PDA

View Full Version : [ABM-DVB-T/T2] AutoBouquetsMaker showing BBC2 SD instead of HD

SkyFan
21-05-15, 17:41
AutoBouquetsMaker today is showing BBC Two standard definition instead of the HD channel. I have Vix Apollo 113.

I was wondering why this happened when I thought AutoBouquetsMaker is supposed to automatically show the correct channel?

Andy_Hazza
21-05-15, 18:03
AutoBouquetsMaker today is showing BBC Two standard definition instead of the HD channel. I have Vix Apollo 113.

I was wondering why this happened when I thought AutoBouquetsMaker is supposed to automatically show the correct channel?

Elaborate more. What do you mean "ABM is supposed to automatically show the correct channel"??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SkyFan
21-05-15, 18:06
I can't be any clearer than what I've already said. BBC2 SD is showing in my channel list instead of BBC2 HD. Autobouquets is supposed to show the correct channel at all times even when the frequencies change, etc.

abu baniaz
21-05-15, 18:26
What settings have you used? You have just refalshed your image, so the settings you used are most probably differnt to what you used last time.

I would have tried latest image instead of apollo 113

SkyFan
21-05-15, 18:31
I backed up my image when everything was working. I have not changed any settings. I don't want to update to a new image, it gets exhausting having to install a new image and settings all the time.

Here are my AutoBouquetsMaker settings:

<custom>
<include>yes</include>
<lcnlist>
<configuration lcn="101" channelnumber="141" description="BBC One HD"></configuration>
<configuration lcn="102" channelnumber="102" description="BBC Two HD"></configuration>
<configuration lcn="103" channelnumber="178" description="ITV HD"></configuration>
<configuration lcn="104" channelnumber="227" description="Channel 4 HD"></configuration>
<configuration lcn="105" channelnumber="145" description="Challenge"></configuration>
<configuration lcn="106" channelnumber="402" description="Sky Sports 1 HD"></configuration>
<configuration lcn="107" channelnumber="403" description="Sky Sports 2 HD"></configuration>
<configuration lcn="108" channelnumber="404" description="Sky Sports 3 HD"></configuration>
<configuration lcn="109" channelnumber="405" description="Sky Sports 4 HD"></configuration>
<configuration lcn="110" channelnumber="406" description="Sky Sports 5 HD"></configuration>
<configuration lcn="111" channelnumber="210" description="BBC Three HD"></configuration>
<configuration lcn="112" channelnumber="410" description="Eurosport HD"></configuration>
<configuration lcn="113" channelnumber="411" description="Eurosport 2 HD"></configuration>
<configuration lcn="114" channelnumber="120" description="ITV4 HD"></configuration>
<configuration lcn="115" channelnumber="447" description="MOTORS TV UK"></configuration>
<configuration lcn="116" channelnumber="407" description="Sky Spts F1 HD"></configuration>
<configuration lcn="117" channelnumber="426" description="BT Sport 1 HD"></configuration>
<configuration lcn="118" channelnumber="427" description="BT Sport 2 HD"></configuration>
<configuration lcn="119" channelnumber="433" description="ESPN HD"></configuration>
<configuration lcn="120" channelnumber="268" description="ITV4"></configuration>
<configuration lcn="121" channelnumber="980" description="BBC RB 1"></configuration>
<configuration lcn="122" channelnumber="451" description="Sky Sports F1"></configuration>
<configuration lcn="123" channelnumber="505" description="CNBC"></configuration>
<configuration lcn="124" channelnumber="164" description="Challenge+1"></configuration>
<configuration lcn="125" channelnumber="118" description="ITV2 HD"></configuration>
<configuration lcn="126" channelnumber="136" description="E4 HD"></configuration>
<configuration lcn="127" channelnumber="171" description="Channel 5 HD"></configuration>
<configuration lcn="128" channelnumber="176" description="5*"></configuration>
<configuration lcn="129" channelnumber="432" description="Racing UK"></configuration>
<configuration lcn="130" channelnumber="182" description="BEN"></configuration>
<configuration lcn="131" channelnumber="232" description="AIT Int'l"></configuration>
<configuration lcn="132" channelnumber="237" description="FilmOn.TV"></configuration>
<configuration lcn="133" channelnumber="252" description="?TV"></configuration>
<configuration lcn="134" channelnumber="266" description="BnanzaBnanza"></configuration>
</lcnlist>
</custom>

abu baniaz
21-05-15, 18:35
That is your custom lcn file, not your settings.

Which provider did you select?
What region did you select?
Did you enable swap?

SkyFan
21-05-15, 18:40
Freesat (UK) Yes
Freesat (UK): Area: England HD: London/London. Leave other settings on defaults
Sky UK: Yes
Sky UK Area: London HD
Sky UK Swap Channels: No

abu baniaz
21-05-15, 18:45
What does an official Sky HD receiver show for BBC2 with a card registered to a London postcode? Is it HD or SD?

Enable the swap.

Andy_Hazza
21-05-15, 18:45
Freesat (UK) Yes
Freesat (UK): Area: England HD: London/London. Leave other settings on defaults
Sky UK Swap Channels: No

You are best using the LONDON SD version and setting Swap to YES. The reason for LONDON SD is so hides all the unwanted "non viewable hd channels" and enabling swap will swap your sd channels with the hd equivalent.

SkyFan
21-05-15, 18:54
You are best using the LONDON SD version and setting Swap to YES. The reason for LONDON SD is so hides all the unwanted "non viewable hd channels" and enabling swap will swap your sd channels with the hd equivalent.

How do I do that? Under Sky UK (SD) do I select Yes?

Andy_Hazza
21-05-15, 18:56
Yeah turn sky hd off and sky sd to yes and choose london sd buddy.

SkyFan
21-05-15, 19:00
What does an official Sky HD receiver show for BBC2 with a card registered to a London postcode? Is it HD or SD?

Enable the swap.

When I press 102 it goes to BBC2 SD. The HD channel is on channel 142.
Am I correct in saying that AutobouquetsMaker does NOT update the channel numbers, it only updates the channel frequencies?

Andy_Hazza
21-05-15, 19:05
Did you enable swap then rescanned ABM?

abu baniaz
21-05-15, 19:17
How do I do that? Under Sky UK (SD) do I select Yes?
Yes.

abu baniaz
21-05-15, 19:18
When I press 102 it goes to BBC2 SD. The HD channel is on channel 142.
Am I correct in saying that AutobouquetsMaker does NOT update the channel numbers, it only updates the channel frequencies?
It replicates the offical list. If you have a HD sky receiver and using a card registered in London, the numbers will be as it has produced them. If you want to swap them, say yes to the question about swapping. They will then always be swapped.

SkyFan
21-05-15, 19:35
It replicates the offical list. If you have a HD sky receiver and using a card registered in London, the numbers will be as it has produced them. If you want to swap them, say yes to the question about swapping. They will then always be swapped.

I don't understand. Does AutobouquetsMaker update the channel numbers or not? As far as I know, it does NOT update the channel numbers which would explain why after changing the following settings and doing a scan that it's still showing BBC2 SD instead of the HD channel:

Sky UK (SD): Yes
Sky UK: Swap channels: Yes

Andy_Hazza
21-05-15, 19:40
Where are you looking? In the All Channels Bouquet? This is where the swap will be made.

SkyFan
21-05-15, 19:51
It's showing BBC2 HD under All Channels. So why is it still showing the SD channel under the "Entertainment" custom bouquet? Do I need to restart my box for it to work?

abu baniaz
21-05-15, 19:56
The version of ABM you are using only swaps in the main bouquet. Latest one swaps everywhere.

Andy_Hazza
21-05-15, 19:58
Thats how it was with the Apollo build. If you updated to latest ViX (Hades 010) the swap is enabled throughout all the Bouquets, its a new feature in Hades. Also you mentioned it was a chore to keep up to date? Once you are on the latest build, you can update via the menu (software updates) and that is really simple to use and update, takes a few minutes, no chore at all imo.

SkyFan
21-05-15, 20:05
Thats how it was with the Apollo build. If you updated to latest ViX (Hades 010) the swap is enabled throughout all the Bouquets, its a new feature in Hades. Also you mentioned it was a chore to keep up to date? Once you are on the latest build, you can update via the menu (software updates) and that is really simple to use and update, takes a few minutes, no chore at all imo.

Yes but I would still need to check all the menus for new settings and such wouldn't I?

Does it give a clean install?

Does it only update minor verisons? What about moving from Apollo to Hades. Will it upgrade that or do I need to install manually?

The version of ABM you are using only swaps in the main bouquet. Latest one swaps everywhere.

Let me guess, I have to install the latest image to get that functionality?

Abu, could you please answer this question:

As far as I know, AutobouquetsMaker does NOT update the channel numbers. I used BlackHole and the Autobouquets plugin and was told it did NOT update the channel numbers, only the frequencies so I assume the same is true with AutoBouquetsMaker?

Andy_Hazza
21-05-15, 20:07
Yes ABM mimics sky numbering and updates accordingly. And yes to benefit all the new ABM features you need to update to Hades.

abu baniaz
21-05-15, 20:14
There is no numbering on E2 receivers. The numbers are dynamic and based on the order that the Channels/Bouquets are loaded at startup (or if done later on too).

If you mean to ask "why does pressing 301 not take me to Sky premiere?" etc, it is probably becasue of the order in which you have your providers set in ABM. You mentioned Freesat, I'm guessing that is the first one in your list of providers, so the numbering is based on Freesat. In the ABM menu, there is a providers order menu. Set that to have Sky first.

SkyFan
21-05-15, 20:19
No what I mean is that Sky themselves change the channel numbers sometimes. I was told that Autobouquets does NOT update the channel number so it will show the wrong channel if Sky change the channel numbers. And that I would have to enter the new channel number manually in Autobouquets. Is that no longer the case and AutobouquetsMaker automatically updates the channel numbers?

Andy_Hazza
21-05-15, 20:26
No what I mean is that Sky themselves change the channel numbers sometimes. I was told that Autobouquets does NOT update the channel number so it will show the wrong channel if Sky change the channel numbers. And that I would have to enter the new channel number manually in Autobouquets. Is that no longer the case and AutobouquetsMaker automatically updates the channel numbers?

Yes ABM does update accordingly when sky moves channels/numbering, thus ABM mimicking the sky numbering. I would personally update to Hades and I would get rid of freesat and just have Sky. Sky SD is no more on Hades, all you need to do is use the RegionCustom option, so in your instance you would choose CustomLondon when setting up ABM.

abu baniaz
21-05-15, 20:30
It has alraedy been mentioned to you that ABM makes the channels/bouquets as per the offfical channel list. So if the position of a channel changes, abm will also adapt it. It uses the same data as what the official receiver uses.

What complicates the matter is that you are using customLCN. This moves things out of position and breaks the process for the ones you have changed

Whoever told you that ABM (or AB 28.2) does not take into account the changes to numbers is mistaken. If that was the case, they would not pick up new channels either. They have always taken into account the changes.

SkyFan
22-05-15, 16:23
I've installed Hades 010. Autobouquets is now showing BBC2 HD. However now it's showing BBC Four HD instead of Sky Sports F1 HD even though on the official Sky box the channel is 407 and I entered that number in AutobouquetsMaker. Any suggestions?

abu baniaz
22-05-15, 16:35
Are you using a custom lcn file?

SkyFan
22-05-15, 16:41
Yes the file is called: hd_sat_282_sky_uk_CustomLCN.xml
Here is the contents:

<custom>
<include>yes</include>
<lcnlist>
<configuration lcn="101" channelnumber="141" description="BBC One HD"></configuration>
<configuration lcn="102" channelnumber="102" description="BBC Two HD"></configuration>
<configuration lcn="103" channelnumber="178" description="ITV HD"></configuration>
<configuration lcn="104" channelnumber="227" description="Channel 4 HD"></configuration>
<configuration lcn="105" channelnumber="145" description="Challenge"></configuration>
<configuration lcn="106" channelnumber="402" description="Sky Sports 1 HD"></configuration>
<configuration lcn="107" channelnumber="403" description="Sky Sports 2 HD"></configuration>
<configuration lcn="108" channelnumber="404" description="Sky Sports 3 HD"></configuration>
<configuration lcn="109" channelnumber="405" description="Sky Sports 4 HD"></configuration>
<configuration lcn="110" channelnumber="406" description="Sky Sports 5 HD"></configuration>
<configuration lcn="111" channelnumber="210" description="BBC Three HD"></configuration>
<configuration lcn="112" channelnumber="410" description="Eurosport HD"></configuration>
<configuration lcn="113" channelnumber="411" description="Eurosport 2 HD"></configuration>
<configuration lcn="114" channelnumber="120" description="ITV4 HD"></configuration>
<configuration lcn="115" channelnumber="447" description="MOTORS TV UK"></configuration>
<configuration lcn="116" channelnumber="407" description="Sky Spts F1 HD"></configuration>
<configuration lcn="117" channelnumber="426" description="BT Sport 1 HD"></configuration>
<configuration lcn="118" channelnumber="427" description="BT Sport 2 HD"></configuration>
<configuration lcn="119" channelnumber="433" description="ESPN HD"></configuration>
<configuration lcn="120" channelnumber="268" description="ITV4"></configuration>
<configuration lcn="121" channelnumber="980" description="BBC RB 1"></configuration>
<configuration lcn="122" channelnumber="451" description="Sky Sports F1"></configuration>
<configuration lcn="123" channelnumber="505" description="CNBC"></configuration>
<configuration lcn="124" channelnumber="164" description="Challenge+1"></configuration>
<configuration lcn="125" channelnumber="118" description="ITV2 HD"></configuration>
<configuration lcn="126" channelnumber="136" description="E4 HD"></configuration>
<configuration lcn="127" channelnumber="171" description="Channel 5 HD"></configuration>
<configuration lcn="129" channelnumber="432" description="Racing UK"></configuration>
<configuration lcn="131" channelnumber="232" description="AIT Int'l"></configuration>
<configuration lcn="132" channelnumber="237" description="FilmOn.TV"></configuration>
<configuration lcn="134" channelnumber="266" description="BnanzaBnanza"></configuration>
</lcnlist>
</custom>

Andy_Hazza
22-05-15, 17:01
Did you not setup ABM using "CustomRegion" and enabled swap like I asked yesterday?

SkyFan
22-05-15, 17:29
Here are all the available options and the settings I used for "Providers":

Freesat (UK): No
Freeview (UK): No
Sky ROI: No
Sky UK: FTA only: No
Sky UK: Generate main bouquet: Yes
Sky UK: Generate sections bouquets: Yes
Sky UK: Generate HD bouquet: Yes
Sky UK: Generate FTA bouquet: Yes
Sky UK: Generate FTA HD bouquet: Yes
Sky UK: Rescan every time: Yes

abu baniaz
22-05-15, 18:01
What effect do you think the custom lcn is having on your list? What do you expect to happen if you move a channel?

Also, don't use London HD, or London SD, use London Custom as your area/location.

SkyFan
22-05-15, 18:19
What effect do you think the custom lcn is having on your list? What do you expect to happen if you move a channel?

Also, don't use London HD, or London SD, use London Custom as your area/location.

What are you trying to say? I made my custom list as instructed. It's the exact same file from Apollo where it worked fine for several months. When you move a channel in the file it obviously moves it in Hades as well.

I changed to London Custom and now my channels are all messed up: https://docs.google.com/document/d/18thA8SvN5f4hahSWX0dDTPFUYZDbyTgqrWO8vlXx-LE/edit
My custom list is ignored.

Andy_Hazza
22-05-15, 18:19
Here are all the available options and the settings I used for "Providers":

Sky UK: FTA only: No
Sky UK: Generate main bouquet: Yes
Sky UK: Generate sections bouquets: Yes
Sky UK: Generate HD bouquet: Yes
Sky UK: Generate FTA bouquet: Yes
Sky UK: Generate FTA HD bouquet: Yes
Sky UK: Rescan every time: Yes

Please do as I advised yesterday. Select Sky UK, then for Area select "CustomLondon", I prefer main Bouquet as NO, HD bouquet set to NO, FTA bouquet set to NO, FTA bouquet set to NO, swap set to YES, rescan every time set to YES and rescan ABM. Forget your customLCN file.

Andy_Hazza
22-05-15, 18:21
But feel free to have main bouquets n fta bouquets if you prefer, I prefer not to, just my preference.

SkyFan
22-05-15, 18:31
When the channels were all appearing correctly apart from Sky SportsF1HD I set some recordings which are recording just now. If the channels get messed up will those programmes still record correctly? If not, I'll have to wait until tomorrow before I try your settings. Also what do you mean "Forget your customLCN file"?

I need the custom file as I want the channels to appear in the order I want.

abu baniaz
22-05-15, 18:32
You have moved 407. It will no longer be in 407, it will be in slot 116. Same applies to all the channels in the custom lcn. If you want to copy the channels to a different position, then you will have to use a different process.

Recordings are based oin service references IIRC. Does not matter which bouquet/position they are in.

Andy_Hazza
22-05-15, 18:34
In your custom file you have ITV HD2, CH5 HD, they are not even viewable on sky so dunno why you have done that? Same with your Sky Sports HD ones. Its a mess if you ask me.

SkyFan
22-05-15, 18:49
You have moved 407. It will no longer be in 407, it will be in slot 116. Same applies to all the channels in the custom lcn. If you want to copy the channels to a different position, then you will have to use a different process.

Recordings are based oin service references IIRC. Does not matter which bouquet/position they are in.

What are you talking about? The CustomLCN instructions are the same as they were with the Apollo image. I followed the README instructions. All channels are appearing where I want them to apart from SkySportsF1HD even though I entered the correct channel number for it. What different process are you referring to?

In your custom file you have ITV HD2, CH5 HD, they are not even viewable on sky so dunno why you have done that? Same with your Sky Sports HD ones. Its a mess if you ask me.

Because I don't want to have to look at 2 EPGs (VU+ and official Sky box) which takes twice as long. When I find a Sky programme I want to watch I set the recording via the Sky website which sends it to my Sky box.

abu baniaz
22-05-15, 19:23
Have a read of the latest file here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?45828-CustomLCN-CustomMix-Favourites-List-Simple-favourites-list

Try this xml file. I have edited the favourites section for you based on your lcn file. Those chanenls will be in the "my favourites" bouquet. Do not create the main bouquet.

Eddt@19:35 different attachment

SkyFan
23-05-15, 12:33
OK I've done that however my channels are not all there or in the order I want. This is the contents of my old "hd_sat_282_sky_uk_CustomLCN.xml" file. Could you please put these channels in that file you gave me. In particular can you please make sure that SkySportsF1 appears in the correct place because for some reason only BBC Four would show instead of SkySportsF1HD.

<custom>
<include>yes</include>
<lcnlist>
</lcnlist>
</custom>

Huevos
23-05-15, 12:54
If you use CustomLCN, you create a static list. If you want your bouquet list to update automatically and reflect the official numbering, delete that CustomLCN file.

SkyFan
23-05-15, 13:08
If you use CustomLCN, you create a static list. If you want your bouquet list to update automatically and reflect the official numbering, delete that CustomLCN file.

I don't know what you're talking about. When I press the EPG button I only want specific channels to appear at the top and in the order I want.

So I want BBC One HD to appear at the top I would enter this in the CustomLCN file:

The second number mentioned is the official Sky channel number and the first number mentioned is the position I want the channel to appear on. 101 tells it to appear at the top.

I have done that for the past year in the previous image (Apollo). I read the README file for AutobouquetsMaker in Hades and the instructions are exactly the same.

So what exactly are you telling me to do?

Huevos
23-05-15, 15:35
So what exactly are you telling me to do?Delete the CustomLCN file. Load latest Hades image. Select "London Custom" and HD swap, and do a scan. Once you've created that list we can look at any other minor changes you might want.

SkyFan
23-05-15, 15:40
OK thanks. I've done that. These are the channels I'd like to appear at the top and they're in the order I want:

Huevos
23-05-15, 15:44
These are the channels I'd like to appear at the top and they're in the order I wantWhy? Half of those channels can't even be viewed on an E2 receiver with the current generation of softcams.

SkyFan
23-05-15, 15:52
Because I don't want to look through 2 EPGs (1 for Duo2 and 1 for Official Sky box). This way I only view 1 EPG and I can set freesat programmes to record via the box. I set Sky programmes to record via the Sky website.

sigpark
23-05-15, 15:56
Delete the CustomLCN file. Load latest Hades image. Select "London Custom" and HD swap, and do a scan. Once you've created that list we can look at any other minor changes you might want.

@Huevos is absolutely correct. Reading the thread you are currently on ViX Apollo 113. On a later version of Apollo and in Hades, ABM was amended to allow "HD Swap" in custom mode. Like you I used to "manually" manage the LCN file, but this is a little bit of work, and as noted in the replies it is not dynamic.

Anyway, if you choose the "custom" option in ABM for the "main bouquet after selecting your SD region, you won't get a "main" bouquet, so you automatically get the correct channel numbering in the entertainment / movies / news / sports etc. sections

There is one small issue I have noted when I get an image update. The chanel "swap" information that is contained in the following file is overwritten:

usr\lib\enigma2\python\Plugins\SystemPlugins\AutoB ouquetsMaker\providers\sat_282_sky_uk.xml

Personally I edit this file so that Channel 5 HD is not swapped, as Channel 5 is not viewable in HD. I configure ViX backup options to back this amended file up after my single change, however it is not restored after an image update, so at this time I have to manually copy it back so that Channel 5 is SD in the line-up - perhaps the ViX team can look at this backup behaviour OR change the .xml so that Channel 5 is not swapped by default?

Hope this is of help - it is exactly what @Huevos said, but with a little more detail.

SkyFan
23-05-15, 16:00
@Huevos is absolutely correct. Reading the thread you are currently on ViX Apollo 113. On a later version of Apollo and in Hades, ABM was amended to allow "HD Swap" in custom mode. Like you I used to "manually" manage the LCN file, but this is a little bit of work, and as noted in the replies it is not dynamic.

Anyway, if you choose the "custom" option in ABM for the "main bouquet after selecting your SD region, you won't get a "main" bouquet, so you automatically get the correct channel numbering in the entertainment / movies / news / sports etc. sections

There is one small issue I have noted when I get an image update. The chanel "swap" information that is contained in the following file is overwritten:

usr\lib\enigma2\python\Plugins\SystemPlugins\AutoB ouquetsMaker\providers\sat_282_sky_uk.xml

Personally I edit this file so that Channel 5 HD is not swapped, as Channel 5 is not viewable in HD. I configure ViX backup options to back this amended file up after my single change, however it is not restored after an image update, so at this time I have to manually copy it back so that Channel 5 is SD in the line-up - perhaps the ViX team can look at this backup behaviour OR change the .xml so that Channel 5 is not swapped by default?

Hope this is of help - it is exactly what @Huevos said, but with a little more detail.

I'm using Hades. None of what you said explains how to get channels to appear in the order I want.

Andy_Hazza
23-05-15, 16:01
Why? Half of those channels can't even be viewed on an E2 receiver with the current generation of softcams.

Told him this myself yesterday!!

SkyFan
23-05-15, 16:04
Seriously if we weren't supposed to view EPG info for Sky channels then why give us the ability to do so?

sigpark
23-05-15, 16:05
Because I don't want to look through 2 EPGs (1 for Duo2 and 1 for Official Sky box). This way I only view 1 EPG and I can set freesat programmes to record via the box. I set Sky programmes to record via the Sky website.

Have a look at the swap file .xml - I think you can add your config preference to it or you can easily modify the custom LCN file yourself with a text editor?

Could you please put these channels in that file you gave me. In particular can you please make sure that SkySportsF1 appears in the correct place because for some reason only BBC Four would show instead of SkySportsF1HD.

The path is:

usr\lib\enigma2\python\Plugins\SystemPlugins\AutoB ouquetsMaker\custom\ and then the name of the LCN file like your one above "hd_sat_282_sky_uk_CustomLCN.xml"

Perhaps I have missed what you are trying to do, but hope this helps

SkyFan
23-05-15, 16:13
Thanks but that doesn't help. I was already using a CustomLCN file on Apollo but after a year of it working fine, BBC Two HD didn't show, instead I got the SD channel. I'm on Hades now and now all channels show apart from Sky Sports F1 HD or SD. In it's place is BBC Four HD.

Huevos said to delete the CustomLCN file so I'm just waiting on instructions for what to do next to get channels to appear in the order I want.

sigpark
23-05-15, 17:12
Thanks but that doesn't help. I was already using a CustomLCN file on Apollo but after a year of it working fine, BBC Two HD didn't show, instead I got the SD channel. I'm on Hades now and now all channels show apart from Sky Sports F1 HD or SD. In it's place is BBC Four HD.

Huevos said to delete the CustomLCN file so I'm just waiting on instructions for what to do next to get channels to appear in the order I want.

For the hell of it I pasted your list into the HD LCN file, and ran "custom" bouquet per earlier post. Anyway the ABM generation filled the gaps as expected - I only inserted your list (you have a gap at 116, and as expected a channel was inserted there too).

I am running Hades 10, and it seems all channels that you want are in the place you want them, but like @Heuvos and @Andy_Hazza, I don't understand? It seesm to me the LCN "swapping" is working correctly.

Anyway, I hope this helps you

Andy_Hazza
23-05-15, 17:16
Why the hell do you want the premium HD channels showing? What is the point of that, explain why please cos I'm baffled?!?

sigpark
23-05-15, 17:20
but like @Heuvos and @Andy_Hazza, I don't understand? It seesm to me the LCN "swapping" is working correctly.

so am I :confused:

abu baniaz
23-05-15, 17:33
Did you try the file I uploaded?

abu baniaz
23-05-15, 17:36
EPG for simulcast services is the same for SD and HD services. You don't need the unavailable HD services on your E2 receiver. Information will be valid for your Sky HD receiver.

SkyFan
23-05-15, 17:57
For the hell of it I pasted your list into the HD LCN file, and ran "custom" bouquet per earlier post. Anyway the ABM generation filled the gaps as expected - I only inserted your list (you have a gap at 116, and as expected a channel was inserted there too).

I am running Hades 10, and it seems all channels that you want are in the place you want them, but like @Heuvos and @Andy_Hazza, I don't understand? It seesm to me the LCN "swapping" is working correctly.

Anyway, I hope this helps you

No it's NOT working correctly. As you can see in your second screenshot, BBC Four is showing instead of Sky Sports F1 HD.

I've even tried the SD version of Sky Sports but it still won't appear.

SkyFan
23-05-15, 17:59
Did you try the file I uploaded?

Yes and it worked but how do I get the channels that I want, to appear?

abu baniaz
23-05-15, 18:05
If it worked, they should be there in "my favourites" bouquet exactly as you wanted. I hope you selected the correct provider.

abu baniaz
23-05-15, 18:07
@sigpark, swap only occurs if HD channel exists in the target position. So, you don't need to edit it the file.

SkyFan
23-05-15, 18:21
If it worked, they should be there in "my favourites" bouquet exactly as you wanted. I hope you selected the correct provider.

You gave me a file called "sat_282_mysky.xml". Do I upload that file as it is or do I rename it to the following?: hd_sat_282_sky_uk_CustomLCN.xml

I deleted the existing hd_sat_282_sky_uk_CustomLCN.xml file and I uploaded your file as it is and did a scan. I pressed the Blue button for "Favourites". I can see "Entertainment" at the top and other categories below that. 2nd bottom is "Favourites (TV)" which is empty. Where is this "My Favourites" bouquet supposed to be?

I selected Entertainment but only a few of the channels I wanted are there.

abu baniaz
23-05-15, 19:02
It is a provider file, place it in the provider folder. Do not edit it for now. Once you upload it, you will have an extra provider in ABM. There is no need for custom LCN modification at this stage.

SkyFan
23-05-15, 19:03
Where is the provider folder?

SkyFan
23-05-15, 19:10
Placed the file inside this folder: /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/providers
Do I delete any files that were already inside that folder?

What do I do now?

abu baniaz
23-05-15, 20:11
No need to delete. In ABM, select skyfan as the provider. Do not enable any others. Run ABM.

SkyFan
23-05-15, 20:42
OK. I've changed to the following in Providers:

Sky UK: No
Skyfan: Yes
Skyfan Area: London HD
Skyfan FTA only: No
Skyfan Generate main bouquet: Yes (also tried as No)
Skyfan Generate sections bouquets: Yes
Skyfan Generate HD bouquet: Yes
Skyfan Generate FTA bouquet: Yes
Skyfan Generate FTA HD bouquet: Yes
Skyfan Swap channels: Yes
Skyfan Rescan every time: Yes

Should Generate Main Bouquet be No or Yes? Either way when I press the EPG button, nothing appears. Tried them both, did a scan.

When watching a channel and I press the down button to bring up the channel list, all my channels appear correctly apart from Sky Sports F1 HD which has BBC Four HD in it's place.

Please advise what I should do now?

Andy_Hazza
23-05-15, 21:12
Why do you insist on using LondonHD? Tell me your reasoning behind this. For the last time you CANNOT view sky premium hd channels so use the "CustomLondon" as been advised over n over.

SkyFan
23-05-15, 21:20
Sorry it's hard to keep track of different person's suggestions. I've changed to CustomLondon. Didn't make a difference to anything. Still have BBC Four HD showing instead of Sky Sports F1 HD. What difference does it make if I select CustomLondon instead of London HD?

Andy_Hazza
23-05-15, 21:23
Gets rid of all the sky premium hd channels that are not viewable. Why do you want Sky Sports F1 HD as this is a non viewable channel?

SkyFan
23-05-15, 21:28
The SD sky channels aren't viewable either but I'm not getting rid of those so what difference does it make? Didn't I already explain to you that I want the Sky channels so I can view the EPG for them? That way I don't need to view 2 separate EPGs (one on freesat box and 1 on official Sky box).

I could put the Sky Sports F1 SD channel in place of the HD channel but I still can't get the channel to show. BBC Four HD is showing instead.

Huevos
24-05-15, 01:58
I'm baffled now. So you want an E2 receiver so you know what is on the channels that you can't view, so that you can then watch them on a Sky box (which has it's own EPG with exactly the same text). :confused:

SkyFan
24-05-15, 02:17
Why do I need to explain myself? I've already explained it several times. If we weren't supposed to be able to view EPG data for Sky channels on a linux satellite receiver then why are we able to? I'm looking to get my problem fixed not debate why I use my box the way I do.

judge
24-05-15, 02:52
Thread exremly confusing.
You have a Sky SD sub, but want to enable Sky HD EPG on your E2 box?
Why not remove the Sky box & put that SD card in the E2 box?

abu baniaz
24-05-15, 03:22
The reason you need to explain is for people to understand what you want to achieve, so they can help you. Yes, quite agree that user is entitled to use the receiver as they like.

I can sense the frustration. It would be better for you to set your stall out for what you want to achieve.

So far I have the following:
1.You only record the FTA channels on your E2 receiver
2.You still use it to check EPG and see what is on the official receiver with the card
3.You want the channels in a specific order.
In this regard I provided you with a file to achieve this. I'm pretty sure I used the Official numbers you provided and the output is as in the screenshots.

With the exception of BBC2 (line 166 needs changing) this should be fine. If the list is not fine, please provide the names of channels in the order you want. Do not mention numbers, I will obtain those myself. I can't understand why you would want BB3 in teh middle of teh sports channels. Whether I agree or not is irrelevant. But it must be clear about the order in which you want them.

There are other things you mentioned which confuse the issue:
4. Pressing EPG button.
Activating EPG opens EPG in the bouquet that the channel was selected from. If you have a chanenl in several bouquets, this could confusion. However, it is easy enough to change bouquets and check EPG for other channels.

5. You mentioned numbers.
As said before Enigma 2 receivers do not have numbering for channels. The numbers are made up as per the order in which they are in the bouquets that are loaded.

I tried to make the order of channels in the my favourites bouquets so that you can still use the remote to select the chanenl you want based on official Sky numbering. I used "simple favourites" process. If you select a channel by pressing numbers on remote, please bear in mind what I said about the EPG/bouquets.

As you have read the readme file which I linked to, you should be aware that there is another method which we can use to do what you want. However, we need to understand/ensure that we are doing things you want.

Let us get the channels in your bouquet as you want and we shall look at the other issues if you need to address them.

If I misunderstood what you want, please respond back so that any misunderstandings are cleared up. I appreciate it can be frustrating, but getting angry won't help.

sigpark
24-05-15, 12:15
@sigpark, swap only occurs if HD channel exists in the target position. So, you don't need to edit it the file.

Hi @abu baniaz - thanks, and to @Huevos and @Andy_Hazza - it seems to me you folks put in a lot of time to help folks like us. Pretty damn decent of you all IMHO.

Re the info you provided above - I will monitor, but the behaviour I am seeing with the custom main bouquet (I use Northern Ireland SD) and swap HD selected, is that if I do not remove the Channel 5 HD line in the swap section of the aforementioned .xml file, then Channel 5 HD appears in my lineup at 105, and it is not viewable (it does not clear) - see attached image

Also, I have marked the sat_282_sky_uk.xml to be backed up in the ViX backup file selection, BUT on an image update, it appears to be overwritten, UNLESS ABM pulls this file down when it runs?

Thanks

Andy_Hazza
24-05-15, 12:17
Channel 5 HD is a sky premium channel so will not clear unfortunately.

abu baniaz
24-05-15, 12:18
I refrerred to "swap", not "simple favourites" or "favourites".
The file I uploaded for skyfan employs "simple favourites"

If you use "location-custom" as your location, instead of "location-hd",or "location-sd", the unavailable HD chanenls are omitted. As such, swap does not take place.

Rob van der Does
24-05-15, 12:28
Also, I have marked the sat_282_sky_uk.xml to be backed up in the ViX backup file selection, BUT on an image update, it appears to be overwritten,
As will always be the case with systemfiles. Nothing to be done about that, except that backing up & restoring systemfiles is never a good idea.

sigpark
24-05-15, 12:31
I refrerred to "swap", not "simple favourites" or "favourites".
The file I uploaded for skyfan employs "simple favourites"

If you use "location-custom" as your location, instead of "location-hd",or "location-sd", the unavailable HD chanenls are omitted. As such, swap does not take place.

Channel 5 HD is a sky premium channel so will not clear unfortunately.

Thanks for the replies - boy you guys are fast - I understand, but if it does not clear why is Channel 5 HD in the swap section - other "Premium HD Channels" that don't clear are not!? Also, please look back at my post - I edited and added a note about the backup of same file, which appears to be over-written, when I think if it is marked for back-up the restore process should bring the original back?

As always Many Thanks

Addendum - I see @Rob van der Does crossed over my back-up question - Thanks @Rob - still my question re swap though?

abu baniaz
24-05-15, 12:37
It is there to cater for people who want to use the official line up. People who don't want the unavailable HD channesl will choose the location-custom. Does it matter if the line is there or not if swap does not take place? Best you start your own thread. Please include your debug log and any personalised files.

sigpark
24-05-15, 13:11
It is there to cater for people who want to use the official line up. People who don't want the unavailable HD channesl will choose the location-custom. Does it matter if the line is there or not if swap does not take place? Best you start your own thread. Please include your debug log and any personalised files.

Hi @abu baniaz. Thanks as always, happy to start a new thred if you like - and maybe I should have already Sorry! Actually the question is really straight forward: the "swap section is as follows"

<swapchannels>
<channel number="101" with="141" /><!-- BBC One HD -->
<channel number="102" with="142" /><!-- BBC Two HD -->
<channel number="103" with="178" /><!-- ITV HD -->
<channel number="104" with="227" /><!-- Channel 4 HD -->
<channel number="105" with="171" /><!-- Channel 5 HD -->
<channel number="115" with="210" /><!-- BBC Three HD -->
<channel number="116" with="211" /><!-- BBC Four HD -->
<channel number="123" with="269" /><!-- ITV Encore HD -->
<channel number="162" with="224" /><!-- RTE2 HD -->
<channel number="413" with="426" /><!-- BT Sport 1 HD -->
<channel number="414" with="427" /><!-- BT Sport 2 HD -->
<channel number="417" with="433" /><!-- ESPN HD -->
<channel number="437" with="490" /><!-- BoxNation HD -->
<channel number="501" with="516" /><!-- Sky News HD -->
<channel number="512" with="518" /><!-- RT HD -->
<channel number="503" with="570" /><!-- BBC News HD -->
<channel number="613" with="633" /><!-- CBBC HD -->
<channel number="614" with="624" /><!-- CBeebies HD -->
</swapchannels>

With the exception of 105/171 pretty much all can clear, so I am wondering why 105/171 is in the "swap" lineup - I think this was some work done originally by Zoom Zoom Luke.

In the old days this used to just do the main four UK channels, and was not available under the ABM Main Bouquet "custom" option, but this changed recently. Now with "swap HD" checked, swaps are done for all HD channel versions that clear and incl BBC 3 HD and BBC 4 HD as well as other HD channels that still clear (noted above). The intent as I understood the "Swap HD" capability was to bring in HD channels that "clear" to the SD line-up.

I am attaching a screenshot of my ABM config. I use an SD line-up with ABM Main Bouquet set to "custom", which gives me the 101 BBC1 / 102 BBC2 etc. in the various sections like Entertainment, News etc.

I must look into the ABM area:location-custom as you suggest. I used to use the LCN method - you showed me how a little while back on a different post, but as noted this method is "static".

I hope this helps - I have no particular "special" settings that will show in the debug log. Thanks as always

SkyFan
24-05-15, 13:29
The reason you need to explain is for people to understand what you want to achieve, so they can help you. Yes, quite agree that user is entitled to use the receiver as they like.

I can sense the frustration. It would be better for you to set your stall out for what you want to achieve.

So far I have the following:
1.You only record the FTA channels on your E2 receiver
2.You still use it to check EPG and see what is on the official receiver with the card
3.You want the channels in a specific order.
In this regard I provided you with a file to achieve this. I'm pretty sure I used the Official numbers you provided and the output is as in the screenshots.

With the exception of BBC2 (line 166 needs changing) this should be fine. If the list is not fine, please provide the names of channels in the order you want. Do not mention numbers, I will obtain those myself. I can't understand why you would want BB3 in teh middle of teh sports channels. Whether I agree or not is irrelevant. But it must be clear about the order in which you want them.

There are other things you mentioned which confuse the issue:
4. Pressing EPG button.
Activating EPG opens EPG in the bouquet that the channel was selected from. If you have a chanenl in several bouquets, this could confusion. However, it is easy enough to change bouquets and check EPG for other channels.

5. You mentioned numbers.
As said before Enigma 2 receivers do not have numbering for channels. The numbers are made up as per the order in which they are in the bouquets that are loaded.

I tried to make the order of channels in the my favourites bouquets so that you can still use the remote to select the chanenl you want based on official Sky numbering. I used "simple favourites" process. If you select a channel by pressing numbers on remote, please bear in mind what I said about the EPG/bouquets.

As you have read the readme file which I linked to, you should be aware that there is another method which we can use to do what you want. However, we need to understand/ensure that we are doing things you want.

Let us get the channels in your bouquet as you want and we shall look at the other issues if you need to address them.

If I misunderstood what you want, please respond back so that any misunderstandings are cleared up. I appreciate it can be frustrating, but getting angry won't help.

Thanks I didn't know what menu the channels were under but I can see now that they are under "My Favourites". However BBC Two SD is showing instead of the HD channel.

Andy_Hazza
24-05-15, 13:30
Sky News HD doesn't clear, thus why it has been omitted from ABM custom file.

sigpark
24-05-15, 13:38

Well Well, great to learn new stuff. Simple when you know how! I was not aware of this feature.

@Abu Baniaz I read ur post here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?39704-ZoomZoomLuke-s-Custom-28-2-xml-file&p=356149&viewfull=1#post356149 and just like you say, if you select the "location-custom" then ONLY the HD channels that are clearing are swapped in. Thanks m8

SkyFan
11-06-15, 10:46
Abu - Today BT Preview HD is showing instead of BT Sport 2 HD. Why is that when I thought ABM with Providers file is supposed to show the correct channel even if the channel number changes?

Andy_Hazza
11-06-15, 10:51
BT Preview is no more, has been replaced by the BT European Channel

SkyFan
11-06-15, 10:53
I don't want either of those channels, I wanted BT Sport 2 HD.

abu baniaz
11-06-15, 11:01
We place channels based on their official numbers. If the official number changes, you have to adapt.

BT sports 2 HD is now 457 on an SD lineup.

SkyFan
16-06-15, 10:39
Thanks Abu. Been having problems with Vix Hades 010. Not sure if it's related to ABM or not. Basically I turn my box on from standby and I press the EPG button and nothing happens or it goes to BBC1. I press various buttons and nothing happens or it does something different to what the button is supposed to do. Never had this problem with previous images before. Is there a way you can find out what's causing this? Wondering if the providers files is causing this. Restored my backup image and it's giving the same problems.

If I just leave the box for half an hour the problem seems to resolve itself but the problem returns the next day after resuming from standby.

abu baniaz
16-06-15, 15:28
You should upgrade to 012. Delete your EPG data too.

SkyFan
16-06-15, 15:41
Doesn't installing a new image wipe all the EPG data? How do I delete the EPG data?

abu baniaz
16-06-15, 15:46
EPG data is on HDD/USB stick so is not touched. There is an option in the EPG menu to Load/Save/Delete.

Please note: I said update. I did not say install.
Menu > setup> software update

If there are any issues after you perform the online update, start a new thread please.