PDA

View Full Version : Zeus to Hades upgrade advice Please (for a non-techie).

datmac
15-05-15, 19:32
Hi, been on Zeus build 011 for ages with "if it ain't broke, don't tamper" attitude.
The last week or two i have got problems & have decided to upgrade at last to Apollo or Hades.
I know how to do a fresh image install but its so long since, that i want to be certain i don't need to do anything else before installing.
Like flashing bootloader for example.
Can someone please advise me so i don't do something unnecessary or at worst, brick it.
Also, which image would you advise.
Great big thanks for any help/advice.
Ps the problem i have this week is that for some reason, the box is greying out all the other channels including freeview while i am recording another channel whereas before i could record two channels while watching a third.

duoduo
15-05-15, 19:49
You need to use cccam 2.30 firstly to solve your channel issue. You only need to flash hades 008 no boot loader needed mate.

Andy_Hazza
15-05-15, 19:52
Hi, been on Zeus build 011 for ages with "if it ain't broke, don't tamper" attitude.
The last week or two i have got problems & have decided to upgrade at last to Apollo or Hades.
I know how to do a fresh image install but its so long since, that i want to be certain i don't need to do anything else before installing.
Like flashing bootloader for example.
Can someone please advise me so i don't do something unnecessary or at worst, brick it.
Also, which image would you advise.
Great big thanks for any help/advice.
Ps the problem i have this week is that for some reason, the box is greying out all the other channels including freeview while i am recording another channel whereas before i could record two channels while watching a third.

You shouldn't need to flash the bootloader prior to upgrading to a newer image. I would personally recommend upgrading to Hades (latest build is 008) that way you get all the benefits ViX has to offer.
As for the greying out of channels, the Duo is a twin tuner so in theory you can only record 1 channel and watch another or record 2 channels and watch one of the channels you are recording. But some channels use the same transponder so you can possibly record a couple and watch another, but depends on what channels etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

datmac
15-05-15, 20:07
Thanks pal, Hades 008 it is then.
I have been using ccam 2.30 so it must be something else.

datmac
15-05-15, 20:12
@Andy_Hazza thanks for advice.
I understand the limitations of the number of channels i can record/watch at same time but this is different.
It is greying out all the channels apart from the one i am recording.
I could understand that i might have changed something that caused this but i have not changed a thing on the box in about a full year or more.

Andy_Hazza
15-05-15, 20:33
@Andy_Hazza thanks for advice.
I understand the limitations of the number of channels i can record/watch at same time but this is different.
It is greying out all the channels apart from the one i am recording.
I could understand that i might have changed something that caused this but i have not changed a thing on the box in about a full year or more.

Check the cabling and f-connectors at the back of the receiver. Also another good test is to disable tuner B and test cable 1 then test cable 2, then disable Tuner A n repeat test. Just to rule out faulty cable, tuner etc. report back your findings please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk