PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] Delete file source XBMC

bokkie
16-05-15, 18:20
Hi all.
I accidentally added the Movie and Movies folder as a file source for my movies.
This results in all movies appearing twice everytime I update the library.
can anyone tell me how to remove one of the file sources to stop this happening?
Thanks everyone.

duoduo
16-05-15, 20:24
Ftp into your box and delete the folder you no Ionger require

s2tephen
16-05-15, 22:27
Go to videos / files right click on the folder you want to delete / remove source.
Then
System / Library / Clean Library.

bokkie
16-05-15, 22:53
Thanks for your replies.
lgleave22. where are the folders located? Had a look but can't find them.
s2tephen I can't right click as it is on my Solo2 with no keyboard, only my remote.

duoduo
17-05-15, 07:58
Usr,lib,enigma2,python,plugins

s2tephen
17-05-15, 09:21
If you find it easier to sit in front of the TV to do this try this. You need a button on your remote to emulate the back key to access the context menu.
The context menu gives you the way to edit Fav edit Sources delete Sources etc and lots of other functions on the receiver.
There are also apps for mobile phones that do this as well.

To access Subemnus in Xbmc we need a button to emulate right mouse Button.
You can do this using the mute button or one maybe not being used.

1) Goto the folder /media/hdd/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps and check if it is present the file keyboard.xml
2) If you have not the file in this location goto /usr/share/xbmc/system/keymaps/keyboard.xml

3) Edit file keyboard.xml
4) find line <volume_mute>mute</volume_mute>
5) Subtitute with <volume_mute>ContextMenu</volume_mute>
or you could use <escape>PreviousMenu</escape> to <escape>Back</escape> and reboot xbmc
6) Restart

duoduo
17-05-15, 11:05
I suggested the ftp way because the issue I had with using the remote method was that it didn't remove the folder but it might work fur you.

bokkie
06-06-15, 16:08
Thanks mate. Sorry for the late reply but I've been on holiday.
Worked a treat, great help.

If you find it easier to sit in front of the TV to do this try this. You need a button on your remote to emulate the back key to access the context menu.
The context menu gives you the way to edit Fav edit Sources delete Sources etc and lots of other functions on the receiver.
There are also apps for mobile phones that do this as well.

To access Subemnus in Xbmc we need a button to emulate right mouse Button.
You can do this using the mute button or one maybe not being used.

1) Goto the folder /media/hdd/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps and check if it is present the file keyboard.xml
2) If you have not the file in this location goto /usr/share/xbmc/system/keymaps/keyboard.xml

3) Edit file keyboard.xml
4) find line <volume_mute>mute</volume_mute>
5) Subtitute with <volume_mute>ContextMenu</volume_mute>
or you could use <escape>PreviousMenu</escape> to <escape>Back</escape> and reboot xbmc
6) Restart