PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] Network not working (although it is!)

taoy
17-05-15, 15:09
A number of VIX function complain that the network isn't working - download plugins, for instance.

However, it is. The EPG is downloading ok, and the network settings say that the network is configured correctly.

What could it be? Has a server changed names or something?

Thanks

Andy_Hazza
17-05-15, 15:17
What image are you on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

taoy
17-05-15, 15:25
Apollo, build 024 I think.

john doe
17-05-15, 15:33
try updating to the new image. What Cam you using?

taoy
17-05-15, 15:36
I'm using CCcam.

I'd like to upgrade over the network, but that doesn't appear to work either. Says the network is down.

If I download the image and upgrade using USB is it going to bork my settings, or can I safely upgrade over the top?

Andy_Hazza
17-05-15, 15:37
Thats why then. Servers have moved but most importantly Apollo is no longer supported and has been superseded by Hades (latest build is 009). To benefit having the support and latest drivers and latest available plugins you will need to do a fresh install of Hades with no system backup/restores, install as new.

taoy
17-05-15, 15:39
If I do that will I lose all my auto timers, recordings, plugin configurations and settings? Will I lose my EPG settings?
I can't for the life of me remember how that's all configured.

john doe
17-05-15, 15:39
I'm using CCcam.

I'd like to upgrade over the network, but that doesn't appear to work either. Says the network is down.

If I download the image and upgrade using USB is it going to bork my settings, or can I safely upgrade over the top?

Read Andy's statement. you need to flash to Hades and don't back image, flash from new.

Andy_Hazza
17-05-15, 15:42
If you are familiar with ftp then you can save your Timers and AutoTimers easily. You won't lose your recordings, but yeah you will have to configure everything as new. CrossEPG and ABM are easy to setup from new.

taoy
17-05-15, 15:45
Thanks Andy; I am familiar with FTP. Where do I find out where they are saved? (I've logged into the box a few times, so I'm happy poking around on the file system).

If I can save and restore my timers, I'm happy setting up everything else from afresh. Do I just put the image on a usb and boot it, or do I need to do a hardware reset to defaults first? (Sorry - these seem like obvious questions for which the obvious answer is probably documented somewhere in plain view already!)

Andy_Hazza
17-05-15, 16:08
Timers/AutoTimers can be found in /etc/enigma2/
Yeah just put the latest image on a formatted (fat32) usb stick, insert to front usb port, turn box off then on and press power on the front and thats it till it prompts you to remove.
Latest image can be found here >> http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=Vu%2BSolo2/