PDA

View Full Version : Vu+ Duo & Vix 1.3 - Issue playing DivX AVI files

mcquaim
13-12-10, 12:47
Hi there,

Another question, I'll wear out the fingers at this rate...

I have transferred AVI files to my Vu+ Duo box and trying to play it via the media player from the menu. It really doesn't play very well at all, picture and sound are very jumpy!

Has anyone come across this issue?

Cheers,
mcquaim

jjp2701
13-12-10, 12:55
yeh, change them to mp4 format then play them, vu hasnt supported alot of media type on there boxes, even though they are advertised as a satelite and media player,

mcquaim
13-12-10, 13:28
Ah, pity about that..

I wouldn't be ars€d changing them all, take way too long. I have an Iomega media hard disk so I'll just stick to playing them from that so.

Thanks for the response jjp2701..

MalteseMick
13-12-10, 13:38
I'm in the same boat although some divx play better than others with autoresolution set on. Hopefully they can fix it with an update to drivers in the future. Most MKV play extremely well if the audio is encoded in AC3.

mcquaim
13-12-10, 13:59
Hi MalteseMick, thanks for the update!

If they updated the drivers it'd be class! I have so many boxes and leads stuck in my tv it'd be nice to have an all-in-one solution...

I seen some posts talking about a vlc plugin. Do you know if this us a player or just to stream your signal over the net?

I have used it on my pc and iPhone and it's great, plays almost anything without a hitch..

MalteseMick
13-12-10, 14:10
You need to configure a computer on your network to be the VLC server to stream to your VU+ which has the VLC player installed. It will stream from a set folder on your network. I haven't tried it yet but I believe it re-encodes the video on the fly before sending it to the player so basically any media type that VLC player for PC supports will stream to your box.

See here http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?3653-Vlc-player-on-vu-solved!!

jjp2701
13-12-10, 14:12
i tried vlc ,and the pic quality was rubbish, steer clear of vlc it crashes the box alot too

mcquaim
13-12-10, 14:49
I guess we'll just have to wait for an update that will properly support the playing these AVI files.. Still a great box though, a few little issues but I'm getting there slowly but surely..

What image you guys use? I initially was on VTI but then switched to VIX cos couldn't get WLAN to work on VTI. It worked out it wasn't VTI but my dongle wasn't supported. It was a blessing though cos VIX seems much better and more user friendly.

Any of the others better still?

jjp2701
13-12-10, 15:22
the latest blackhole image m8, its solid as a rock

i am running this version, BlackHole Vu+ Duo v. 1.4.1 Multiboot

MalteseMick
13-12-10, 15:26
What does the Blackhole image do that VIX doesn't?

I've used Blackhole on my DM800 and moved to PLi for more stability.

jjp2701
13-12-10, 15:27
pic more clearer, and more stable on emulators

Malcolm-X
22-12-10, 01:34
I have transfered my entire iTunes Movie Library to my VU+ Duo (ViX 1.3) HDD and playing the .MP4 movies on it and I have to say the picture quality is amazing and solid.

Most of my movies are around 300mb so I have space for a hell of a lot of movies on my 1TB HDD.

dfdream
24-01-11, 14:06
Update -
Been using PLi 2.0 for a few weeks now and have to say that playback on video files (through the recordings menu anyway) is 1000 times better than it ever was.

I have tried MKV, MP4, Xvid and Divx.

MKV and MP4 are perfect but sound on DTS is not there even though enabled (fine on the rest AC3 etc). (downmixed)
Xvid and Divx are way better than they were, not streched, jumpy or slow to respond (95% what they could be, very watchable).
Skips forwards and backwards and searches work much better and the response of the box in general when playing videos back is much better.
At the current setup its borderline making my popcornhour defunct.

Roll on the new drivers in VIX.

mcquaim
27-01-11, 12:36
Any ideas when these new drivers will be released on Vix??

pooface
27-01-11, 13:04
Any ideas when these new drivers will be released on Vix??

When testing has been finished :p

samad
27-01-11, 16:08
On latest PLi image.

I followed the guide and everything. I am able to view the network via VLC and also browse all the folders and stream mkv, avi files.

One problem: Quality is not good. the 720MKV is being streamed like low quality video.

http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/7016/screenshotbbm.jpg

You can see my VLC settings on vu duo above. I also tried to increase the mpeg video coded to 9000 does not help.

Any fix on how to get this quality to stay top nitch while streaming from PC?

dfdream
27-01-11, 16:40
Why are you streaming them to the Duo.
I mapped a share on the VU from my Media Storage.
Then I go into the recording menu and press Yellow Location Button and browse the share and play the files directly on the duo.
I dont use the media player either, the recoring menu method works better for me.
Why are you streaming to the duo. Is it an unusual file format.

samad
27-01-11, 17:46
Why are you streaming them to the Duo.
I mapped a share on the VU from my Media Storage.
Then I go into the recording menu and press Yellow Location Button and browse the share and play the files directly on the duo.
I dont use the media player either, the recoring menu method works better for me.
Why are you streaming to the duo. Is it an unusual file format.

From where exactly do I map the share from media storage? can you tell me how exactly I can achieve that, or maybe a possible URL with a guide?

thankyou.