PDA

View Full Version : Help Me Please (Need to upgrade)

Defect
28-05-15, 20:38
Evening All,

As stated in my welcome thread, I am new to the world of E2 boxes and bought myself a very basic box just to test out and ensure it is something I like before committing money to it. I currently have a Cloud Ibox2+ SE. I have now had this for around 4/5 month and I am happy with how the box has been so wanting to upgrade to a more serious box. Unfortunately, I do not have the knowledge I would like before committing to a bigger purchase - but that is where you guys come in! I really would appreciate your help, I will include as much info as I can that I believe will help, if you need any further info just ask - I will be more then happy to help. A list of points I believe will be valid in helping choose the correct box:

1) MUST be fast! (Channel switch, menu movement etc, bootup etc)
2) 2x Sat, 1x cable feed
3) Give me the ability to watch from a tablet in another room (I have read this is possible with VU+ Duo2, correct me if I am wrong). (IPad)
4) Reliable
5) Original (No CLONES)
6) Have room to fit internal HDD
7) Not have any issues with record playback/timeshift.

After spending many hours reading up - it seems to be between VU+ DUO2 and GigaBlue QUAD+. However, if there is a better alternative PLEASE do advise. I don't mind reading etc so I will be happy to read up on other boxes etc.

Budget is not really an issue, I have around £500 at the moment but if I need to spend more, I will. I would just like a top range box so I do not need to worry about 'Upgrading' to a better box. The way I see it is, you can make 1 purchase of £500. Or buy multiple boxes (upgrades each time) and end up spending £X,000's.

All your advice will be appreciated!
Mark

abu baniaz
28-05-15, 20:48
3. All E2 receivers can do this.
5. Buy froma reputable seller who does not sell clones. Sponsor is among them.
6. Is form factor a consideration? i.e 2.5/3.5 inch HDD?

Defect
28-05-15, 21:21
3. All E2 receivers can do this.
5. Buy froma reputable seller who does not sell clones. Sponsor is among them.
6. Is form factor a consideration? i.e 2.5/3.5 inch HDD?

3. Many thanks, handy to know.
5. I was planning on buying from WOS shop aslong as they stock.
6. HDD size won't matter, I can buy either size.

Mark