PDA

View Full Version : Responsiveness Issue with Solo2

bathingaper
17-05-15, 14:45
Hi guys - I've had this issue for a while now I guess but I've finally found the time to try and troubleshoot this. Basically, occasionally when navigating menus or changing channels, or exiting menus, I'll experience around a 2-3 second delay before it moves on to the next screen. Sometimes I'm presented with the spinning ViX logo too. Even when navigating the EPG or my Channel list, It'll delay and then jump forward two or three channels as I've pressed the channel up/down button while it had paused/lagged.

I've experienced this issue in various firmware versions, dating back to way before Apollo. I'm on the latest Hades version now.
I've just started using a skin so I know it can't be the skin.
I'm using an internal HDD which has 400GB free. I've got 120MB internal memory free too. So i'm not really sure where the problem lies. Is this something I should be experiencing and I'm just being nit picky or should I be getting a slick experience?

Thanks in advance.

edit: oh, i use Picons too.

Andy_Hazza
17-05-15, 14:48
I have a Vu+ Solo2 and no such issues on latest ViX image (Hades 009). What plugins do you have installed?

mann
17-05-15, 14:52
I have had this issue in the past on various boxes and it sounds like your solo2 is a little warm..try turning up fan speed and make box a little cooler see if that helps.

bathingaper
17-05-15, 14:56
I have a Vu+ Solo2 and no such issues on latest ViX image (Hades 009). What plugins do you have installed?

I really don't have any plugins installed at all. I used to have TSMedia ages ago but I don't anymore. I have CCCam running, that's about it.

I edited my original post to include that I use picons too.

bathingaper
17-05-15, 14:57
duplicate post - please delete

Andy_Hazza
17-05-15, 15:01
Did you flash Hades with no backup restores?

bathingaper
17-05-15, 15:22
Did you flash Hades with no backup restores?

Yep - I never restore settings, especially when it's a completely new firmware.

john doe
17-05-15, 15:44
Hi guys - I've had this issue for a while now I guess but I've finally found the time to try and troubleshoot this. Basically, occasionally when navigating menus or changing channels, or exiting menus, I'll experience around a 2-3 second delay before it moves on to the next screen. Sometimes I'm presented with the spinning ViX logo too. Even when navigating the EPG or my Channel list, It'll delay and then jump forward two or three channels as I've pressed the channel up/down button while it had paused/lagged.

I've experienced this issue in various firmware versions, dating back to way before Apollo. I'm on the latest Hades version now.
I've just started using a skin so I know it can't be the skin.
I'm using an internal HDD which has 400GB free. I've got 120MB internal memory free too. So i'm not really sure where the problem lies. Is this something I should be experiencing and I'm just being nit picky or should I be getting a slick experience?

Thanks in advance.

I had similar issue a couple days ago, very slow in certain areas. mine was do setting up a new router, had to back to the older one, although I have to say, after going back to my older router everything runs as better than before. you should be getting a slick experience with the box.

bathingaper
17-05-15, 16:55
I had similar issue a couple days ago, very slow in certain areas. mine was do setting up a new router, had to back to the older one, although I have to say, after going back to my older router everything runs as better than before. you should be getting a slick experience with the box.

Strange! How was the router affecting it?

I've had mine for years and it has been rock solid. A Billion 7800N - brilliant piece of kit.

john doe
17-05-15, 17:59
Strange! How was the router affecting it?

I've had mine for years and it has been rock solid. A Billion 7800N - brilliant piece of kit.

no idea mate. everything was setup correctly. just slow zapping, downloading software etc. once I put the old one back it been great, even better than before.

bathingaper
19-05-15, 15:26
any ideas anyone?

john doe
19-05-15, 17:11
try reflashing to Hades 010, as sometime it fixes the issue

bathingaper
19-05-15, 17:14
I have been through countless reflashes while this problem has persisted. Way before Hades, and way before Apollo too mate.

Sicilian
19-05-15, 17:17

Where are you picons installed? HDD? Flash? USB?

bathingaper
19-05-15, 17:19
Where are you picons installed? HDD? Flash? USB?

Definitely not USB. Most probably not Flash, most likely HDD.

To be honest - my knowledge of Picons isn't too great so is there a quick fire way of checking where they are installed?

Sicilian
19-05-15, 17:21
Definitely not USB. Most probably not Flash, most likely HDD.

To be honest - my knowledge of Picons isn't too great so is there a quick fire way of checking where they are installed?

If on HDD deleted them and remove. Re-install on a USB stick.

If your HDD is asleep when navigatied bouquets/favs etc.. you will get a delay while your HDD spins up.

Other option is to enable permanent timeshift so that your HDD is contant spinning while in use.

bathingaper
20-05-15, 00:19
If on HDD deleted them and remove. Re-install on a USB stick.

If your HDD is asleep when navigatied bouquets/favs etc.. you will get a delay while your HDD spins up.

Other option is to enable permanent timeshift so that your HDD is contant spinning while in use.

Thanks - I've had a look around other posts to try and answer my question however as I'm not too knowledgeable on Picons, are you able to advise me on how I can (1) check where my current Picons are? and (2) reconfigure so that they are placed on the Flash memory?

Thanks in advance.

judge
20-05-15, 00:40
A Solo2 shouldn't be in any way sluggish, if it is, it's down to your configs/plugins/settings.
In a telnet session issue:

find -n / picon
to find all picon folders, only one should be used.

bathingaper
20-05-15, 23:01
Fallen back in love with my Solo2. Removed any picon plugin I had downloaded. Deleted any sign of picons on my HDD. Re-downloaded a picon plugin and set it to store on Flash memory. Everything is running smooth now, no pauses when switching channels and scrolling EPG.

Brilliant!! Thanks

asim
21-05-15, 01:16
"Picon plugin"
Thats your problem.
Instead of plugins which download litrally thousands of picons why not just get a SNP picons pack for for your specific sat (eg 28.2) unzip to either usb or even flash if you have space and be done with it instead of a plugin constantly scanning and updating.

bathingaper
21-05-15, 16:29
"Picon plugin"
Thats your problem.
Instead of plugins which download litrally thousands of picons why not just get a SNP picons pack for for your specific sat (eg 28.2) unzip to either usb or even flash if you have space and be done with it instead of a plugin constantly scanning and updating.

How would I do that? Wha'ts an SNP pack?

Does the plugin do anything in the background which links a picon to a channel? If so - how would an unzipping of a picon pack do that?

abu baniaz
21-05-15, 17:05
You've not said which picon plugin you installed.

However, I'm not aware of a picon plugin that downloads thousands of picons on its own.

Andy_Hazza
21-05-15, 18:54
How would I do that? Wha'ts an SNP pack?

Does the plugin do anything in the background which links a picon to a channel? If so - how would an unzipping of a picon pack do that?

Look on openvix.co.uk and look for the MK 400x200 ones, beautiful they are. Go for the SNP ones as they will be easier to maintain if a name changes as opposed to the conventional referenced ones. And if you have one of Rossi's skins, I.e. YouViX-Blue, Bello or Confluence they really show off the MK picons nicely. [emoji106]🏼

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bathingaper
21-05-15, 23:38
You've not said which picon plugin you installed.

However, I'm not aware of a picon plugin that downloads thousands of picons on its own.

I've just had a look. I downloaded "220x132.transparent-black" picon plugin.

Look on openvix.co.uk and look for the MK 400x200 ones, beautiful they are. Go for the SNP ones as they will be easier to maintain if a name changes as opposed to the conventional referenced ones. And if you have one of Rossi's skins, I.e. YouViX-Blue, Bello or Confluence they really show off the MK picons nicely. [emoji106]��

ok thanks mate I'll try these now. I have the Blue-HD skin

bathingaper
21-05-15, 23:52
Look on openvix.co.uk and look for the MK 400x200 ones, beautiful they are. Go for the SNP ones as they will be easier to maintain if a name changes as opposed to the conventional referenced ones. And if you have one of Rossi's skins, I.e. YouViX-Blue, Bello or Confluence they really show off the MK picons nicely. [emoji106]��

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried these picons but they seem a little blurry? I found the MK 400x200 picons on openvix and extracted them to a Picons folder on my Solo2. Results in pics below:

http://s1.postimg.org/9ppgckj4f/IMG_20150521_234642.jpg
http://s1.postimg.org/jlqjc7owf/IMG_20150521_234658.jpg

bathingaper
23-05-15, 11:35
Any ideas? Or is it just this particular skin that's making them blurry?

bathingaper
23-05-15, 11:58
Just tried the Bello skin - the picons that appear when changing channels look amazing, as they're a lot larger but the ones in now and next are still blurry, probably due to the tiny size of them.