PDA

View Full Version : cannot create image backup

gizmofreak
26-05-15, 12:11
hi there

I cannot create an image back up to USB. The usb pen drive itself has successfully been used to flash the box so I would imagine there is not issue with it.
I have attached a pic showing the error that comes on screen after getting to about 70%

abu baniaz
26-05-15, 12:12
Can you upload the crash log please. It will be found in /home/root/logs/

abu baniaz
26-05-15, 12:17
Can you enable debug logs, restart receiver so this takes effect.

Repeat process and then upload debug log please. You will find the ogs in home/root/logs/

rossi2000
26-05-15, 12:25
hmmm
burn.bat is missing from vix-core

gizmofreak
26-05-15, 12:30
Can you enable debug logs, restart receiver so this takes effect.

Repeat process and then upload debug log please. You will find the ogs in home/root/logs/

I'll do this and come back to you. However I was first thinking I may be doing something fundamentally wrong. Do I need to go 'mount' the usb pen drive first?
Also I'm using the usb port at the back of the box (not the one at the front) if that makes any difference.

abu baniaz
26-05-15, 12:35
The devices should be mounted automatically.

gizmofreak
26-05-15, 12:48
ok well in that case the USB pen drive is already mounted and I imagine the unmount option simply allows you to safely remove the pen drive.

I have looked in the instructions to make an image backup (link below) and I'm able to follow ok but I cannot change the backup location to usb. The instructions say to do the following:

"press MENU then using the left and right buttons on the remote you can change the location"

When I press left/right nothing happens, but the usb is definitely mounted ok because I can make recordings to it!

LINK for instructions
http://openvix.co.uk/openvix-builds/%2A%2A%2AGuides%20and%20Tutorials%2A%2A%2A/How%20to%20make%20a%20image%20backup%20using%20ViX %203.0.pdf

rossi2000
26-05-15, 13:05
should be fixed in next build.

gizmofreak
26-05-15, 13:12
should be fixed in next build.

ok so I'm guessing this is a known issue and there's no need for me to post debug log?

abu baniaz
26-05-15, 13:19
It has only become known today becusae of your post. When next build is out, please upload debug log if it does not work. Sometimes you can see issue on pictures uploaded, sometimes you cannot.

In any case, any issue which always fails should have a log attached. Takes the guesswork out of teh equation. To fix the issue, it means the person has to recreate the problem. Some problems are box/region/user settings specific.

gizmofreak
26-05-15, 14:49
of course, how short-sighted of me, have done it now, attached is the log after I enabled logging and repeated process.

gizmofreak
04-06-15, 00:28
Fixed in 011 image.

I'm now able to make a backup.

Thanks very much for those involved who fixed this.