PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] delay changing channels (picons not on hdd)

Donnie2000
12-05-15, 21:58
Following my previous thread all now seems good except for a delay switching some channels (not all, but some)....could be 7-8 secs sometimes. I've noticed this issue for the past while when my other problems began. Finally i was instructed to closed forwarded ports and this has brought almost everything back to normal except the dely. The picons are now on a usb stick but the problem was there before i put any picons anywhere. This is a clean install with the only mods being ccam 2.3.0.
I'm using catseye channel list 28.2. I have not tried anything regarding vpn yet.
Is there anything else that night be the problem that i could have changed?
thanks

judge
12-05-15, 22:14
There's no way your Solo2 should be that slow changing channels especially if only set-up for 28.2E, so it's either some other config issue causing it or how you're receiving your channels.
Does it happen on FTA channels? Do you have a local card in the box?
I'd also start with a fresh flash of a current image.

bbbuk
13-05-15, 08:10
My Solo2 which also uses just 28.2 takes about 1 sec to change channels and I even have picons (stored on HDD).

As mentioned by Jude, I would start with a fresh flash of latest image, Hades 007.

You would then need to setup everything again but you can backup from "/etc/enigma2" your autotimer.xml and timers.xml.

Is there any reason you don't use the built-in AutoBouquetMaker for your 28.2?

Donnie2000
13-05-15, 17:46
My Solo2 which also uses just 28.2 takes about 1 sec to change channels and I even have picons (stored on HDD).

As mentioned by Jude, I would start with a fresh flash of latest image, Hades 007.

You would then need to setup everything again but you can backup from "/etc/enigma2" your autotimer.xml and timers.xml.

Is there any reason you don't use the built-in AutoBouquetMaker for your 28.2?

I don't use ABM just because i like the catseye layout but just now i put on a fresh install of Hades. The only changes or additions i made were to download a channel list using ABM and to put on ccam 2.3.0.
The delays are still there. The duration varies but it appears not to affect the FTA channels which appear instantaneous. Any ideas?
thanks

DaMacFunkin
13-05-15, 18:39
Well if it doesn't effect FTA channels then the 8 second delay is coming from a request to look up a new pid and provide decription key for first ECM request on new pid, if that makes no sense to you and you don't have a local card then it's best not to ask anymore questions.

Donnie2000
13-05-15, 19:01
Well if it doesn't effect FTA channels then the 8 second delay is coming from a request to look up a new pid and provide decription key for first ECM request on new pid, if that makes no sense to you and you don't have a local card then it's best not to ask anymore questions.

understood!

duoduo
13-05-15, 19:06

Nicely put matey..