PDA

View Full Version : Vu Zero recording Format.

RedDevil101
13-05-15, 23:23
Hi

I am looking at the Vu zero but I am interested at what format it records programmes in when it records to a hard drive. I have an F5S but it makes a new .TS file every 1GB of recording. This means if I want to create digital versions of programmes I have to convert them all into one file.

So yeah, what format does the Zero record into when it is recording in to a External HDD?

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

judge
13-05-15, 23:30
It's a zapping box, not PVR if using the original factory image.
If you use a 3rd party image, it can record & it will record as a .ts file.
If the USB HDD is set up correctly, no reason why the .ts would be broken up.

RedDevil101
14-05-15, 17:28
It's a zapping box, not PVR if using the original factory image.
If you use a 3rd party image, it can record & it will record as a .ts file.
If the USB HDD is set up correctly, no reason why the .ts would be broken up.

Would the Vix image enable to me to record? And brilliant, it is unbelievably annoying having to convert everything....

Rob van der Does
14-05-15, 17:42
Would the Vix image enable to me to record?
Yes .

john doe
14-05-15, 17:55
you can record on the zero but needs setting up properly

RedDevil101
14-05-15, 17:58
you can record on the zero but needs setting up properly

Ok, thanks for the help. Will have a look around for a tutorial on setting up if I get the box.

Cheers

john doe
14-05-15, 18:27
Ok, thanks for the help. Will have a look around for a tutorial on setting up if I get the box.

Cheers

its simple to setup

RedDevil101
15-05-15, 18:21
With the Vix image. Am i able to use a skin to make it look like a Sly HD guide? And with this skin installed can i browse the epg for a programme which for example is 4 days in advance and set it to record?
Also can i series link a program?

Andy_Hazza
15-05-15, 18:30
With the Vix image. Am i able to use a skin to make it look like a Sly HD guide? And with this skin installed can i browse the epg for a programme which for example is 4 days in advance and set it to record?
Also can i series link a program?

You sure can do all those on ViX. Via the plugin feeds you can download the Blue HD skin which is like sky's. Setting CrossEPG up correctly will give you a 7 day guide. And you can do one off recordings (Timers) and series links (AutoTimers). [emoji4]

RedDevil101
15-05-15, 18:32
You sure can do all those on ViX. Via the plugin feeds you can download the Blue HD skin which is like sky's. Setting CrossEPG up correctly will give you a 7 day guide. And you can do one off recordings (Timers) and series links (AutoTimers). [emoji4]

Brilliant!

Is transferring the cfg file a hassle at all?

Andy_Hazza
15-05-15, 18:33
No, easy using ftp.