PDA

View Full Version : [ABM-MISC] favourites.xml - clarification needed on setup

maxben
31-05-15, 11:29
Yesterday I spent a good part of the day trying to create my own favourites bouquet and failed, that was with Hades10.

This morning I updated to Hades11, tried again to create the favourites bouquet and again failed so my conclusion is I must be making a fundamental error.

This is what I have done to date.

Favourites allows the creation of a complete favourites list that will preceed all other ABM bouquets.

Channels selected for the favourites list can come from any providers that are being scanned, and these
providers must be scanned on every ABM run. The filename of the configuration file is:
/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/custom/favourites.xml

Followed the readme and created a simple 'test' favourites.xml and placed in /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/custom/

This is to create a favourites bouquet with just one channel RTE One in the bouquet.

I scanned both Sky ROI and UK with a custom area but no 'custom' favourites bouquet is created.

<favourites>
<name>My List</name>
<sections>
<section number="100">Entertainment</section>
<section number="200">Movies</section>
<section number="300">Music</section>
<section number="400">Sports</section>
<section number="500">News</section>
<section number="600">Documentaries</section>
<section number="700">Kids</section>
<section number="800">Other</section>
</sections>
<inserts>
<insert provider="sat_282_sky_irl" source="101" target="117"></insert>
</inserts>
<bouquets>
<main>0</main> <!-- 0 or 1 -->
<sections>0</sections> <!-- 0 or 1 -->
</bouquets>
</favourites>

s2tephen
31-05-15, 11:38
Go and download DreamboxEdit its easy with that

maxben
31-05-15, 12:01
Go and download DreamboxEdit its easy with that

Considering my post is in the ABM support section I find your post totally inappropriate and disrespectful to the dev of this great feature of VIX and who puts alot of work into the project.

I know perfectly well how to use DreamboxEdit to create or edit bouquets and that's exactly what I'm trying to get away from.

abu baniaz
31-05-15, 15:58
Upload your file and debug log too please.

maxben
31-05-15, 18:39
Thanks abu, files attached , the xml is the same as posted above and checked with an xml checker for formatting errors, the log is the e2 log, I can't find where ABM stores it's own log.

If you need that let me know where it's stored pls.

abu baniaz
31-05-15, 18:49
ABM does not have its own log, everything is recorded to the main E2 log. Default in /home/root/logs/ (the one you uploaded)

Those logs do not show you running ABM. Can you run ABM then upload the updated logs please?

maxben
31-05-15, 19:06
here you go, thanks again

abu baniaz
31-05-15, 19:28
If you look at line 773

[BouquetsWriter] Writing favourites bouquet...

However, the issue lies in your xml:

<bouquets>
<main>0</main> <!-- 0 or 1 -->
</bouquets>

You've set generating the main bouquet to "no"
You've also set generating the section bouquets to "no"
0 = no
1 = yes

abu baniaz
31-05-15, 19:43
Looks like there could be an issue, or we are both doing something wrong. Please wait for an update.

Can you confirm that the favourites.xml file is in the "custom" folder?

maxben
31-05-15, 19:59
Yes, confirmed as stated in my OP

abu baniaz
31-05-15, 20:13
This is what I got.

maxben
31-05-15, 21:05
Yep, thanks abu

As I said in my OP that I suspected I was making a fundamental error and I was.

At least one of the main or sections has to be enabled although I'm sure I tried that yesterday.

<bouquets>
<main>1</main> <!-- 0 or 1 -->
</bouquets>

The above also works fine.

Can you answer another question

Are there any particular rules for the target number ? I'm guessing not as I see the main 'Sky UK -All channels' numbering is pushed up a 1000 places with BBC1 being numbered 1101

Thanks again abu, really appreciate your help.

abu baniaz
31-05-15, 21:28
Do you just want to insert sime channels from one provider into another provider?

maxben
31-05-15, 21:34
Also insert some from main provider.

Sorry another question :D is it possible to not have the 'Favourites (TV)' bouquet ? it seems rather pointless when using this custom favourites method.

maxben
01-06-15, 00:35
All sorted now, I just have 1 section and 1 continuous list which is just what I wanted for the few channels I want to put there.

Forget the daft last question :o

Thanks again for the help.