PDA

View Full Version : Picons

J.A.D
17-05-15, 15:31
Hi i have vu+solo2 i have just installed blue hd but could not do it the way it is stated on here the box is 3mths old
from satellite word build number161 version Apollo the EPG width is to small i have increased this once before but i can not
for the life of me remember how also i just tired to install picons but again it seems deterrent to how it states on here when
i get to where it asks do i what to download i get 2 options 1 HGST HTS545050AT OR 2INTERNAL FLASH as you can tell from
the age of the box and the questions i am new to sat boxes any help would be appreciated.

J.A.D

john doe
17-05-15, 15:32
you can install on HDD HGST HTS545050AT . I have done this with my solo2 and had no issues

Andy_Hazza
17-05-15, 15:38
Installing picons on a hdd is not advised. Install to a usb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J.A.D
17-05-15, 15:41
Thanks mate for the reply i will have a go the problem with being new is you think if i click the wrong one it will all go pear shaped.

Thanks again J.A.D

J.A.D
17-05-15, 15:45
Hi Andy thanks i have just read that what is the difference between hd usb and would i have to leave the usb in.

J.A.D

J.A.D
17-05-15, 15:50
Sorry Andy sent to John i have just read that what is the difference between HD and USB and would i have leave the USB in

J.A.D

Andy_Hazza
17-05-15, 15:52
Picons on hdd will constantly spin your hdd and delay in showing picons.

john doe
17-05-15, 15:53
yes you need to leave usb in

bellejt
17-05-15, 16:24
put them in memory. It is large enough (/root/ )

J.A.D
17-05-15, 16:33
Thanks Andy the reason i asked if i had to leave it in was the grand kids would have loved it just one more question
as i said i have just installed blue hd can i change it to an other image without deleting blue hd.

Thanks again J.A.D

Andy_Hazza
17-05-15, 16:49
Put usb in the back and will be fine J.A.D. [emoji106]🏼
Change to another image without deleting blue hd? What you mean? Move away from ViX image you mean or different skin?

DaMacFunkin
17-05-15, 16:57
Installing picons on a hdd is not advised. Install to a usb.

I have picons installed on the hard drive on both my solo2 and my duo2 and have never had any problems or slow downs, if you have time shift active it's fine to have picons on HDD because the drive is constantly spinning.

J.A.D
18-05-15, 10:34
Thanks mate this start when i installed blue hd yesterday and an other issue has come to light
when i press the OK button on the remote the information bar come up and in the right hand corner
is a green circle with a little arrow flashing i am think i have read on this forum that means there
are updates any way it seems that the picons issue is a matter of choice ANY ideas on the green light.

Thanks again J.A.D