PDA

View Full Version : Streaming HD within my home network wifi / cable

juanca2000
16-05-15, 00:45
Dear all,

I am opening a new Thread as the only more or less similar post were quite old (2011 - ....)

I am having some issue in streaming HD channels from my solo 2 to other devices. PC is working quite ok, I can watch on first TV any channel while someone else is watching on the pc another HD channel. (wifi speed is at least 150mps)

But I am having a lot of trouble to the the same with my android tv box or stick. I am using a TENGO android TV box which is supposed to support and a HDMI stick MK903V to test streaming. Unfortunately HD is not working video is freezing or sound unsyncronised. It works perfectly well for HD channels.

I am using latest version of XBMC/Kodi on the android box/stick to watch the streamed HD channel from my solo2 but it does not work very well.
I am also using the latest version of VIX image (last update done today) but still not working for HD channels.

Can you help to find correct settings in the box or xbmc that will allow HD to work? Are you successfully using a similar solution for the second TV? Can you tell me what devices are used to make it work? Some special settings/drivers/ etc..?

I have tried to use transcode and it does work quite ok except for the video definition which is terrible even if I have set.. transcoding plugin to HD, 1mpgs, 25 images/sec.

I have 2 suspiscions.. first is internet speed on wifi (android devices 65mps to 90 mps) or sound coded issue on Android. (keep in mind on pc it is working)

Thanks a lot again for your help

Juan

judge
16-05-15, 01:10
Unfortunately HD is not working video is freezing or sound unsyncronised. It works perfectly well for HD channels.
Confusing? :confused:

DaMacFunkin
16-05-15, 06:35
My experience of Android TV boxes/Sticks, they are crap, particularly the wifi, the only time i had a half decent android box it had to be hard wired because the wifi was so flaky, some days it worked, some days it didn't, i now have 2 custom gigabyte based htpc's, they where a lot more expensive but they both work perfectly.

juanca2000
16-05-15, 11:48
Confusing? :confused:

sorry typo.. it works perfectly well on SD channels but not on HD..

casuk
16-05-15, 12:12
I get the same streaming hd, SD is always fine but HD can freeze, and be blocky

bathingaper
17-05-15, 14:53
I have an Acer Revo running Windows 7 with Kodi, which can stream my Solo2 perfectly fine. I also have a Macbook Pro running Kodi, again streams my Solo2 perfectly.

The only device that doesn't like streaming from my Solo2 is the Amazon Fire HD which has Kodi running on it. I have it wired too and yet it still doesn't play ball. Fast moving pictures eg. Footy, is poor, even with a wired connection.