skeggylad2
23-05-15, 10:55
Hi my EPG is not auto updating correctly
all that is happening is the screen freezes along with the vix sign

am using latest Hades
thanks

abu baniaz
23-05-15, 11:06
It is a memory intensive process. Try adding a swap file.

skeggylad2
23-05-15, 11:12
switched off back on fine again but every morning am waking up to a Hades screen saver
got the duo the way i want it just now pitty this aint working
thanks for reply

abu baniaz
23-05-15, 11:13
What receiver is having issue?

skeggylad2
23-05-15, 11:18
Hi its a VU+ Duo

electrocop
23-05-15, 11:31
Where are you saving the EPG file to? Ideally it should be stored on a USB memory stick. Also try setting up a swap file on the USB. The EPG is a large file and the Duo's limited onboard memory can't handle it. I had the same problem with my Duo and after doing these two things, no more issues!!

skeggylad2
23-05-15, 11:39
Hi everything is saved to internal 1TB hard drive to make this simple for me

abu baniaz
23-05-15, 11:49
Best you add a swap file.

skeggylad2
23-05-15, 11:53
ok sorry whats a swap file please?
just replace the file with a new one?

casuk
23-05-15, 11:59
No go to blue, vix, swap manager, create 256mb swap, and activate ,

skeggylad2
23-05-15, 12:12
Hi thank you i tried this its saying no file found?

skeggylad2
23-05-15, 12:20
Its asking me to create a file how do i go about this?

abu baniaz
23-05-15, 12:21
Press the create button. Make biggest swap file you can.

skeggylad2
23-05-15, 12:31
Hi there is no create option on mine just activate autostart

Willmoore
23-05-15, 13:22
Hi there is no create option on mine just activate autostart

When i look on mine in swap manager it's the same, although the create option in blue flashes up and disappears.

Andy_Hazza
23-05-15, 13:28
When i look on mine in swap manager it's the same, although the create option in blue flashes up and disappears.

What Image/Build are you on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

abu baniaz
23-05-15, 13:30
You can only creatre a swap file if you have devices in ext file system, not fat32. If you already have a swap file, you will have a delete option.

skeggylad2
23-05-15, 13:37
oh yes just pressed blue and it created it although its not there lol

ok so created a swap file whats it do lol

cheers

Willmoore
23-05-15, 13:45
What Image/Build are you on?

deleted as hijacking someone elses thread - sorry

abu baniaz
23-05-15, 13:54
It adds virtual memory that receiver can use when required.

Best to enable autostart too.

skeggylad2
23-05-15, 14:03
Brilliant gonna do a back up ? so save all settings

thank you

Willmoore
23-05-15, 17:01
You can only creatre a swap file if you have devices in ext file system, not fat32. If you already have a swap file, you will have a delete option.

I don't understand what this means. I have ABM Providers SkyUk swap channels set to yes. In Swap Manager no option to create.

abu baniaz
23-05-15, 17:19
Your USB stick, what format is it in.

Do not mixup a swap file and ABM option to swap channels.

Andy_Hazza
23-05-15, 17:22
I don't understand what this means. I have ABM Providers SkyUk swap channels set to yes. In Swap Manager no option to create.

2 complete different things @ Willmoore. In ABM, select your region, so for eg my region is Sheffield so I select "CustomSheffield" and enable swap, this replaces BBC1, BBC2, ITV (Standard Definition) channels with the HD (High Definition) equivalents.
Swap File is something completely different, like Abu says it creates a virtual memory as the Vu+ Solo, Vu+ Duo lack memory n this helps matters when setting up a swap file via Swap Manager.

Willmoore
23-05-15, 17:33
Your USB stick, what format is it in.

Do not mixup a swap file and ABM option to swap channels.

FAT 32 - all that is stored on it is a picon file

abu baniaz
23-05-15, 17:42
As mentioned earlier, you only get that option if it is in ext file system, not fat32. Backup your picons to PC. Initialise (format) it through receivers menu. Transfer picons back.

Willmoore
23-05-15, 18:30
I am not experiencing any problems - I was just following the thread and checked how mine was set. I guess doing this makes sure I do not get issues in the future ?

I have the picons backed up to pc - do I then remove the usb and delete them off it ? then what ? as I'm not sure what this means :confused: Initialise (format) it through receivers menu.

Andy_Hazza
23-05-15, 18:40
Press menu, Setup, System, Storage devices, Initialisation. This is where you format usb flash drives, hdd's etc.

Willmoore
24-05-15, 09:48
Press menu, Setup, System, Storage devices, Initialisation. This is where you format usb flash drives, hdd's etc.

Thanks Andy, It returned an error, not sure why. Removed the usb, formatted and reloaded picons via laptop and then created the swap file - all good now.

My wife said " for god's sake - surely there can be nothing left to do on that bloody box !" we'll see :D

Andy_Hazza
24-05-15, 09:50
Thanks Andy, It returned an error, not sure why. Removed the usb, formatted and reloaded picons via laptop and then created the swap file - all good now.

My wife said " for god's sake - surely there can be nothing left to do on that bloody box !" we'll see :D

Hee Hee. It's only the start tell her!!! lol [emoji14]

Walt
24-05-15, 10:27

Obviously she's perfectly happy with her shoes and bags and will NEVER need any more. lol

skeggylad2
24-05-15, 10:46
chuft to bits woke up this morning epg has updated during the night
channels were all on happy camper thanks for everyones help love this site