PDA

View Full Version : Tuner problems

goonerman1961
19-05-15, 18:56
Hi all,
I seem to have a tuner issue, the signal being received on the sat finder has gone from A = around 90% & B = around 90% to only A = 80% & B =0%, now got no Sky channels, My dish has not changed, I still get Freesat elsewhere in my house, I have tried to re-install & search with no improvement, any ideas out there? getting an error message "tune failed"

cactikid
19-05-15, 19:00
remove sat cable f connector and refit on both cables and then retry,if you moved box it might have lost its connection.

goonerman1961
19-05-15, 22:36
I have tried that a number of times, last night I had a strong signal on Tuner B and a low signal on tuner A, now its the other way round. Not sure what to do next, are these tuners a bit sensitive?
Only had a loss of signal on Sky box in extreme weather.

cactikid
19-05-15, 22:39
any other box you can try on those feeds or try box in a different place?

goonerman1961
20-05-15, 07:03
Just re-connected my old Sly box & it works perfectly with a good strength on both feeds, I think a call to W-O-S is on the cards. Everything worked ok for 5 days.

cactikid
20-05-15, 07:34
and you rechecked both tuners are set to 28.2.

Sicilian
20-05-15, 08:44
I'd suggest you re-flash and setup fresh. Then run manual, single satellite scans on each tuner.

Disconnect any other receiver connected to your LNB.
Ensure each tuner has direct feed to each input.

Menu > Setup > Service Searching > Manual Scan > Choose tuner for each scan at top and set 'Type of Scan' to 'Single Satellite'.

Do on both A & B. If B does not find any channels, swap feed from A, connect to B and scan again.

goonerman1961
22-05-15, 07:54
Sicillian,
I have flashed the latest hades 010, done a manual scan as suggested, tuner A finds around 200 channels & tuner B finds over 900, however when i open a channel in my autobouqet channel list (sky only) many channels have "tune failed". I also reset my sky region to atherstone as that was the default that I first set up with, Any idea what setting may be causing this issue?
Do you recommend a factory restore?

abu baniaz
22-05-15, 08:17
Mark the labels so you know which is which. Disable tuner B. Test both cables, one at a time, in tuner A. Do you only get 200 channels using both cables?

After that test, disable tuner A. Test both cables in tuner B. Same or fine?

goonerman1961
22-05-15, 21:44
Heres my latest situation,
Did a manual search on each tuner with setting at single satelitte, 28.2
I connected only 1 cable at a time.
I labelled both cables, when i connected cable 1 to tuner A it found 13 channels
cable 2 on tuner A only 203 channels
cable 1 on tuner B found 952 channels
cable 2 on tuner B found 952 channels
can I assume from this that the cables are ?
Is this result to be expected?
Is the pick up on tuner A weak?
As i said before the signal & pick up was good for about 5 days

abu baniaz
22-05-15, 22:06
Your tests confirm nothing is wrong with cabling/dish.

Out of curiosity, do you have two separate tuner modules, or one module with two inputs? If they are two separate ones, try swapping them on the mother board if you are happy doing so.

goonerman1961
25-05-15, 10:46
I only have 1 tuner module with 2 inputs, After advise from WOS I have removed the module & re-fitted, still no improvement, they are sending me a replacement once they get the faulty one back! thanks for your help