PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Ultimo] Sound volume diffence between SD and HD channels

rte
12-05-15, 10:13
The sound volume between SD and HD channels has become very large, much too large, after I updated from Hades 005 to Hades 007. SD is low while HD is high. I have tried to adjust the automatic volume adjustment plugin with no particular success. I have removed all the possible causes like TSmedia, Ondemand and Shoutcast plugins. Reflashing with or without the backup settings makes no difference.
I have a Yamaha audio set with HDMI-connections. It works alright with other sets like TV or DVD.
There must be a solution, I just can't find it. Any help available?

Trial
12-05-15, 11:08
Hi,
do you have downmix activated or deactivated? If activated then sound level of most SD channel can be manipulated by the box and for HD, which mainly used AC3, cannot. In this case set the volume of the box to around 90% and change volume only on TV/AVR.

ciao

Rob van der Does
12-05-15, 11:39
Nothing has been changed in this area; please make sure the volume of the box has been set to 100%.

rte
12-05-15, 12:08
Thank you for the advice. I had the HDMI volume keys forwarded in my box. By switching it of I saw that the HD signal volume was 100 but the SD was 55%. I was not aware that they have to be adjusted separately. Now they work alright. Funny that such a thing occured. And I never downmix the signal, I want to maintain the highest quality.

Rob van der Does
12-05-15, 12:24
Any STB always outputs AC3 & DTS at 100%, as it only passes on what it gets.
But PCM is controlled by the volume key of the box.

rte
13-05-15, 08:18
Now I also noticed that the automatic volume adjustment decreases the volume in SD-channels. Maximum is 50, no 100 is allowed. This has not been the case beofre. So. this function must not be enabled any more.

Rob van der Does
13-05-15, 09:58
I've never used 'automatic volume adjustment' and I have no idea what it's supposed to do.