PDA

View Full Version : Install internal HDD in Mut@nt HD2400

edwards
20-05-15, 21:41
I have all but decided that this is the box I am going to buy (from WOS) and want a 1TB internal HDD in it. I can get it pre-installed by WOS for £60. I had a look around and I can buy a 2.5" 1TB HDD for about £40-45 so was thinking about just buying one and fitting it myself to save a few quid. Never done it on an STB before but am familiar with fitting one in a PC. Is it just a case of removing the lid and slotting it in or is it fiddly and do you need a SATA cable?

nsw9154
20-05-15, 22:49
It is fairly easy on the Mut@nt as it just slots in to the motherboard unlike most other receivers that use a caddy i had some pictures but i can not find them
their is a mounting plate insert on the motherboard held on by 4 screws that you fasten the Hard Drive to, then the Drive slots in to the connectors on the motherboard, just fasten the hard drive loosely on the mounting plate then line it up to the connectors, once you are sure it is lined up correct tighten down the screws that hold the hard drive to the mounting plate then slot the Hard Drive in then you can fasten down the mounting screws to the motherboard, it sounds complicated but when you see it, it's rather simple
just take your time and every thing should be fine i just wish that i could find them pics :confused: Found Them

42723 42724 42725 42726 42727

edwards
23-05-15, 12:07
It is fairly easy on the Mut@nt as it just slots in to the motherboard unlike most other receivers that use a caddy i had some pictures but i can not find them
their is a mounting plate insert on the motherboard held on by 4 screws that you fasten the Hard Drive to, then the Drive slots in to the connectors on the motherboard, just fasten the hard drive loosely on the mounting plate then line it up to the connectors, once you are sure it is lined up correct tighten down the screws that hold the hard drive to the mounting plate then slot the Hard Drive in then you can fasten down the mounting screws to the motherboard, it sounds complicated but when you see it, it's rather simple
just take your time and every thing should be fine i just wish that i could find them pics :confused: Found Them

42723 42724 42725 42726 42727

Thanks for that :thumbsup:

Does the HDD need to be formatted as NTFS to work? Cant seem to see that specified on the info on wos.

Not sure what is best practice for the EPG. Should that be stored on separate USB storage or can it be stored on internal HDD that is being used for recording and timeshift too?

Sicilian
23-05-15, 12:09
Does the HDD need to be formatted as NTFS to work? Cant seem to see that specified on the info on wos.

No, you can initialise with the receiver once connected.

ghostivv
17-11-15, 11:50
Ordered the box today. I've got some lying around but sadly 2.5" are only low capacity ones (320GB). So to confirm, the box is compatible only with 2.5". What about RPM and SATAIII? does it matter?

Thanks.