PDA

View Full Version : Please help a newbie understand

gav1n
14-05-15, 22:33
Hi

I will apologise now haha

I have done some research on here and want to get a vu+ box probably with vix installed from the sponsor. If I get one with a dual tuner and hard drive can this support series link?

Can someone please explain what vix is and what it actually provides as opposed to the std vu+ software?

cactikid
14-05-15, 23:15
and you are aware hd is not with us on 28.2,plenty of choices ,if you had a live cable feed a combo sat+cable option.
vix is the most copied image that people want,we like it ,i suggest to download the pdf guide to pc,
http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=Guides%20and%20Tutorials/:thumbsup:

gav1n
15-05-15, 07:58
What do you mean, hd is not with us?

I only have satellite so a combo box isn't on the cards.

Huevos
15-05-15, 08:16
What do you mean, hd is not with us?It means there have been some changes to Sky NDS encryption and it is no longer possible for these boxes with the current generation of softcams to decrypt HD channels from that provider even if your subscription card has sufficient entitlements for them.

Andy_Hazza
15-05-15, 08:20
What do you mean, hd is not with us?

I only have satellite so a combo box isn't on the cards.

It means you cannot get any "sky" hd channels regardless what satellite receiver you get. If you want hd channels then you need to stick with the official sky receiver. Non sky hd channels, I.e. BBC1 HD, BBC2 HD, ITV HD, CH4 HD all work fine though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gav1n
15-05-15, 22:33
Great understand now thanks and vix as I understand it is the interface that people like for navigation, applying skins etc is that right?

gav1n
15-05-15, 22:40
I'm also guessing if you want to use a gift it's just changing some settings in the menus? Is this complicated?

Andy_Hazza
15-05-15, 22:42
No card sharing/gift talk allowed, please re read the forum rules you agreed to when signing up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gav1n
15-05-15, 22:51
Sure Andy. I thought talking about non specific gifts was ok. Sorry