PDA

View Full Version : [TM-NANO-SE] Intermittent black screen

robsunited
25-05-15, 12:24
Hi guys. Sometimes on starting my box all I get is a black screen. It's as if it isn't communicating with the tv. Usually I have to put the box into standby, leave it a few seconds, and turn it on again. This usually fixes things.

One thing I've found is that if I were, (for example), to press the Menu button on the box before going into standby, that sometimes the box comes back on with the Menu screen actually being displayed after I've taken it back out of standby.

Not sure if this is a bug or a local issue, hence my reason for reporting it as a support question rather than a possible bug issue.

mann
25-05-15, 14:43
Hi guys. Sometimes on starting my box all I get is a black screen. It's as if it isn't communicating with the tv. Usually I have to put the box into standby, leave it a few seconds, and turn it on again. This usually fixes things.

One thing I've found is that if I were, (for example), to press the Menu button on the box before going into standby, that sometimes the box comes back on with the Menu screen actually being displayed after I've taken it back out of standby.

Not sure if this is a bug or a local issue, hence my reason for reporting it as a support question rather than a possible bug issue.

Turn off HDMI CEC in box settings

robsunited
25-05-15, 17:03
Thanks mate but it has never been turned on.

robsunited
26-05-15, 00:20
I'll turn off HDMI CEC on my telly in the morning see if that helps. It's only happened once today.

judge
26-05-15, 01:37
Thanks mate but it has never been turned on.

I'll turn off HDMI CEC on my telly in the morning see if that helps

:confused:

robsunited
26-05-15, 08:56
Why the confusion judge? Have I said something stupid?

I was asked earlier to turn off HDMI CEC on my BOX, but then I never had it turned on in my box settings. Just before bed last night it dawned on me that maybe I should turn it off on my TV as well (I read that advice on a different forum following a google search last night). It's a Panasonic tv, so HDMI CEC is called Viera Link on that model of telly.

Sorry for coming on here and making dumb comments to you guys. I'm only trying to learn how to do things. :o

goosegog
26-05-15, 09:44
You aint asked a dumb question or said anything stupid fella,seems a common issue with certain tvs[emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robsunited
27-05-15, 20:19
Just like to add that since disabling HDMI CEC on the tv everything has been working well (let's hope I haven't jinxed myself) :beer_toast:

Walt
28-05-15, 01:00
HDMI CEC is a strange beast with so many different options within the image. I just turn on my tv and it changes to HDMI 1, turns on my amp and receiver with one button. Same to turn off all but in reverse. Must admit I had to do a lot of trial and error to find the best option.