PDA

View Full Version : XBMC - What's it all about

rowladar
01-06-15, 00:00
Hi All,
another noobie question...

XBMC - can someone explain the purpose of it, and why I would want to load it on my Vu+ Duo2

What does this plugin do that the Vu+ doesn't already do?

Sorry for the simplistic question but I'm finding it very difficult to find a decent source of information of what the various plugins are and what they do, so if anyone could point me at an A-Z of plugins that would be great!!

cheers.

D.

Andy_Hazza
01-06-15, 07:21
Google is your best friend! Its a media player.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trial
01-06-15, 07:43
Hi,
media player is an understatement. It is a media data base with integrated player. XBMC has the possibility to install addons which is like the plugins of the Duo2. Among these addons are also a lot of so called scrapers which gather information for audio/video from the internet and present it in a nice manor.

For instance you have a MP3 folder with the a lot of albums from AC/DC then the scraper find additional info for the group and also for each album. When the correct scrapers are installed then it works with >95% accuracy so you hardly have to correct something.

btw. XBMC is now called Kodi. There is no Kodi for VU+ but most of the information on kodi.tv, especially the wiki, is still valid.

ciao

Mr. Mister
01-06-15, 09:34
Dont waste your timer putting it on an E2 box.. Its soooooooooooooooooooooooooo ssssslllllllooooooowwwww

Go get yourself an android box / stick.. and use that for Kodi..

Kodi 15 is about to be released.. I tried the beta over the weekend.. and all was quite good..

Although i did go back to SPMC 13.3 .. For me its the most stable version yet..

rowladar
01-06-15, 22:46
Dont waste your timer putting it on an E2 box.. Its soooooooooooooooooooooooooo ssssslllllllooooooowwwww

Go get yourself an android box / stick.. and use that for Kodi..

Kodi 15 is about to be released.. I tried the beta over the weekend.. and all was quite good..

Although i did go back to SPMC 13.3 .. For me its the most stable version yet..

Thanks for the advice but it's a little late - already got the Vu+ Duo2...

I do have an Amazon TV stick though - and been reading about jailbreaking those so might see it Kodi can be put on that!

Larry-G
01-06-15, 22:55
Thanks for the advice but it's a little late - already got the Vu+ Duo2...

I do have an Amazon TV stick though - and been reading about jailbreaking those so might see it Kodi can be put on that!

You don't need to jailbreak the AFTV box/stick to load XBMC / KODI, Google side loading.

gizmofreak
03-06-15, 18:16
I can provide an image of fully loaded SPMC for fire stick if anyone wants it. All you'll need installed on your fire stick is SPMC (obviously) ES File Explorer and also RAR.

Larry-G
03-06-15, 18:31
Or try TVMC which is specifically setup for android devices with all the usual addons already installed etc.

http://www.tvaddons.ag/tvmc-android/

sensui619
14-06-15, 12:18
Is TVMC referred to as Kodi Gotham as i have heard of this?

Larry-G
14-06-15, 14:05
no TVMC is a custom version of kodi setup by the TVMC group with all of the more popular addons already preconfigured, its also available directly from the amazon app store.