PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] Vu DUO2 Stuck on UBIFS Update Hades 0.10

tribute
23-05-15, 07:50
Hi, Guys ..never really had to post on the site before as always seemed to find the answer to any queries. However I'm a little stumped.
I have tried to update my Duo2 , to the latest Hades 0.10. I have tried with 4 Usb sticks , with 3 of them they are like they dont get recognised [box boots up as usual] and on the 4th the update process gets stuck at UBIFS update.
The box is original, I flashed an image of vix not more than 2 months ago, without any issues. Now I cant seem to update at all.
Is there a way to update via another method other than usb?
Thanks

Sicilian
23-05-15, 07:54
Use a max 8GB USB stick, genuine kingston if possible.
Use a REAR USB port.
Format the USB Stick FAT32 using this tool http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?45-HP-USB-Stick-Drive-Format-Tool

Willmoore
23-05-15, 09:33
I did mine (from Apollo to latest Hades ) via FTP following advice on here - look from post #9
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?45798-How-important-is-it-to-reflash-every-update-to-Hades

djz46
23-05-15, 09:54
Hi there, just flashed mine last night to hades .10 from the front USB with a 16gb Sandisk stick.

I did try a cheap 8gb stick i had lying around before and it did not want to know.

tribute
23-05-15, 19:15
Right, thanks guys... I'll try the advice above, and get back to you.

I was beginning to think maybe the STB may have a fault with being stuck on UBIFS update.

The size of the usb's were 16gb x2 and 4gb x2, 3 did not work and one Hewlett packard [stuck on ubifs update] was a 4gb stick.

casuk
23-05-15, 19:38
Kingston under 4 gb all the way for vu+, every one who owns a vu should own a kingston flash drive under 4gb

abu baniaz
23-05-15, 20:15
Flash using image manager. You can download via PC and transfer to HDD on receiver. Zipped image should be placed in folder called "imagebackup" Name may be slightly different, not looking at receiver at the moment.

Bazzer
23-05-15, 20:54
Kingston under 4 gb all the way for vu+, every one who owns a vu should own a kingston flash drive under 4gb
Totally agree casuk my Vu Solo would not load any image when using 8GB and 16GB only worked when I used next doors 4GB

cactikid
23-05-15, 21:54
most of mine that work are kingston 8gb,cruzer 8gb and integral 8gb which body flashes to show its busy at work.;)

tribute
11-06-15, 03:57
update guys, finally got hold of a kingston 4gb usb. Formatted using the HP tool as mentioned by Sicilian, plugged in the front and the box completely blanked it.
So, on take 2 I followed the same process except I plugged it in the back, and viola, it flashed.
Thanks for all the input, I think next time I will use Abu Baniaz suggestion of image manager and see how that goes.