PDA

View Full Version : cam for duo2

wullboy
21-05-15, 18:21
Where would the cam go on a duo2, in the file directory on a duo, its usr/softcams, but on the duo2, there is only usr, there is no softcams folder,is it a diferrent directory for the duo2 ????....cheers....

Stanman
21-05-15, 18:34
Did you download the cam from feeds as it may not have created the directory but still same location across boxes

wullboy
21-05-15, 18:50
Did you download the cam from feeds as it may not have created the directory but still same location across boxes

no m8, i did not download it from the feeds, I'm waiting to ftp it, into the correct location ??

wullboy
21-05-15, 20:57
Urey m8, this is the factory de-fault image that's on the box....so, why no softcam folder the file structure ???

Andy_Hazza
21-05-15, 21:43
Urey m8, this is the factory de-fault image that's on the box....so, why no softcam folder the file structure ???

Factory default image....??? Put ViX Hades on for the best user experience @ blueboy!! [emoji106]🏼

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

electrocop
21-05-15, 21:53
Maybe he wants to keep the factory image?
I for one would love to know how to add a softcam to the default image on a Vu+ receiver. I tried at one point when i first got my box (it came with VIX installed but wouldn't work correctly with my TV, whereas the Vu+ image did) - I understand that there is a way to do it but i didn't understand enough about Linux to be able to accomplish it. :confused:

Andy_Hazza
21-05-15, 21:56
Default image is painful, I shudder at the thought. eeeeewww. lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Walt
21-05-15, 22:02
Maybe he wants to keep the factory image?
I for one would love to know how to add a softcam to the default image on a Vu+ receiver. I tried at one point when i first got my box (it came with VIX installed but wouldn't work correctly with my TV, whereas the Vu+ image did) - I understand that there is a way to do it but i didn't understand enough about Linux to be able to accomplish it. :confused:

I think the answer to why it didn't look right on your tv is to do with image overscan on your tv.

electrocop
21-05-15, 22:04
No need to be like that, LOL :D
It's not that bad........ but each to their own i guess, but i must admit that i have gone for an alternative image now as it does make life soooooo much easier.

electrocop
21-05-15, 22:09
@Walt - it was nothing to do with overscan - it was an aspect ratio issue - it wouldn't stay in 4:3 mode and defaulted to widescreen regardless of what it was set to, and yes it was VIX specific before you ask! <<Anxiously waiting for all the knives to be hurled at my back>>

Anyway, this isn't the place to discuss my issues - this is for Blueboy's softcam query. Thanks for your input though. :)

wullboy
22-05-15, 10:20
Guys, ive updated to the vix hades image, as its far superior to anything else out there, But i`m just a wee bit surprised that the factory vu+ image failed to have a softcam folder in it`s directory, [ could be to keep them out of trouble ... lol ].... Anyway I`m guessing that all i had to do so go back to my duo box and retrieve a copy of the softcam folder and install it into the duo2 with the cam that im using.. ???

judge
22-05-15, 11:26
Guys, ive updated to the vix hades image, as its far superior to anything else out there, But i`m just a wee bit surprised that the factory vu+ image failed to have a softcam folder in it`s directory, [ could be to keep them out of trouble ... lol ].... Anyway I`m guessing that all i had to do so go back to my duo box and retrieve a copy of the softcam folder and install it into the duo2 with the cam that im using.. ???

No idea why you're having softcam issues? :confused:
Just install the version you want from the plugin feeds.

wullboy
22-05-15, 13:15
No idea why you're having softcam issues? :confused:
Just install the version you want from the plugin feeds.

Judge m8, lol, I'm not having any troubles with a softcam, i bought a new duo2, and when i try to install the cam into the image that came with the box !! there was no softcam folder within its directory, and i was wondering why, so anyway m8, i just install the latest hades image and i'm up and running, no probe ...cheers !!