PDA

View Full Version : [GiGaBlue HD800UE+] Vix Hade

sensui619
17-05-15, 11:45
Hi

I am just attempting to update my giga ue800 + image from apollo to hades. Query on flashing.

It is currently at 49% and doesn't seem to progress its been around 10 mins +, any ideas on this?

Giga UE 800+

casuk
17-05-15, 11:58
Its flashed 49% or has flash finished and its only booting up 49%

sensui619
17-05-15, 12:06
Ok strange normally when i flash vix image you get some form of notification saying completed so you can removed usb and reboot box. Whereas on Hades i took a chance i switched off the box removed usb then powered on and it seems flashing was completed but was stuck on 49% due to usb being plugged in.

strange where was the flash completed notification or manual intervention for reboot?.

time to play around with Hades :)..

Maybe one for the next image manual intervention (reboot) required so usb device can be unplugged rather then box rebooting and being stuck

casuk
17-05-15, 12:17
Iv just flashed the same image on the quad+ still setting up, after the flash box rebooted like normal, however now if I reboot it will just freeze the box I have to turn of from switch

sensui619
17-05-15, 12:54
Yes bug on the image but its fine when u unplug or usb thumb drive which contains the image.. as iv plugged my hdd and the box doesn't freez :).. just a small minor issue but this can catch people off guard.

all in all the reboot times of this image is fast compared to apollo :).. im already loving it

casuk
17-05-15, 13:13
I can't do a full reboot, it just won't complete, just sits on your GB is restarting, and I have to turn off from the mains

bellejt
17-05-15, 13:23
maybe first try a full reflash with usb stick

casuk
17-05-15, 13:32
I did that, set all up from scratch all is fine bar the reboot issue

nsw9154
17-05-15, 13:51
What image are you using have you tried Hades 008, i had the same issue setting up my Quad plus last night it got stuck on 49% and i had to switch it off at the back as well, then when it re-booted it seemed to get stuck on 49% again for ages i was just about to switch it off at the back again and it completed the re-boot and has been ok since :confused:

sensui619
17-05-15, 14:29
I am using latest hades 008 and i think casuk is using the same.

I am using ue800+ not a quad but did experience same issues after flash. I had to power off remove usb and power on and it booted up in a min.

image has issues as no user prompt or intervention. It should prompt you for manual reboot so u can remove usb.

If only e2 can be fast on boot up.

Image is very nice

casuk
17-05-15, 14:42
Yip 08 and same problem with 09 on the gbquad plus, its has been waiting to boot for the last 12mins and nothing, iv flashed 4 images today ATV, openmips, hdfreaks and vix and its only hades that is doing it I have not run any backups all have been done from scratch

sensui619
17-05-15, 18:01
Yip 08 and same problem with 09 on the gbquad plus, its has been waiting to boot for the last 12mins and nothing, iv flashed 4 images today ATV, openmips, hdfreaks and vix and its only hades that is doing it I have not run any backups all have been done from scratch

Ohh.. deffo a bug with this image on the quad then. Mines did the same but is now ok but im using UE800+ not the quad.

Revert back to last apollo release.

outrage_uk
17-05-15, 19:46
Quad / Quad Plus rebooting issues are in this thread...

Gigablue Guad Wont Restart (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?45506-Gigablue-Guad-Wont-Restart)

abu baniaz
18-05-15, 06:49
If the issues are at 49%, it is storage device related IIRC.

Perhaps failing USB stick?