PDA

View Full Version : How to Stream from Enigma Sat > Plex Server > Plex Client?

imish
14-05-15, 14:53
Hi All

Hope somebody can assist.

Current LAN Setup

Miracle Sat Box running OpenVix
PLEX Server running in NAS
PLEX Client running on Mac Mini

Want to be able to LIVE Stream from the Sat Box via Plex Server to the Plex Client.

Is this possible and if so how do I go about it?

I've tried DreamPlex plugin, Tunerserver plugin, etc with no luck.

Many thanks

stevie65
14-05-15, 17:35
Yes is possible and works well.
Search for dreambox plugin 0.1 on plex forums ;-)

Steve.

imish
14-05-15, 19:27
going through the 50 odd pages there - got the latest bundle, edited the preference file......

currently stuck on the following

as I run PLEX server on a ReadyNAS box - I had had to SSH into the plugins folder - which I have done successfully.

How do I copy the "bundle" from a network share to this particular folder........not that clued up on linux command line..... :(

imish
15-05-15, 13:50
Got it working - despite being connected over a GB LAN, the stream is not reliable, keeps dropping.

stevie65
15-05-15, 14:54
Got it working - despite being connected over a GB LAN, the stream is not reliable, keeps dropping.

Maybe that is a limitation of the NAS you are running it on. I run plex server on a PC and have no issues what so ever.
Steve.

imish
15-05-15, 14:57
Maybe that is a limitation of the NAS you are running it on. I run plex server on a PC and have no issues what so ever.
Steve.

Good point - I should have mentioned that I am running the Plex Server on a Mac Mini and NOT on the NAS - decided against it due to CPU and transcoding requirements.

stevie65
15-05-15, 15:02
Hmm. Don't know then. As I said, I have no issues what so ever.
Are you streaming from port 8001? If so, is that a transcoded stream? If it is, you could maybe try and drop the bit rate and see if that improves it?

Steve.

imish
15-05-15, 15:12
yes, 8001 - which should NOT be transcoded (on the Enigma) however seems like the PLEX server (MacMini) is transcoding for the PS3 and Panasonic TV Plex Clients.

tandaman57
17-05-15, 17:22
Ive downloaded the dreambox plugin bundles but have no idea what to do from there Im afraid

simono5
17-05-15, 18:29
For me....copy Dreambox.bundle to the Plex server plugins folder. Mines here on my Synology server;
\\NAS\Plex\Library\Application Support\Plex Media Server\Plug-ins\

Restart Plex server.

Login into Plex server go to Channels > Dreambox. Click on Dreambox settings and add in the relevant information.

Click Save and hopefully when you go back into Dreambox channel you'll have;
On Now
Live TV
Recorded TV
Tools
Active Timers

Good luck

tandaman57
17-05-15, 19:10
Cheers mate will give that a go tomorrow...off to work now

imish
18-05-15, 11:49
For me....copy Dreambox.bundle to the Plex server plugins folder. Mines here on my Synology server;
\\NAS\Plex\Library\Application Support\Plex Media Server\Plug-ins\

Restart Plex server.

Login into Plex server go to Channels > Dreambox. Click on Dreambox settings and add in the relevant information.

Click Save and hopefully when you go back into Dreambox channel you'll have;
On Now
Live TV
Recorded TV
Tools
Active Timers

Good luck

Once you copy the files over to the folder don't forget to change the permissions to ensure full read write.
You will also need to edit the dreambox plugin file to point to your dream box (IP, Web Port, Streaming Port).

gazzeg
18-05-15, 15:16
Hi,

Can I use this on Star View H1 box using VIX image.

Thanks

simono5
18-05-15, 20:40
You will also need to edit the dreambox plugin file to point to your dream box (IP, Web Port, Streaming Port).

This is part of the Channels interface. No need to amend any plugin files.

finbarr
19-05-15, 12:15
I've been giving this a shot and can view live TV but not recording.

Recordings are listed, but I get a message "There was a problem playing this item" when I try to watch in Chrome.

Server log reports:

May 19, 2015 12:12:28 [0x10e39d000] ERROR - [Transcoder] http://127.0.0.1:32400/video/dreambox/PlayVideo/__NONE__?recorded=True&filename=media%2Fhdd%2Fmovie%2F20150517%2B2327%2B-%2BBBC%2BOne%2BNI%2BHD%2B-%2BMatch%2Bof%2Bthe%2BDay%2B2.ts&folder=Match%2Bof%2Bthe%2BDay%2B2&audioid=__NONE__&X-Plex-Token=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: Invalid data found when processing input
May 19, 2015 12:12:29 [0x10dcef000] ERROR - Failed to start session successfully.

Here is my settings: (correct?)

What container/codec settings do people use?

Also, do you use the Experimental Player?

imish
19-05-15, 12:27
I've been giving this a shot and can view live TV but not recording.

Recordings are listed, but I get a message "There was a problem playing this item" when I try to watch in Chrome.

Server log reports:

May 19, 2015 12:12:28 [0x10e39d000] ERROR - [Transcoder] http://127.0.0.1:32400/video/dreambox/PlayVideo/__NONE__?recorded=True&filename=media%2Fhdd%2Fmovie%2F20150517%2B2327%2B-%2BBBC%2BOne%2BNI%2BHD%2B-%2BMatch%2Bof%2Bthe%2BDay%2B2.ts&folder=Match%2Bof%2Bthe%2BDay%2B2&audioid=__NONE__&X-Plex-Token=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: Invalid data found when processing input
May 19, 2015 12:12:29 [0x10dcef000] ERROR - Failed to start session successfully.

Here is my settings: (correct?)

What container/codec settings do people use?

Also, do you use the Experimental Player?

Recording via the Plugin interface didn't work for me either so I reverted to the native PLEX interface to play recordings.

imish
19-05-15, 21:53
Same settings although the oath for me is harddisk/movie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

imish
27-10-15, 18:30
Had this working flawlessly for a couple of months and now LIVE TV is no longer working on PHT / other plex clients (IOS / web) are fine.

Running the latest versions of

Plex Server
PHT on windows
latest Openvix
updated windows running Plex Server

Photovoltaic
19-01-16, 13:17
I wonder if someone can help me get this working.

I installed the Plugin successfully in Plex and can see the channel & edit the settings. I've put the correct IP of my Device (Xtrend ET10000) into the settings, but it does not work.

I read on the Plex forum;

Limitations: This plugin is only tested with the web interface that is called Enigma Web Interface - Pli Edition. Until more development is done to support the Dreambox API, no other web interface will work I believe.

I am not sure if this is the webinterface that the ET10000 I'm running has. It's called "OpenWebif", and I have the OpenViX image on the box.

Should this plugin work with this config and I'm just doing something wrong, or is it a compatibility issue?

imish
21-01-16, 00:37
yes the plugin will work with openvix - you are running the correct web interface.

imish
21-01-16, 00:37
Had this working flawlessly for a couple of months and now LIVE TV is no longer working on PHT / other plex clients (IOS / web) are fine.

Running the latest versions of

Plex Server
PHT on windows
latest Openvix
updated windows running Plex Server

anyone have any ideas on this one?

Hoopstroops
17-11-16, 12:13
Can anyone help with installation? Not got a clue how to install plugin with non ipk method.

imish
17-11-16, 12:25
anyone have any ideas on this one?

now works with the newer IOS App version. 4.4 - haven't yet tried 4.5/

Hoopstroops
17-11-16, 12:54
now works with the newer IOS App version. 4.4 - haven't yet tried 4.5/

I am copying the dreambox.bundle folder to:
usr/lib/enigma2/python/plugins/extensions
but on reboot folder is disappearing which I think might be due wrongly edited permissions! Once installed successfully should i see it in plugin browser?

Hoopstroops
17-11-16, 14:08
Ok scratching my head here! Is this plugin supposed to install on my PC's Plex as opposed to the enigma2 box?

imish
17-11-16, 19:16
Ok scratching my head here! Is this plugin supposed to install on my PC's Plex as opposed to the enigma2 box?

if you are referring to the dreambox plugin that this thread refers to then that would be installed on your plex server - all the relevant info is on the dreambox plugin thread on the plex forums (mentioned earlier in this thread).

enjoy.

Hoopstroops
19-11-16, 09:10
Anyone managed to get this running off Plex server on a Nvidia Shield tv? A few extra hurdles to be crossed with rooting and symlinking for access to required folders but it is all i've got to work with at the moment.

imish
19-11-16, 11:48
Try the plex forum