PDA

View Full Version : [TM-NANO-3T COMBO] All files disappeared from bacup folder and nas after Hades update.

deividuska
21-05-15, 14:34
Hi after reacent Hades update 10 all my files been deleted from my backup folder also i lost all files on my nas video folder mounted in box.Can some one tell me what a hell happened.???

snoopy2013
21-05-15, 14:55
Hi,

perhaps your devices are mounted not correctly after update?

Have you checked the mounts with the build-in mountmanager (blue button - ViX - mountmanager)?

Regards

deividuska
21-05-15, 15:06
Hi,

perhaps your devices are mounted not correctly after update?

Have you checked the mounts with the build-in mountmanager (blue button - ViX - mountmanager)?

Regards

All files been deleted from my nas video folder with one was mounted plus backup files from hard drive in sat box.
All mounts are fine just lost all files!!!!!!!!.

pac2000
21-05-15, 18:39
The Only Thing I Can Suggest Is To Attempt To Undelete The Files... If The NAS Drive(s) Are In A Linux Format, I Would Advise Using A Live CD/USB Distro, And Attempting Recovery That Way...Here's Some Advise From PC Advisor...

'Another drawback with most undelete utilities is that they won’t work with networked storage, i.e. NAS drives. The disk(s) in a NAS drive are under the control of the drive’s own operating system (usually a Linux variant) so software running under Windows isn’t typically able to attempt a recovery. If you’ve accidentally deleted a file it might just be in the NAS drive’s own recycle bin (if enabled) in which case you might be able to recover it, so first check the documentation. If the file is properly deleted, though, there are only two options.

So long as you don’t mind getting to grips with the insides of the NAS drive and your PC, it might be possible to remove the disk(s) from the NAS and attach them directly to your PC. Now it becomes possible to use a Windows undelete utility but with two provisos.

First, your NAS drive might use a different file system from the drive in your PC so you’ll have to check the NAS drive’s documentation to select suitable software. Second, if your NAS drive uses a RAID array, your file might be distributed between more than one physical disk.

Some recovery software is able to handle RAID arrays but, again, you need to bear this in mind in making your selection. If you don’t fancy dismantling your NAS drive and selecting suitable software, the other option is to send your array off to a professional data recovery company.'

deividuska
21-05-15, 21:06
The Only Thing I Can Suggest Is To Attempt To Undelete The Files... If The NAS Drive(s) Are In A Linux Format, I Would Advise Using A Live CD/USB Distro, And Attempting Recovery That Way...Here's Some Advise From PC Advisor...

'Another drawback with most undelete utilities is that they won’t work with networked storage, i.e. NAS drives. The disk(s) in a NAS drive are under the control of the drive’s own operating system (usually a Linux variant) so software running under Windows isn’t typically able to attempt a recovery. If you’ve accidentally deleted a file it might just be in the NAS drive’s own recycle bin (if enabled) in which case you might be able to recover it, so first check the documentation. If the file is properly deleted, though, there are only two options.

So long as you don’t mind getting to grips with the insides of the NAS drive and your PC, it might be possible to remove the disk(s) from the NAS and attach them directly to your PC. Now it becomes possible to use a Windows undelete utility but with two provisos.

First, your NAS drive might use a different file system from the drive in your PC so you’ll have to check the NAS drive’s documentation to select suitable software. Second, if your NAS drive uses a RAID array, your file might be distributed between more than one physical disk.

Some recovery software is able to handle RAID arrays but, again, you need to bear this in mind in making your selection. If you don’t fancy dismantling your NAS drive and selecting suitable software, the other option is to send your array off to a professional data recovery company.'
I understand all this.Just can some one explain to my how simple update of sat box can wipe my all data???

Andy_Hazza
21-05-15, 21:46
I've updated 100 n 100s of times and never have I lost any data. Updating the image won't have deleted your data, something else must av.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

casuk
21-05-15, 21:47
Something similar here
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?t=45800

birdman
21-05-15, 22:31
Something similar here
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?t=45800And my suspicion for both is that mounts are missing.
Have you checked on the NAS filer itself whether the files are actually there? i.e. checked either on the box or via some client other than the TM nano?

casuk
21-05-15, 22:45
I don't have that problem, i thought it was similar so thought I'd share it in case it helped out

deividuska
22-05-15, 11:36
And my suspicion for both is that mounts are missing.
Have you checked on the NAS filer itself whether the files are actually there? i.e. checked either on the box or via some client other than the TM nano?
Mounts are fine files from Nas been deleted checked everywhere.Like i said before i lost all my backups on HDD inside Sat box picons on usb stick as well.

deividuska
22-05-15, 11:45
I have remote access set up on box to watch TV on phone.Is it possible what i been hacked?

Sicilian
22-05-15, 11:51
I have remote access set up on box to watch TV on phone.Is it possible what i been hacked?

Yes it is possible.

deividuska
22-05-15, 12:10
Yes it is possible.

How can i make remote access 100% secure? or impossible?

simono5
22-05-15, 12:54
How can i make remote access 100% secure? or impossible?
Both very difficult to achieve unless you don't allow access remotely in the first place.

Only suggestion I have is a really strong password and maybe change the default port used.

Alternatively set-up a VPN so you can VPN into your network which will save you opening up the port externally.

deividuska
23-05-15, 10:25
Ok found problem regarding nas mount.If i removing mount in Sat Box for some reason deletes all files in mounted folder.But why i losing all data in my internal Sat Box hard drive :confused:.