PDA

View Full Version : [TM-NANO-SE] indicator lights

robsunited
15-05-15, 09:07
After my box has finished recording the blue and red indicator lights remain on. I record to usb flash drive. Although the lights remain on the box itself is definitely doing what it should, if it has come out of standby for the recording it definitely drops back into standby at recording end, and although the red light remains on the recording itself DOES stop at the intended time. Is there a setting for the display I need to change or may this be a bug? Cheers guys.

Rob van der Does
15-05-15, 10:04
The box should not come out of standby for a recording at all....

robsunited
15-05-15, 10:45
Thing is, I just assumed it came out of standby because the blue light was on the past few mornings I came downstairs. My recordings to date have been late night ones and when I come down in the morning the blue light and red 'record' light remain turned on. When I turn on my tv I have to bring the box out of standby, as I would expect to do as I always leave it on standby when not in use, and the recording is the proper length as governed by the epg. These two lights remain on after the recording and up to such time as I intervene so I have to assume that unless I've missed a setting somewhere that this is a bug of sorts.

Rob van der Does
15-05-15, 11:36
Do you use any devices for streaming?
Reason I ask, is that when streaming ends, the tuner isn't (always) properly released (and hence the 'record' indicator will remain active).
Or do you have any ports forwarded to the box?

robsunited
15-05-15, 13:54
Do you use any devices for streaming?
Reason I ask, is that when streaming ends, the tuner isn't (always) properly released (and hence the 'record' indicator will remain active).
Or do you have any ports forwarded to the box?

Hi Rob. There is nothing else taking place whilst recordings are running. They have all been overnight recordings when I and my better half are tucked up in the land of nod. As for port forwarding, I haven't gone down this route with the SE.

Rob van der Does
15-05-15, 16:43
Something is very wrong with your box. A recording should not get your box out of standby, and a recording indicator should only do what it says.
I suggest you to flash your box with Hades 008, without restore and without plugins. Just get your service settings OK and install a softcam if you need one; see how you go from there.

abu baniaz
15-05-15, 17:01
My receiver records from standby.

robsunited
15-05-15, 17:35
ok guys. I will update to 008 later and see what happens tonight.

My box probably stays in standby to record, I only assumed it didn't because the light on the boxes standby button was lit blue in the morning but the box itself was definitely off.

Rob van der Does
15-05-15, 19:33
An update from 007 to 008 won't change anything in this area.

robsunited
15-05-15, 23:10
Sorry Rob. My mistake. When I'm free over this weekend I will factory reset the box and start from the beginning again. Probably the best option open to me. By the way, i checked tonight and the box stays in standby when it records. It's just the red recording indicator light doesn't go out until i bring the box out of standby again. The recording itself is fine. Thanks for the help so far. Hopefully a reset will fix things!?!

Rob van der Does
16-05-15, 06:14
No: a factory reset doesn't make you start completely from fresh.
Please flash the box with Hades 008 and don't install any plugins for the time being (apart from a softcam).

robsunited
16-05-15, 09:04
Rob you've been of immense help so far and you must think I'm thick. Unfortunately I've already updated to 008 which of course I now know was the wrong thing to do. Will I now have to wait for 009 and flash instead of updating? I will get this fixed eventually! By the way, does flashing overwrite all my plugins and stuff? I assume it does but I want to check with you to be sure. Thanks ever so much for being patient with me.

Rob van der Does
16-05-15, 09:26
Just flash 008 without restore.

robsunited
16-05-15, 09:58
Just flash 008 without restore.

Just what I hoped you say Rob. It will be much later tonight before I get home to re-flash the box. I'll do exactly as you have said and when I'm up and running I'll set a recording from the epg. I'll let you know tomorrow how I get on. Keep your fingers crossed for me Rob. Many many thanks for being so supportive :thumbsup:

robsunited
16-05-15, 14:36
OK Rob. Got in early and did a fresh reflash of 008. Red record light still remaining on after recording finishes. I followed your instructions to the letter. It's the only issue I'm having with the box, everything else works perfectly so I may just leave things as they are and accept this issue I'm having.

Rob van der Does
16-05-15, 16:58
So the box doesn't get out of standby any more for a recording?

And apart from the record-indication:
1- is there any timer (in the timer list) still showing active?
2- if you open the channel list: any indication of a service being recorded?
3- does the OSD show any recording being active?

robsunited
16-05-15, 17:20
So the box doesn't get out of standby any more for a recording?

And apart from the record-indication:
1- is there any timer (in the timer list) still showing active?
2- if you open the channel list: any indication of a service being recorded?
3- does the OSD show any recording being active?

OK Rob. Here goes. The box stays in standby when it's recording YES.
1. No timer showing as active.
2. No. Everything is as would be expected.
3. Nothing on the onscreen display.

UPDATE: I also did a recording with the box ON. At the end of the recording the red light went OFF. Therefore, this light issue only happens when in standby mode.

robsunited
18-05-15, 10:51
Am I to assume this has everyone stumped? Guess I'm learning to live with it so long as it's not going to lead to any issues down the line.

judge
18-05-15, 10:55
Are you sure it's not the power indicator light you're noticing?

robsunited
18-05-15, 15:21
Are you sure it's not the power indicator light you're noticing?

No judge. It's the light marked REC which is to the right of the power indicator light. It lights up when a recording starts, but in my case doesn't go off at the end of a recording when the box is in standby mode. It is still behaving as mentioned in my earlier posts.

judge
18-05-15, 15:28
No judge. It's the light marked REC which is to the right of the power indicator light. It lights up when a recording starts, but in my case doesn't go off at the end of a recording when the box is in standby mode. It is still behaving as mentioned in my earlier posts.
Driver issue so, maybe worth reporting to TM, ut doubt it will be on their list of priorities.

robsunited
18-05-15, 16:39
I'll give it a try mate. Nothing ventured nothing gained....