PDA

View Full Version : Hello,

Prof 573v3
11-05-15, 23:46
Hello everybody.

Been through many non Linux satellite receivers. by comag, icecrypt. Technomate.

Having always found myself coming across problems with each receiver I've taken the plunge to try Linux receivers as it seems to offer the choice for various plug ins.

I am a total novice although I am seeing plugins for iptv and permanent timeshift which are the plugins that I am looking into combining. My first Linux receiver is the
TM-800 hd mainly because it can house an internal HDD and it was fairly cheap.

I am a total novice so I'm starting at the beginning from updating firmware and installing plugins. any links or suggestions are greatly appreciated. The receiver is currently running enigma 2.

abu baniaz
12-05-15, 00:08
Welcome to the forum.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but you won't get far with the TM800. It was their first venture into the E2 realms, it flopped. It won't even download epg off the satellite for 28.2. You also had to use a HDD smaller than a specific size for it to be detected. Unless you you used the USB HDD adapter.

It will be fine for basic watching of TV. Picture quality is actually very good on it. They used derivative of PLI 2.1 (IIRC), with only 2.5 MB space left. Any plugins you get will ahve to be compatible with the older version of python.

Their new units are fine overall.