PDA

View Full Version : Kodi, is it just me that hates the new version? (20150515)

orange1234
16-05-15, 14:27
I've just updated to Kodi v...515 and wtf :confused:

Where has the subtle list of apps gone with the semi-transparent background?

I can't say I'm a fan of the new sqaure icon interface.

The only improvement I would have suggested to the old Kodi interface was a couple of folders so you could have movies, and adult apps separately.

Is it just me or are you too missing the old Kodi interface, or are you a fan of the metro type interface.

Having said that big thanks to mfaraj for adding the clear search history to both TS Media and Kodi :thumbsup: by pressing menu.

orange1234
17-05-15, 17:44
Ok over the weekend there have been 2 more updates to Kodi and it's now V 517 and I've been seeing if I can change any settings to get rid of the tiles.

If like me you had "Show thumbpic" to "Yes" in config then you now have a full screen of Large square Icons like this.

If you make "show thumbpic" to "No" then you are back to the familiar Kodi screens.

The only problem now is you don't get a preview thumpic at the bottom it just shows a default pic of Kodi (as it's set to no) Frustrating when you are looking for movies and you don't get a thumbpic preview. :confused:

I am wondering if this is a bug? Can anyone see a way to keep the list view and show the thumbpic as it was before?

bathingaper
18-05-15, 12:09
Is it KodiDirect I should be installing from the plugin menu?

orange1234
18-05-15, 23:08
Yes, Kodi is in the plugins.