PDA

View Full Version : What format does the HDD need to be to be able to record and then use on PC?

RedDevil101
31-05-15, 00:25
Guys

What format does the HDD need to be to be able to record and then use on PC?
In windows 8 and 7 I believe any external disk cannot be formatted to fat 32 if it is over a certain size.

What format does the Vu+ Zero / Enigma 2 need to HDD to be to record onto it, and then be able to unplug and view the files on the PC?

I see there is an NTFS plugin which means it will read NTFS but i didn't have much luck.

Can anyone spread some light and some help on this please?

Cheers

adm
31-05-15, 00:34
Guys

What format does the HDD need to be to be able to record and then use on PC?
In windows 8 and 7 I believe any external disk cannot be formatted to fat 32 if it is over a certain size.

What format does the Vu+ Zero / Enigma 2 need to HDD to be to record onto it, and then be able to unplug and view the files on the PC?

I see there is an NTFS plugin which means it will read NTFS but i didn't have much luck.

Can anyone spread some light and some help on this please?

Cheers

Install a utility on your Windows PC that will allow you to read/view/copy a Ext3/Ext4 formatted HDD.

Example

http://www.howtogeek.com/112888/3-ways-to-access-your-linux-partitions-from-windows/

Sicilian
31-05-15, 07:49
Moved to correct section, please do not post in 'Downloads Only' sections!

Stanman
31-05-15, 12:12
Hdd will be ext but you don't need to do anything to be able to watch on telly. IRC you need samba or NFS installed and you can either go into my computer and see box and click on movie folder to play on PC, can use VLC player or media player.

You can drag and drop using.FTP