PDA

View Full Version : Sumvision cyclone mini pc

linsladeboy
20-05-15, 16:02
I've been seriously thinking of buying an android device for Kodi/XBMC as my Techno solo se isn't up to it when it comes to non satellite functions and then noticed this baby just now being advertised.
Anyone bought one of these from our sponsor and if so would they recommend it?
Spec seems really good for £120 and also has added bonus of running windows:)

Sicilian
20-05-15, 16:06
I'm using one at home for Kodi and Plex Home Theatre. Imo fantastic. Played everything I've thrown at it. Kodi giving me DTS/DTS HD/True HD passthru, amp reporting PCM. Plex giving me DTS/DD TrueHD audio. Leave mine running constant as it has very low power usage.

linsladeboy
21-05-15, 09:43
Ok, thanks for update Sicilian, me thinks will order one come pay day!
May I ask if you are also using or recommend a VPN to clear programs/add ons?

Trial
21-05-15, 11:16
Hi Sicilian;
did you try BR ISO? Here I am a bit disappointed by my FireTV as it does not play them over the network very well.

ciao

Sicilian
21-05-15, 11:30
Hi Sicilian;
did you try BR ISO? Here I am a bit disappointed by my FireTV as it does not play them over the network very well.

ciao

Not tired BR ISO, I've played blu rip are AVCHD, played perfect.

DaMacFunkin
21-05-15, 12:57
To be fair BR mkv rips are usually about a third of the bandwidth as a full BR ISO, especially if it is 3d as well

Sicilian
21-05-15, 14:49
To be fair BR mkv rips are usually about a third of the bandwidth as a full BR ISO, especially if it is 3d as well

Who mentioned Blu Ray MKV? :confused: Blu Ray AVCHD I've tested have full DTS/DTS-HD/DD True HD Audio tracks, minimum of 30GB in size.

cwebb66
21-05-15, 21:47
I been using the m8 for a bit now and that seems to do the trick

Darren
22-05-15, 23:56
can this box run windows programs?
I've got a subscription to a VPN provider and have it running on my laptop with no problems.
Can i add the service to this Box?
I've tried putting vpn info on my router but unable to get it working. (Not bright enough :confused:)
If it can i'll certainly be buying one.
Thanks.

Sicilian
23-05-15, 05:32
can this box run windows programs?
I've got a subscription to a VPN provider and have it running on my laptop with no problems.
Can i add the service to this Box?
I've tried putting vpn info on my router but unable to get it working. (Not bright enough :confused:)
If it can i'll certainly be buying one.
Thanks.

It's runs official windows 8.1, so yes can run windows programs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fredrikwe
23-05-15, 12:45
Where can I find documentation for the BIOS?