PDA

View Full Version : Need Some Help Tuning Please

JeanReno
19-05-15, 15:58
Started to use my HD2400 (upgraded to Hades) since my Sky service has now come to an end. The Sky card has been transferred to the HD2400.

I have 3 tuners; 2 x DVB-S and 1 x DVB-T2/C (hybrid). 2 feeds from the dish go to the inputs of the DVB-S tuners and my freeview aerial goes into the input of the hybrid tuner.

All I want is to use the Sky channels in the main, with the gaps filled by Freeview - channels such as Dave.

I ran ABM with (what I think) are the correct settings, Dover is my nearest TV mast - it finds the Sky channels fine and they work, but the Freeview ones don't work. It lists them, but I get Tune Failed when trying to use them. Have I missed something?

Bazzer
19-05-15, 16:06
Make sure you use Dover Custom in the Providers I have mine set to East Midlands Custom with Freesat UK set to no, try that mine works good with those settings.

JeanReno
19-05-15, 17:11
Thanks, I don't see a custom option. This is my config . . .

john doe
19-05-15, 17:31
Thanks, I don't see a custom option. This is my config . . .

where is say meriden south keeping going until you get to the custom section

JeanReno
19-05-15, 19:26
I see the 'Custom' setting under the Sky UK Area, but this is more of a Freeview issue, its tuning of Freeview where I seem to have a problem. Dave isn't available on Freesat or Sky (Freesat). My Sky channels look fine.

abu baniaz
19-05-15, 20:02
Can you perform a manual scan, I.e do not use ABM. Set your location as Europe in tuner configuration. Does Dave work then?

Are other TVs in the house able to receive Dave?

Can you enter your postcode on this website and verify your nearest mast.

http://www.ukfree.tv/extras/settings

JeanReno
19-05-15, 21:07
I'll give it a go, thanks.

Good site, Dover is definitely my nearest mast.

JeanReno
20-05-15, 09:32
Can you perform a manual scan, I.e do not use ABM. Set your location as Europe in tuner configuration. Does Dave work then?

Are other TVs in the house able to receive Dave?

Can you enter your postcode on this website and verify your nearest mast.

http://www.ukfree.tv/extras/settings

I'd tested the aerial beforehand using the TV's inbuilt tuner and it picked up all channels with no issues.

Just ran a manual scan with these settings and it's worked. Dave & Dave ja vu working.

So, will I need to edit the bouquet myself to get the best of both worlds?

Is there a way to combine the channels to make a unique list?

abu baniaz
20-05-15, 19:48
Can you tune to the following Terrestrial channels ( BBC One, Chanenl 4, BBC One HD, Dave, and 4seven HD) and provide screenshots as I have attached. To get the screen, press Menu > Information > Service > Yellow (Multiplex). A guide to obtaining screenshots is included in my signature.

JeanReno
20-05-15, 21:19
It hasn't picked up any HD channels from Freeview for some reason. Here's the screens from the other 3 . . .

abu baniaz
20-05-15, 22:27
1. can you transfer the attached file to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/providers

Run ABM again and check that the chanenls in the Freeview bouquets work.

2. Reason why your scan did not find any T2 services, is that the scan syetem mode is defaulted to T only. Change it to T2, your HD services should be on chanenl 53. Do a manual scan and check that you have HD Terrestrial chanenls.

JeanReno
20-05-15, 22:29
Thanks, I'll give that a go tomorrow evening. Appreciate your help :)

JeanReno
21-05-15, 20:59
Timeout For Tuner Lock :(

abu baniaz
21-05-15, 21:49
Sorry, uploaded wrong file. Please try this one. I have removed the names and replaced with channels that you should be receiviing in your area. Please go through them systematically and see if you have any luck.

If you were able to manually scan the HD channels, please see this thread http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?42301-ABM-Terrestrial-HD-%28UK%29-User-input-required

JeanReno
21-05-15, 22:59
Still the same, Timeout For Tuner Lock. No bouquets are generated.

They generate with the default xml file, but all Freeview channels say Tune Failed. No HD channels are picked up either. A manual scan of CH53 shows Freeview HD channels.

Sky UK channels all seem fine.

If I press Satellites and pick Terrestrial, the channels all work, but ABM isn't doing it's thing.

abu baniaz
21-05-15, 23:07
I'd like to get this sorted.

Please replace xml wth the original one. Set ABM to use Freeview only and reselect Dover. Can you enable debug logs, restart needed to take effect.

Change channels between BBC 1 and BBC 2 (freeview) three times. Then run ABM. It will fail as you say. Please upload teh debug logs afterwards. They will be in /home/root/logs

JeanReno
22-05-15, 06:59
No problem, I'll need to do it this evening, off to work now. Will post back :)

JeanReno
22-05-15, 12:45
Ok, hopefully I've done this right. Needed to do it remotely, so it was a little fiddly. Log should be attached.

JeanReno
22-05-15, 16:43
If I press Satellites and pick Terrestrial, the channels all work, but ABM isn't doing it's thing.

Just checked some more and this isn't actually the case. HD channels work, SD don't.

Here's a screen from BBC1 HD if that helps:

abu baniaz
23-05-15, 00:31
Think there is an issue with the recent Terrestrial modifications. I signed it off too :sofahide:
My LX3 is fine (apparently. Nano 3T combo is iffy on one setting.

Can you try Hades 007? If I'm correct, ABM will work first time for you if you select Dover.

Sorry.

JeanReno
23-05-15, 09:19
No problem, these things happen. Is it likely to be fixed in future releases? Can I resolve it by manually making some edits? Or a different custom XML?

abu baniaz
23-05-15, 10:55
Not related to xml file. A bug report has been raised.

JeanReno
23-05-15, 12:22
Thanks. I'll try release 007 and see how I get on :) Thanks again for all your help.

JeanReno
23-05-15, 18:08
Can you try Hades 007? If I'm correct, ABM will work first time for you if you select Dover.

Installed 007 and have the same issue. I'll live stick with Sky channels for now until we get a proper fix :)

abu baniaz
23-05-15, 18:12
Last try, what about Hades 004? Please also attach debug log.

Thanks for trying.

JeanReno
23-05-15, 18:17
I'll give it a go this evening, the wife is fed up and wants to watch TV :D

JeanReno
24-05-15, 16:58
Still no joy with 004.

Log: 42796

JeanReno
25-05-15, 13:59
I've amended the frequencies in dreamboxEDIT and added the Freeview channels to the bouquet myself. All working great. Should keep the wife happy for now :D

Huevos
25-05-15, 14:53
Have you checked the frequencies you have scanned in manually correspond with the Dover mast? Just because Dover is the closest doesn't mean it is the strongest.

JeanReno
25-05-15, 17:47
Yes, I used the frequencies listed here. All of them check out.

http://www.ukfree.tv/transmitters/tv/Dover

abu baniaz
26-05-15, 12:08
PM sent. Please upload output here if possible.

JeanReno
26-05-15, 13:37
Stage 1. Backup
Backup the following files in this location /etc/enigma2/
lamedb
anything any ending with ".tv"
anything ending in .radio

These are currently working, so keep safe. we will send back later.

Stage 2. Remove existing channel data
Telnet the following command.
init 4 && rm -rf /etc/enigma2/*.tv && rm -rf /etc/enigma2/*.radio && rm -rf /etc/enigma2/*.del && rm -rf /etc/enigma2/lamedb && init 3

Stage 3. Running ABM and saving "wrong" data.
Run ABM for Dover only. (using original files).
Backup the following files in this location /etc/enigma2/
lamedb
anything any ending with ".tv"
anything ending in .radio

This will allow us to compare. Please also re-upload debug log for this stage

Stage 4a. Remove data which is no use to you.
Telnet the following command. (restart command not in here)
init 4 && rm -rf /etc/enigma2/*.tv && rm -rf /etc/enigma2/*.radio && rm -rf /etc/enigma2/*.del && rm -rf /etc/enigma2/lamedb

Stage 4b. Restore your working data.
Restore the files from stage 1
Telnet "init 3" This will restart receiver and you will be back where we started with you having working channels.

Output files and logs attached. There may well be a little more 'log' than necessary since I didn't clear them down first . . . !

abu baniaz
26-05-15, 14:44
Thanks. I'll ask the coders to have a look.
We need working and non working lamedb files to compare.

Huevos
27-05-15, 17:45
So, what is that scan. Is it from ABM or E2?

JeanReno
27-05-15, 22:10
It's using ABM

Huevos
27-05-15, 23:19
Ok, can you post a lamedb from a clean manual scan of terrestrial please.

JeanReno
28-05-15, 09:06
OK. Files cleared down and manual scan(s) run.

First I ran a manual scan on Auto, which only lists 7 channels. The ones from C53 (730.0MHz) :

Then a manual scan of DVB-T to get the rest:

Resulting lamedb file here: 42844

Huevos
28-05-15, 14:55
So your standard E2 scan doesn't receive any HD channels. You need to do a complete T2 scan.

Please try the attached file and scan with ABM again. Goes in
/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/custom

abu baniaz
28-05-15, 17:34
So your standard E2 scan doesn't receive any HD channels. You need to do a complete T2 scan.
This is why we had that big chat about the scan mode.

JeanReno
28-05-15, 19:19

Please try the attached file and scan with ABM again. Goes in
/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/custom

Running ABM with this file results in just SD channels. I assume because the T2 730Mhz transponder isn't listed in the XML.

abu baniaz
28-05-15, 19:33
Yes you are correct, however, it is the TSID which is required for your area for correct T1 scanning. The xml did not contain the T2 channels becasue your lamedb did not have them.

We are stepping in the right direction. Can you do a manual complete scan, selecting T2. Then upload the resulting lamedb file. I have edited this thread to include Huevos's new script and also a picture of scan mode to be used.

JeanReno
28-05-15, 20:11
Ah, OK, so lamedb gets overwritten rather than appended to on subsequent scans? I wasn't aware of this. I'll run tomorrow remotely when the wife is out.

Sorry, I don't see the edit you mention?

abu baniaz
28-05-15, 20:23
Probably because I forgot to paste the link.:sofahide:

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?42301-ABM-Terrestrial-HD-%28UK%29-User-input-required

Huevos
28-05-15, 21:33
By the look of the ABM scan, Dover mast is just a repeater of Bluebell Hill. So the DVB tables ABM is scanning correspond to the frequencies transmitted by Bluebell Hill mast, rather than Dover.

http://www.ukfree.tv/transmitters/tv/Bluebell_Hill

Joe_90
29-05-15, 00:49
PSB1 on Dover is C50, on Bluebell hill is C46. PSB2 on Dover is C51, on Bluebell Hill is C43. Should be obvious from channel service display which transmitter OP is receiving from. Dover is 80kW, Bluebell Hill is 20kW

Huevos
29-05-15, 09:08
@FatTony, we already know he is receiving from Dover. The problem is that Dover is a repeater of Bluebell Hill, so the DVB tables correspond to Bluebell Hill, because that is what it is repeating.

JeanReno
29-05-15, 09:11
Can you do a manual complete scan, selecting T2. Then upload the resulting lamedb file.

T2 manual complete scan run. File attached.

JeanReno
29-05-15, 09:31
Probably because I forgot to paste the link.:sofahide:

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?42301-ABM-Terrestrial-HD-%28UK%29-User-input-required

I've posted the Dover T2 XML :thumbsup:

Joe_90
29-05-15, 10:43
@FatTony, we already know he is receiving from Dover. The problem is that Dover is a repeater of Bluebell Hill, so the DVB tables correspond to Bluebell Hill, because that is what it is repeating.

I think we are a cross purposes or have different interpretations of what a repeater is. Dover is an 80kW transmitter with a number of repeater stations. Bluebell Hill is a separate transmitter (20 kW) with its own group of repeaters. Repeaters normally take the signal from a main station and transpond it on a different frequency to fill-in areas of poor reception. I think you are using the term repeater to cover an instance where the PID/TSID data in the multiplexes is identical to another? In that sense all Saorview transmitters are repeaters according to ABM. I did a bit of a trawl on ukfreetv and found that the PID data (for ITV certainly) is shared across many transmitters in that south east region of England including Heathfield, Hastings, Dover, Bluebell Hill and others (10150). But they all have different UHF channel allocations. Geography is what determines what transmitter you can receive and to a large extent the end-user needs to have his aerial pointed at the correct transmitter (or its relay station) and tune the correct UHF frequency. In an environment where the stream data is not unique the searching algorithm should be frequency first and data content second. TVs and standard STBs don't have PID lists in them and use frequency searching and signal strength/quality to determine which multiplexes to store in the top positions on their channel lists.

In the satellite environment ABM works excellently because there is a single "home" transponder in a unique location in the sky which the dish can see. In the UK, although the principle of a "home" transponder in Freeview still stands, there is the issue of identifying which transmitter it is coming from and that is down to local geography and the end user's knowledge. In Saorview (as you have seen in the other thread) the "home" transponder principle does not hold good at all. I would assume that across Europe the situation would differ from country to country. Nevertheless, you and Peterj have made some great strides with ABM in the terrestrial environment despite the difficulties of transmitter locations and the added complication of DVB-T/T2 in the UK environment. Battle on :thumbsup:

Huevos
29-05-15, 14:09
Tony, call it what you like, repeater, relay, etc, the point I am making is the transmission from that mast is a carbon copy of Bluebell Hill, including the dvb tables.

JeanReno
29-05-15, 14:25
Bluebell Hill

Dover

abu baniaz
29-05-15, 15:54
Can you try with this xml file please? For now, it goes /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/custom/

Would be great if you can also test with no lamedb file in /etc/enigma2/ This ensures a test with no chanenl data on receiver. You must put enigma2 to sleep first with "init 4" command before deleting.

Huevos
29-05-15, 16:01
Bluebell Hill

Dover
42871Yes, frequencies are different but data is identical.

Would be nice if we could download the TSID data somewhere.

JeanReno
29-05-15, 16:30
Can you try with this xml file please? For now, it goes /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/custom/

Would be great if you can also test with no lamedb file in /etc/enigma2/ This ensures a test with no chanenl data on receiver. You must put enigma2 to sleep first with "init 4" command before deleting.

Deleted the lamedb file, uploaded this XML and ran ABM again . . . I get an HD Bouquet :D

abu baniaz
29-05-15, 16:34
Please check a few channels on each "channel/frequency" to ensure all is fine before we commit.

Joe_90
29-05-15, 16:49
Yes, frequencies are different but data is identical.

Would be nice if we could download the TSID data somewhere.

It's exactly the point I'm making! If the end-user does not know exactly what frequency he/she is receiving the best signal from and the receiver can see two or more different transmitters/relays, then there is always a risk that ABM will pick up the weaker signal or a DVB-T instead of DVB-T2 (HD) stream. It's almost entirely down to the level of research an end-user goes to in order to find the best transmitter location and select it in the ABM transponder/mux list.

JeanReno
29-05-15, 16:58
Please check a few channels on each "channel/frequency" to ensure all is fine before we commit.

Just flicked through every channel to be on the safe side . . . all good :thumbsup:

Huevos
29-05-15, 18:53
there is always a risk that ABM will pick up the weaker signal or a DVB-T instead of DVB-T2 (HD) stream.The scan frequency is set in the XML, so how could it come from the wrong one?

Problem here is Dover is transmitting tables from Bluebell Hill.

JeanReno
01-06-15, 09:12
Just want to add my thanks for the help received on this thread, you chaps are legends :thumbsup: