PDA

View Full Version : VU Zero hbbtv and mediaportal won't install

jammie
15-05-15, 23:55
Hi - Just received a new VU+ Zero flashed by World of Satellite with latest Hades image and can't get HBBTV (and therefore opera browser) or Mediaportal to install. Been trying for hours but just get the same dependencies not met messages even when trying a manual install. Any ideas anyone? Is this image too new for these plugins? Apart from this problem I'm very impressed with how well this box performs - just as good as my solo2. Any help would be very much appreciated...cheers
error messages are HBBTv - cannot satisy the following dependencies - gstreamer & libgstvideo
and for Mediaportal - gst plugins good flv & gst plugins bad fragmented & gst plugins bad rtmp

abu baniaz
16-05-15, 00:18
See this post
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?45697-Mediaportal-wont-install&p=355638&viewfull=1#post355638

There is a guide to using telnet in my signature

jammie
16-05-15, 00:45
Thanks for your quick reply! Unfortunately I'd already found that thread before posting here - I tried the telnet method but I just got the very same error messages. What about HBBTV and opera browser is there a way to manually install those do you know?

judge
16-05-15, 01:15
Just installed HbbTV here on Solo2 without issue, on Hades 008.
Are you sure you didn't install any other plugins first that might mess with the dependencies?

Rob van der Does
16-05-15, 06:53
Also make sure you install the HbbTV plugin; not OpenOperaBrowser (as the latter doesn't work under Hades). The plugin works for all VU's.
And when things go wrong, the first thing we need is a debug log.

Trial
16-05-15, 08:04
Hi,
with --force-depends you will get same same output/messages but they are not handled as errors they are only warnings. So despite the warning MediaPortal should work.

ciao

jammie
16-05-15, 11:03
Still getting nowhere with this. Telnet doesn't want to install either whether it's a warning or a message. I'd only installed one other plugin - On Demand - but removing that doesn't make any difference. I can only assume that something is wrong with my image but I would have thought that the world of sat guys would know how to flash a brand new box correctly. "Dependencies not met" means there are files missing n'est pas?

Rob van der Does
16-05-15, 11:42
Please upload a debug report when you have an issue. And start with installing HbbTV from the feeds; that should work flawless.

jammie
16-05-15, 18:09
Please upload a debug report when you have an issue. And start with installing HbbTV from the feeds; that should work flawless.

That's why I'm here because it doesn't install flawlessly from the feeds or telnet. How do I create a debug then? Thanks.

Trial
17-05-15, 07:44
Hi,
install in telnet and add --force-depends to the opkg commandline.

ciao

jammie
17-05-15, 12:05
Still no joy I tried force depends originally. Looks like I'll have to reflash hades if there's no solution here.

Rob van der Does
17-05-15, 14:56
What's the report when you use force depends?

jammie
17-05-15, 17:03
Can't find any info on how to debug! My 1st post has the error messages for hbbtv and media portal.

Rob van der Does
17-05-15, 17:38
1st post is not about the force depends installation.

Trial
17-05-15, 17:50
Hi,
with --force-depends you get the same messages but these are ignored and installation should work.

ciao

jammie
17-05-15, 18:00
Sorry for confusion but the error messages I described in post 1 are exactly the same when attempting to install through feeds OR telnet using the force depends line....
.....cannot satisfy the following dependencies for enigma 2 plugin extensions hbbtv - gstreamer 0.10.36.1git12096+76fc67b
Libgstvideo 0.10.36.1+git10189+1e6ea cannot install package enigma 2 plugin extensions hbbtv
Execution finished!!

Rob van der Does
17-05-15, 19:35
What was the exact telnet command you used?

jammie
17-05-15, 22:40
Many thanks to everyone who tried to help here your help was very much appreciated! I've finally managed to install both plugins via telnet...I think I must have been having network problems as when I gave my box a static ip both installed at the first attempt. You live and learn!
What are the init 4 and init 3 commands by the way? I'm assuming they open and close a telnet session?
Cheers to everyone who helped!

judge
17-05-15, 23:50
What are the init 4 and init 3 commands by the way? I'm assuming they open and close a telnet session?
No, they shutdown & restart an E2 session on the box.