PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] VU Solo 2 with OpenVix stuck in automatic restart cycle

D422MAN
17-05-15, 12:39
Hi,

Apologies if this post is in the wrong place, it's my first time.

I'm having a problem with my VU Solo 2 with it getting stuck in a cycle of reporting a software problem and auto rebooting and wondered if anyone had encountered this previously or could offer some suggestions or advice.

The box unexpectedly crashed while I was trying to download the 'webinterface' plugin to sync it to my ipad. Since then, every time I turn it on, it instantly goes into this loop of showing up the screen 'We are really sorry. Your receiver encountered a software problem, and needs to be restarted." and rebooting. I tried the remote to see if I could do a factory reset but it is unresponsive and won't allow me to get any menu's up (hence why I am unable to provide the Vix build number and version). I've also tried switching it off and back on by the switch on the back of the box but this too hasn't stopped it.

I was able to take a quick photo of the crash report screen that shows up in the hope it will offer some insight.....

casuk
17-05-15, 12:43
I think you will have to reflash it, plugin must be causing it to crash,

D422MAN
17-05-15, 13:30
Ok thanks. Do you know if that is possible without the box being responsive to the remote? I bought it with OpenVix already flashed to the box.

bellejt
17-05-15, 13:31
use usb stick and push powerbutton when asked.

Tkr001
17-05-15, 21:14
And you don't need to install the web interface plugin, it's installed by default in the image