PDA

View Full Version : Auto Timer

iamSteve
15-05-15, 10:45
I have 2 issues so far with auto timer....
Firstly If some programs vary in the time they are on, say by 2 hours and you allow for this with an auto timer say 12.00 - 1500 for a 1 hour program, and you allow another auto timer (well a third I guess in a Solo2) to be in an overlapping time frame should this cause a clash EVEN if one of them is on 12.00 today and the other is on at 13.00 today and a third at 14.30 today?

In this one BB Time bomb will not set the timer for Saturday?

Secondly If I want to set an auto timer for maybe Formula One only on a Saturday and Sunday (I can do this bit on a auto timer) however how do I start I am unsure what the official title is of the programe Formula One, LIVE: Formula One, F1 etc. when I cannot see it in the EPG.... and if its not in the EPG will it set to record anyway?

This Auto Timer is going to take some getting use to, 'green button' was much easier.

Steve.

birdman
15-05-15, 14:28
I have 2 issues so far with auto timer....
Firstly If some programs vary in the time they are on, say by 2 hours and you allow for this with an auto timer say 12.00 - 1500 for a 1 hour program, and you allow another auto timer (well a third I guess in a Solo2) to be in an overlapping time frame should this cause a clash EVEN if one of them is on 12.00 today and the other is on at 13.00 today and a third at 14.30 today?Auto timers themselves can't clash - only the timers which they end up setting can do that.

In this one BB Time bomb will not set the timer for Saturday?You could create an Auto timer to cover both, then Cancel (yellow button in Timers) the one you don't need/want.

Secondly If I want to set an auto timer for maybe Formula One only on a Saturday and Sunday (I can do this bit on a auto timer) however how do I start I am unsure what the official title is of the programme Formula One, LIVE: Formula One, F1 etc. when I cannot see it in the EPG.You could wait until it is in the EPG and start from there. Uncheck the "Exact match" default and prune the match name down to just "Formula"?

This Auto Timer is going to take some getting use to, 'green button' was much easier.If by "Green Button" you mean just a one-off Timer, then it's still there so you can still use it.

iamSteve
15-05-15, 18:27
Thank you for your time, I will look through some of the options you suggest. I think some of the problems is the timers that are created at starting at xx.57 and not at xx.00.

Green Button, was referring to my Sky series link on my other box. (Sorry should have been clearer)

birdman
15-05-15, 20:30
Thank you for your time, I will look through some of the options you suggest. I think some of the problems is the timers that are created at starting at xx.57 and not at xx.00.That's a result of them starting 3 minutes ahead of time (by default - it's configurable; they also finish 5 minutes after the scheduled end for the same reason) as broadcasters have a habit of being somewhat inexact about start times.