PDA

View Full Version : Cool TV Guide Options not saving?

majortom
12-12-10, 19:13
Hi Guys,
I did do a search for this but came up with nothing so apologies if this had been raised in another thread.
Running VIX 1.3 with all updates installed. The have changed the settings in Cool TV guide so the "short red" shows channel info and "ok" zaps and exits (Press Red to save changes in the guide settings).
The settings seem to save fine at the time but being "energy efficient" I turn my Duo+ off each night. When the box reboots the Cool TV guide settings go back to default (Red Zaps, Ok shows channel info).

Anyone else having this issue or anyone know how to fix?

Cheers,

MT

Sicilian
12-12-10, 19:30
How you turn off your Duo each night?

Try settings your settings then restarting holding down power button on remote and choosing reboot.

majortom
14-12-10, 14:10
Thanks very much, that did the trick. I normally put it in standby then hit the switch on the wall.

andyblac
14-12-10, 16:43
Thanks very much, that did the trick. I normally put it in standby then hit the switch on the wall.

you should really, put to DEEP STANDBY first before turning off power, it like turning off you PC whilst it is still running.

and BTW Deep Standby usses something like 0.3 watts of power whilst in Deep Standby

majortom
15-12-10, 22:11
Yeah its not the VU box being on standby using power, its the TV, Xbox, PS3, Amp, Sub, Media Streamer, & Wii :)

All adds up!!

Even my kettle pulls 20 watts just being plugged in!!