PDA

View Full Version : Vu+ Duo - HDD Booting up when receiver in standby

mcquaim
13-12-10, 12:40
Hi there,

Has anyone noticed their hard drives booting up on it's own during the night when the receiver is in standby?

Mine was booting up last night and this morning while the display was not activated (still showing date/time). I did not have it scheduled to record anything so shouldn't be that..

I'm currently using the Vix 1.3 image.

Anyone had this issue?

Cheers,
mcquaim

Sicilian
13-12-10, 12:47
Hi there,

Has anyone noticed their hard drives booting up on it's own during the night when the receiver is in standby?

Mine was booting up last night and this morning while the display was not activated (still showing date/time). I did not have it scheduled to record anything so shouldn't be that..

I'm currently using the Vix 1.3 image.

Anyone had this issue?

Cheers,
mcquaim

Is your epg data set to be stored on HDD? Could be the epg updating.

mcquaim
13-12-10, 12:52
Hi sicilian,

Yeah, the epg is stored on the hdd alright but I think it is set to download at 5:40AM each day. It booted up around 2AM, possibly at 5:40 and then this morning around 9. It may have done so other times that I did not notice..

If it was not in my room I would not have noticed as it wakened me each time!

Thanks for the quick reply!

Sicilian
13-12-10, 13:10
What are you using for EPG, RyVIX or Crossepg?

mcquaim
13-12-10, 13:25
I'm using CrossEPG, works really well. Would the issue be it?

Sicilian
13-12-10, 13:28
I'm using CrossEPG, works really well. Would the issue be it?

Possibly.

Try disabling Crossepg in Crossepg > Configure. Then try enabling RyVIX epg choosing the source that you require.

mcquaim
13-12-10, 13:32
I will do, it'll have to wait until this darn work is finished.. Messing with these sat boxes is so addictive, taking over at the minute.. Being a total newbie doesn't help I suppose!!

Thanks a mill once again Sicilian!

pooface
13-12-10, 13:41
As Sic says, it's likely crossepg is the suspect here, as the last version of crossepg has a bug in, which caused it to randomly download the data. We patched it, so that it would only download the data if box was in standby. But it would still do it randomly...

Crossepg has recently been updated, and hopefully this has been fixed. But we need to get it put in for testing ;-)

Sent by my phone

mcquaim
16-12-10, 11:02
Hi folks,

The problem was CrossEPG alright. When enabled it attempts to update the EPG every hour. I could have altered this update time but I decided to take Sicilian's advice and disable it and use Rytec instead.

I use it to update once each day at a more acceptable time!

Thanks for the advice lads!

steve1978
23-12-10, 11:13
That was an issue that has bugged me since the first release! i Just thought it was "what it does" it makes like a whizzing noise and often wakes me up. In the latest release i cant say i have noticed it. I am using the default EPG thing which i think is RyVIX.