 1156 788 S 0.7 0.4 11:33.34 automount
621 root 20 0 14080 2140 1068 S 0.7 0.8 32:41.61 oscam

Sicilian
08-06-15, 16:42
Should be fixed in 012.

bbbuk
08-06-15, 20:04
Should be fixed in 012.I assume you've found the problem? What was it?

abu baniaz
08-06-15, 20:19
https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/commit/5ae06c37c840980aa4cff5d11457430fc4daebae
https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/commit/576a87869e555d2e537c985daed62fceec1e666a
https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/commit/fc87dec3f7df1a086ce93976f8dcc775e7584bd8

davers1875
08-06-15, 20:29
Should be fixed in 012.

i just flashed 011 at the weekend, would you advise flashing back to 010 tonight in preparation for 012 getting uploaded to feeds sometime tonight/in the morning ?

bbbuk
08-06-15, 21:05
12 is available from ftp site i've just noticed.

I would like to thank those involved in quickly fixing it :)

abu baniaz
08-06-15, 21:38
You can perform an online update to 012. Menu > Setup > Software update

However, it is advisable to delete the existing EPG data using the load/save/delete option in the EPG menu. One of the team had the issue on 010 when using epg data acquired with 011

Fuzzy
09-06-15, 01:15
All seems well with Hades 12. Thanks for the fix :)