PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] Auto Timers not reliably working.

taoy
17-05-15, 14:29
Some of my auto timers aren't working, and I don't know why. Not all of them; most work, but every now an then a timer doesn't record the programme.

On my old Tivo I used to be able to look at a season pass, and see all the up coming programmes that matched it, so I could confirm which one was going to be recorded, and whether there was a conflict or not.

On VIX I don't seem to get any information about conflicts, and I can't see what shows in the EPG will be recorded due to an auto-timer.

Is this missing, or am I looking in the wrong place?

It's possible that my shows aren't recording because of a scheduling conflict, but I don't know. At face value it just appears that they are not working :(.

Can someone please point me in the right direction to resolve this?

Thanks.

Andy_Hazza
17-05-15, 14:40
A press and hold of the green button gives you an AutoTimer overview.

taoy
17-05-15, 15:03
Ok, I see that. There are some timers, probably created from my auto timers.

The auto timer help says there is a preview option in the menu to do a EPG search based on an auto timer, but in my build the preview option isn't there. Has it been removed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bellejt
17-05-15, 16:21
after update I always go to timers and do a new save from the list.Maybe not necessairy but all my timers work fine after that.

LbCwby
20-05-15, 21:18
What Andy has said: long press on the green button should bring the Auto-timers, not the normal ones. If it did, you did not press long enough.
Furthermore, in the normal EPG screen, you should see what programs have a timer on them, I think they are officially coloured Red.
Manually put in timers then show a red marker, generally on the right hand side of the Red indicated program, and
timers created through an auto-timer show also a green marker.
Conflicts will get shown regularly, even while watching a televison program, at the interval it is set to check (I believe generally every 30 minutes)

simono5
21-05-15, 12:41
I have the issue also and will follow this thread with interest. I have a number of Autotimers that show in the overview but don't ever then create actual timers. It's the one thing I need to understand before training the wife.

Many AutoTimers work correctly, just a set few never create timers and I can't fathom the pattern.

LbCwby
21-05-15, 20:33
Hi Simono5
What I found when mine were not working, was mostly:
- the day / time had changed or the program was temporary not on (summer / winter break f.e.)
- the auto timer was set for an exact match, but the name changed slightly for which the auto timer will not find it
- the channel itself has moved to different frequency, so the chosen channel does exist anymore. If you are using ABM you would not notice this

With regards to conflicts, unless itīs changed in Hades, you will be notified on screen at the set check time. The message clears after 15 seconds, but will be back if the conflict is not resolved. This will come back a number of times. If still unresolved, the timer, for that instance will fail, but remain active.

Please be aware, this is from my own observations. The programmers of this module will know the backgrounds.

simono5
21-05-15, 22:52
Hi Simono5
What I found when mine were not working, was mostly:
- the day / time had changed or the program was temporary not on (summer / winter break f.e.)
- the auto timer was set for an exact match, but the name changed slightly for which the auto timer will not find it
- the channel itself has moved to different frequency, so the chosen channel does exist anymore. If you are using ABM you would not notice this

With regards to conflicts, unless itīs changed in Hades, you will be notified on screen at the set check time. The message clears after 15 seconds, but will be back if the conflict is not resolved. This will come back a number of times. If still unresolved, the timer, for that instance will fail, but remain active.

Please be aware, this is from my own observations. The programmers of this module will know the backgrounds.
Thank you, I'm new to this so have spent some time trying to get my head around it. The problem programmes seem to be Emmerdale, Coronation Street and Britains got Talent. Whatever I did I couldn't get the AutTimers to work.

So I looked more into your point on exact match and although they did match I change the AT to partial matches and they all set-up fine.

I also learnt that I didn't have to set daily AT's for all the wife's soap. Simply unticking 'Only on Weekday' set one AT for all instances of the programme in that week. Obvious I know but something I didn't realise you could do.

In summary, there seems to be strange behaviour in setting up some AT's. Mainly on ITV. But turning off 'Exact Match' and 'Only on Weekday' has reduced the number of AT's I have set-up and addressed the issues I was experiencing.

Thanks a lot for your help.